The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris Eubank Jr

+2
azania
weatherwatcher
6 posters

Go down

Chris Eubank Jr Empty Chris Eubank Jr

Post by weatherwatcher Sat 19 Nov 2011, 10:28 am

Did anyone catch his first fight, they said he was good and it proved their faith in him to start him off in his first bout with a 6 round contest. He started off jumping over the ropes just as his dad did. When he came out to fight he was good, even though his dad had to come to the corner to tell him to shift his shots to the body, which he did and that turned the fight. Get him to jab a bit more and we have the next World Champ, no doubt about that. Never seen a lad come out for his first pro fight with so much talent. He looked more like he had fought 10 fights not his first, he should go a long way. Lets hope he carries on the way he started, can't see why not, come a couple of years he will be up there fighting the top names. Good luck to the future young Chris.!!!!!!

weatherwatcher

Back to top Go down

Chris Eubank Jr Empty Re: Chris Eubank Jr

Post by azania Sat 19 Nov 2011, 10:37 am

I think he'll go very far. In a couple of years time he'll be a SMW and challenging for major honours. I believe he'll be better than Groves and DeGale.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 19 Nov 2011, 10:38 am

Wouldn't say the body shots turned the fight as such; it was pretty one-sided throughout. Jr did look pretty good though, or at least as good as you'd expect against an opponent who clamshelled-up. Don't see his dad giving him advice as too much of a big thing either; he's the perfect guy to do it and Jr had only had about 26 amateur fights so experience may be lacking a bit.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat 19 Nov 2011, 10:41 am

Yeah was encouraged by his showing - decent opponent for first bout - a little defensive but most first bouts are crap. Reasonably quick and willing o listen which is important. Rather conservative a stance as you said - didn't jab too much.

Think he needs to practice drills which automatically include the body rather than being directed towards it- but not really a criticism - because hes got time.

all in all - Good news.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by All Time Great Sat 19 Nov 2011, 12:20 pm

Check out his promo, really enjoyed this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caBATuiG29Y&feature=youtube_gdata_player

All Time Great

Back to top Go down

Post by weatherwatcher Sat 19 Nov 2011, 5:10 pm

U was not calling his dad for getting up and offering the lad advice. It was nice to see. If I was a boxer with a dad like that I would be proud that he folled me into the ring and got up to give me some advice.

weatherwatcher

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 19 Nov 2011, 5:16 pm

need to see more of him but him and buglioni look exciting

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down