The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blackburn Rovers - It Has Been Fun

+5
AberdeenSteve
Luke
Crimey
Kay Fabe
legendkillar
9 posters

Go down

Blackburn Rovers - It Has Been Fun Empty Blackburn Rovers - It Has Been Fun

Post by legendkillar Sat 19 Nov 2011, 4:06 pm

As a Blackburn fan, seeing the club over the years has some what been a rollercoaster. In the days of Flowers, Gale, Moran, Hendry, Berg, Le Saux, Adkins, Warhurst, Wilcox, Ripley, Sherwood, Shearer, Newell, Sutton to the present. It is heartbreaking to watch the club I love fall into the hands of another set of incompetent owners and seemingly another relegation is certain and this time I cannot see the rebound effect that served the club well back in 1998-1999. I have seen him crazy decisions in my time at the club. From Ray Harford playing Chris Sutton as a Centre Back to Graeme Souness signing Corrado Grabbi for £6.7M. From Blackburn winning the Premier League to them winning the League Cup in 2002.

But for the owners who only football experience is throwing a ball into a chicken coop and watching them kick it about to sack Sam Allardyce and hire Steve Kean with no managerial experience, and expect him to deliver us to the top 10 is stupidity at it's best. Up there with Alan Sugar (doesn't deserve the title Lord after this statement--->) "The I-Pod would be dead, shot, kaput by Christmas 2005" quote.

I cannot see what the owners expect with such little being invested into the club. Some will say look at Newcastle, but we haven't got the same quality of players that they did when they got relegated in 2009. I fear a dark lingering period to last for some time ahead Crying or Very sad

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Blackburn Rovers - It Has Been Fun Empty Re: Blackburn Rovers - It Has Been Fun

Post by Guest Sat 19 Nov 2011, 4:50 pm

its a shame how quickly blackburn have declined. Steve kean was never gonna succeed as manager, and the venky's must be wondering what they have done

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 19 Nov 2011, 5:38 pm

Good result for Blackburn today, Yakubu is a bit of an enigma but he'll get 15+ goals if he plays every week

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Sat 19 Nov 2011, 9:42 pm

I hope so Gaf. I just fear that he can't do it alone and Goodwillie needs to start showing some form. I worry in January we will lose Hoilett. The boy is having a great season thus far and has been the highlight of a poor year for us.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat 19 Nov 2011, 9:46 pm

Hoillet is a real talent, and I just can't see you keeping hold of him after this year. He's got the pace, the tricks but then has the final product as well...and he's only 21!

I'd certainly like to see him at Liverpool. I think you might try and cash in on him in January if you're still in the bottom three come Christmas, because if you get relegated, no doubt you'd have to sell him at a cut-price.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Sat 19 Nov 2011, 9:58 pm

He will go crimey in January even if we are not in the bottom 3. All it takes is for Kean to ask for funds and be told to sell. I would love to see him stay, but all it takes is a bid from the top 6 and he is gone.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sat 19 Nov 2011, 10:49 pm

I'm not sure how true this is, but i'm sure i read somewhere that the Venkys were considering an offer from someone (sorry bit vague).

Makes you wonder with them, portsmouth owners etc what exactly the FA's fit and proper owners thing is all about.

Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun 20 Nov 2011, 11:03 am

The Germans for me have the best footballing structure in World Football and their rules make it impossible for foriegn owners to come in and buy clubs outright

As for Hoilett, I like the look of him, can't see him hanging around to long either I think Blackburn will need to cash in to get funds for other positions

How has Goodwillie done? I know he hasn't scored but how has he played, Celtic have been linked with a move for him in January for £1.5m but I think given a chance he could really do well down there, as horrible as it sounds, relegation could be the making for him at Blackburn the way a drop down done wonders for Andy Carroll

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Sun 20 Nov 2011, 11:28 am

Sorry, I but really hope they go down. There aren't a lot of teams I can say I hate but Blackburn are fast becoming one. Steve Kean, I just don't get him and the way the club is run is dreadful.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun 20 Nov 2011, 1:35 pm

I've always had a soft spot for Blackburn since Kenny Dalglish took over, since Celtic where utter garbage at the time Shearer was my favourite player, we used to go to Blackpool every summer and got pally with this old couple who where mad Blackburn fans, the old dear Gladys went out and bought me loads of Blackburn memrobilia and got it signed and bought me an away top with Shearer 9 on the back around 94ish so I couldn't ever want them to go down, I know Steve Kean's neice too so wanting him to fail isn't an option

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Nov 2011, 2:08 pm

Blackburn getting relegated will be just rewards for the shocking decision to sack Big Sam. Granted their football wasn't the best, but like Stoke, it was effective, they were getting points and mid table was always a safe bet, as it should be for a club of their stature.

Venky's have rolled into town and showed complete negligence to the club, bought in an experienced and yes and as a result, suffered the correct consequences.

Dare I say it, I'll be happy to see the back of them, vindication and a half for Allardyce too if West Ham come back up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Nov 2011, 2:12 pm

Bye bye Blackburn. Not a fan of much to do with the club if I'm honest and it's only going to get worse in January.

I reckon you'll sell Hoillett rather than losing him on a free in the summer. After he goes you really don't have that much elft that could potentially gain you some points.

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 20 Nov 2011, 8:15 pm

I think the opposite of you Churchy, the squad Blackburn have, they should be safe. Paul Robinson is a solid keeper, Scott Dann and Christopher Samba are both good centre backs, Hoillet is awesome, Yakubu can bang in the goals, and then you have players like Pederson, Olsson etc. who are all decent enough. They should not be in the position they are.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Nov 2011, 9:00 pm

But come January will the board not sell Hoillett rather than get nothing for him and move on Samba if a big club comes knocking? After that I'd say the defence is quite weak and the midfield could be dominated by quite a few teams. They need Yakubu to play the best he has for years to grab enough goals to survive.

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 20 Nov 2011, 9:03 pm

Yeah I think if they start selling they would be in trouble, but the squad they have now is unperforming. I think it's a stronger squad than QPR, Wigan, Norwich and Swansea at least.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Nov 2011, 9:07 pm

I'd agree, but the players haven't done much good for a while. I'd take mostly Swansea players over Blackburns, with a few exceptions.

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Sat 26 Nov 2011, 2:53 pm

How does Steve Kean seriously still have a job?

This time last season they were 8 points better off with Big Sam and they sacked him. So they are now in a worse position with a terrible manager and offer him a new contract?

There is definitely sexual favours in there some where Laugh

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Sat 26 Nov 2011, 3:00 pm

1 win in 14 is horrendous for a club that usually gave the big teams a match under Sam previously. Although, they don't really have many great players in their team other than Hoilett. They will unfortunately be my pick to go down this year with Wigan, not sure of the 3rd yet.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Sun 01 Jan 2012, 12:12 pm

To be honest I'd be pleased for Steve Kean if Blackburn avoid relegation considering all the bile and vitriol aimed at him by some of the fans. I think the Bishop of Blackburn had a good point about treating manager like a human being..... Maybe after they took 4 points off Liverpool and Man Utd some people will give him a break....

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 01 Jan 2012, 12:17 pm

I think the fans have a right to be frustrated, and I think the real anger is directed at the owners who have made promises which they have failed to achieve.

Unfortunately Steve Kean has become the figure of the Venky's regime and their first odd and probably wrong decision.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Sun 01 Jan 2012, 12:32 pm

Blackburn have 14 points so far this season.

7 of those points were from games v Arsenal (H), Liverpool (A) and Man U (A)

Somehow.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sun 01 Jan 2012, 1:48 pm

Managed to watch Blackburn's game on Sky yesterday. A very determined performance and a deserved win. The manager has certainly not lost the changing room.

I actually think Blackburn will be ok; ie avoid relegation.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Sat 14 Jan 2012, 8:27 pm

Battling win for 10 man Blackburn today takes them - temporarily at least - out the relegation zone. Full marks for character in adversity.....

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 14 Jan 2012, 10:45 pm

Like I said way back when, as long as they've got a goalscorer they'll have a fighting chance, the fact they managed to get 3 goals today without him speaks volumes, it's hard to remember a team of players so low in the league that have an unwavering backing for their manager, that's commendable

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down