The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can December come quick enough?

+2
Notch
LondonTiger
6 posters

Go down

Can December come quick enough? Empty Can December come quick enough?

Post by LondonTiger Sun 20 Nov 2011 - 20:27

Well the first two rounds are over and the teams return to league action. The action over the last two weeks has had all sorts of drama and has left us with an exciting set of double headers in December. Welsh teams are unbeaten - but will the match against Australia disrupt preparation?

In every single group, the top two teams will play each other home and away. Secure more points than your rival and a team will have one foot in the 1/4 finals - win both and a home tie will be hanging tantalisingly in the future. Meanwhile the teams in the bottom positions will be looking to win both matches to put them right back in the mix.

Pool A
Scarlets will be confident of winning at Parc y Scarlets in the first match, but after the last two weeks will not want to allow Munster to be within 3 points when the 80 minutes comes to a close. Munster never let any cause go, so I can see them getting an LBP followed by a win at Thomond. Saints and Castre have to win both matches to have any chance - unlikely.

After Round 4 - Scarlets and Munster to be joint top with Saints and Castres out of it.

Pool B
Edinburgh top the table - but i suspect not for long. A cold, Cardiff Friday should see the Blues too strong. Racing should also be too strong for for London Irish and could follow up a win in Paris with a second the following week in Reading. With Edinburgh squeezing a win back in Scotland this group could still go down to the wire.

After Round 4 - Blues 14pts, Edinburgh 13, Racing 12, LI 3

Pool C
Leinster look to have too much for Bath and will hope for two wins and at least 1 TBP. Glasgow and Montpelier to share the honours.

After Round 4 - Leinster 16pts, Montpelier 9, Glasgow 8, Bath 5

Pool D
Hard for me to be impartial. However I cannot see Tigers getting anything in Montferand, and can see Clermont securing the LBP at Welford Rd. Ulster need as many points against Aironi as they can - but can they score the tries?

After Round 4 - Ulster 13pts, Tigers 12, Clermont 11, Aironi 0

Pool E
With Sarries and Ospreys going head to head - and probably sharing the spoild can Biarritz take advantage. I am sure they remember their trip to Italy last year, and will strive to ensure no repeat.

After Round 4 - BO 15pts, Sarries 11, Ospreys 10, Treviso 3

Pool F
Quins and Toulouse duke it out for honours here. Quins will expect Evans to drive them to victory in the first leg. The return to Toulouse could see a try fest. honours shared. Gloucester's form is suspect. If it does not turn around Connacht couls secure their firat HC win in teh first leg. They need to as they may struggle at Kingsholm.

After Round 4 - Toulouse 14pts, Quins 13, Gloucester 7, Connacht 4

Of course, with my Sportsguru record at about 70% it will probably be very different.

I cannot wait.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Can December come quick enough? Empty Re: Can December come quick enough?

Post by Guest Sun 20 Nov 2011 - 20:38

will the international match against us in Australia disrupt the Welsh regions? you bet it blydi will! Diolch (NOT!) WRU furious

With regards to Pool 1, I am hoping the Scarlets win at home and get a LBP away to Munster. That would be the minimum I would ask for. It's a huge ask against Musnter though, they're such a tought side to kill off.

Am hoping from a Welsh perspective taht the Blues and O's win at least one of their matches as well, can't ask for too much more then that.

Some of the groups really are going to go down to the wire though, almost impossible to call, tis one of the things I love most about this comp!

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun 20 Nov 2011 - 22:34

I think we can score the tries, but it really depends on the backline we put out. I think we will take 9 points against Aironi so a good prediction. But no idea what will happen in the Leicester-ASM game!
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Mon 21 Nov 2011 - 14:15

As a Quins fan i'd be immensely happy with a home win against Toulouse and an away bp.

I don't think either of those games will be beautiful to watch though unless your a forward. I'm expecting Toulouse to come along to The Stoop with the intention of pummelling us in to the dirt first and running backs moves second. Likewise when we're at theirs I expect more of the same but a bit more of a show for the home fans and them looking for the try bp.

Those matches are going to be on a whole different level then Glos or Connacht and along with (probably) having lost some time before that it'll be a good test of the coaching team and the leaders across the pitch.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Mon 21 Nov 2011 - 14:30

yappysnap wrote:As a Quins fan i'd be immensely happy with a home win against Toulouse and an away bp.

I just have this feeling that there will be tries in Toulouse. Toulouse to win by >7, but both sides to get TBP.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 21 Nov 2011 - 14:34

LondonTiger wrote:Edinburgh top the table - but i suspect not for long. A cold, Cardiff Friday should see the Blues too strong.

And Edinburgh are used to playing in Mediterranean conditions?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Mon 21 Nov 2011 - 14:41

luckless_pedestrian wrote:
LondonTiger wrote:Edinburgh top the table - but i suspect not for long. A cold, Cardiff Friday should see the Blues too strong.

Of course - have you never had an autumn supper in one of Leiths fine Michelin starred restaurants thinking to youself "this is just like Nice"

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Mon 21 Nov 2011 - 15:47

LondonTiger wrote:
luckless_pedestrian wrote:

Of course - have you never had an autumn supper in one of Leiths fine Michelin starred restaurants thinking to youself "this is just like Nice"

I didn't think the local chippie could get a michelin star for a deep fried mars bar.

Edinburgh beat the blues in Cardiff, they have done it before. It will be a task made easier if Desperate Dan plays for the blues Wink

Make no mistake though I reckon the double weekender against Cardiff will result in two LBP matches for the homes sides.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Mon 21 Nov 2011 - 15:53

I think the Tigers results are hard to predict at the moment, the team lacks a little spark at the moment but Ben Youngs injection of attacking intent made a real difference against Ulster and if he is fully fit and Manu is back then the Tigers chances are vastly improved. Minus Youngs, Twelvetrees and Manu and I fear Tigers just won't have enough backline spark and against the massive Clermont pack they won't be able to simply apply the muscle and play for the set pieces. Will all depend on the recuperation of the walking wounded then.

Even then it might not be enough.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down