The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Murray's best chance of winning that elusive slam?

+12
Jeremy_Kyle
Danny_1982
bogbrush
barrystar
CaledonianCraig
newballs
Josiah Maiestas
break_in_the_fifth
yummymummy
The Special Juan
Mad for Chelsea
eraldeen
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Best chance?

Murray's best chance of winning that elusive slam? - Page 2 Vote_lcap54%Murray's best chance of winning that elusive slam? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 54% 
[ 7 ]
Murray's best chance of winning that elusive slam? - Page 2 Vote_lcap15%Murray's best chance of winning that elusive slam? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 2 ]
Murray's best chance of winning that elusive slam? - Page 2 Vote_lcap8%Murray's best chance of winning that elusive slam? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 1 ]
Murray's best chance of winning that elusive slam? - Page 2 Vote_lcap23%Murray's best chance of winning that elusive slam? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 23% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 13

Murray's best chance of winning that elusive slam? - Page 2 Empty Murray's best chance of winning that elusive slam?

Post by eraldeen Mon 21 Nov 2011, 12:13 pm

First topic message reminder :

Where might Murray win his first slam?

eraldeen

Back to top Go down

Murray's best chance of winning that elusive slam? - Page 2 Empty Re: Murray's best chance of winning that elusive slam?

Post by break_in_the_fifth Tue 22 Nov 2011, 6:55 pm

Tenez I hope Murray can prove you wrong and revolutionise the game that's gone in a physical direction with his superior touch. Problem is he keeps saying he needs to get stronger and or fitter which doesn't sound to encouraging.

break_in_the_fifth

Back to top Go down

Murray's best chance of winning that elusive slam? - Page 2 Empty Re: Murray's best chance of winning that elusive slam?

Post by Guest Tue 22 Nov 2011, 7:08 pm

I'm going to throw a spanner in the works and say that I think his 1st slam will be Wimbledon, for the sole reason that apart from the increased pressure, he's at home with a home crowd.

He seems to play better and for longer on grass IMO, which I'm pretty sure comes from the huge support he gets from the surrounding spectators.
(I'm not sure about this, but my impression is that he commits less UE's on grass, don't ask me how I came to this staggering thought, but thats how it feels to me)

His downfall has been suddenly waking up to it all, instead of playing within himself, which is a by product of the expectations of the nation I suspect.

It makes or breaks him when he gets to the crunch matches....the semis and finals. Some will call it mental midgetry, I call it the ability to lose concentration, focus.

To me, if he could put it all together, he could win a slam, and I don't see it happening anywhere else but SW19 for the reasons above.

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Tue 22 Nov 2011, 7:14 pm

I'll say the Australian Open - runner-up in the last two seasons and the surface seems to suit him.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue 22 Nov 2011, 7:33 pm

break_in_the_fifth wrote:Tenez I hope Murray can prove you wrong and revolutionise the game that's gone in a physical direction with his superior touch. Problem is he keeps saying he needs to get stronger and or fitter which doesn't sound to encouraging.

I'd be the first happy to see more talent in the game. But the "touch" is not only about caressing the ball. It's about handling a pacy ball and giving it even more pace, angle and accuracy. THat is bloody difficult to do though they can all do it...but only a few can do it enough to win matches at the highest level. Nadal, Murray and Djoko chose the safer route but more gruelling route.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by break_in_the_fifth Tue 22 Nov 2011, 7:39 pm

Out of those 3 I think Murray had the most choice though but he's developed his game like the other 2.

break_in_the_fifth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2