The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lunch venue near Twickenham stadium please

+4
Taffineastbourne
slartibartfast
maestegmafia
hugehandoff
8 posters

Go down

Lunch venue near Twickenham stadium please Empty Lunch venue near Twickenham stadium please

Post by hugehandoff Mon 21 Nov 2011 - 20:26

This Saturday both my sons are playing at Twickenham (U9 and U11) for Rosslyn Park prior to the Babas Aussie match. I have grandparents and all sorts attending so not the usual beer laden affair. I am after somewhere close to the stadium which does a decent lunch? Anyone know of a decent pub or restuarant that fits the bill? The mini rugby finishes at 1230 and the match is a 1435 k.o. so I am after something close by.

Thanks.

hugehandoff

Back to top Go down

Lunch venue near Twickenham stadium please Empty Re: Lunch venue near Twickenham stadium please

Post by maestegmafia Mon 21 Nov 2011 - 20:32

There is a great bacon and egg sandwich van on the A3 just before you get to Twickenham when approaching from the south or M25. They use hand cut Bloomers instead of sliced white. They use real HP sauce too.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Lunch venue near Twickenham stadium please Empty Re: Lunch venue near Twickenham stadium please

Post by hugehandoff Mon 21 Nov 2011 - 20:37

A good fall back Maesteg but I need somewhere for us all to sit down.....maybe I will just have to do the old fashioned car park picnic thing?

hugehandoff

Back to top Go down

Post by slartibartfast Mon 21 Nov 2011 - 20:43

buckingham palace?
slartibartfast
slartibartfast

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 21 Nov 2011 - 20:44

Its a personal favourite... well worth a stop if your passing.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Mon 21 Nov 2011 - 22:46

There is a McDonalds in Twickenham that might please the youngsters!

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Mon 21 Nov 2011 - 23:04

Used this one in the past
http://www.concerthotels.co.uk/restaurant/pincho/1127?venueid=148045

But there are several others close to the stadium
http://www.concerthotels.co.uk/venue-restaurants/twickenham-stadium-restaurants/148045

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Looseheaded Mon 21 Nov 2011 - 23:26

I'd personally recommend going into Richmond if you want a proper sit down lunch, a little bit more options there than in Twickenham. Nandos, Giraffe etc.

Looseheaded

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Mon 21 Nov 2011 - 23:33

The Cabbage patch opposite twickenham station does pretty good food and has a good atmosphere on match day. If your in Whitton then the Admiral Nelson is generally good.

The Albany is also a great pub with good food and atmosphere and kid friendly.

The Macdonalds has closed in twickenham though there is a kfc there now. You have a pizza express and a pizza hut though

Normas dinner diner is a five mounte walk from the station and has great fry up all day, but is a beer free zone.

Basically turn left when you come out of the station and you will hit Twickenham centre where there are a multitude of good eateries, After living 20 years in Twickenham I would go for Normas their breakfast has cheered me up a few times after some hammerings at HQ.

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Mon 21 Nov 2011 - 23:37

If your really pushed for time and are coming from and going back to the stadium then the Admiral Nelson is your best option I think. Basically Whitton is five mins from the stadium and again you have a good curry house in Jollys, The Nelson, theres a couple of good delis there as well.

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by hugehandoff Mon 21 Nov 2011 - 23:53

Tycroes......many thanks. Admiral Nelson sounds the best bet.

hugehandoff

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Tue 22 Nov 2011 - 9:09

White Swan - down on the river in Twickers. Recently re-vamped, good menu and great Naked Lady beer.

Plenty of little bistro places down Church St in Twickers too - lovely little French bistro, used to be called bonjour. And there are plenty of Indian places all over.

Bit more of a step thre is the Prince Blucher on Twickenham Green.

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down