The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boring fights that we love to remember.

+7
bhb001
88Chris05
azania
ShahenshahG
Steffan
BALTIMORA
DaveVDK
11 posters

Go down

Boring fights that we love to remember. Empty Boring fights that we love to remember.

Post by DaveVDK Mon 21 Nov 2011, 8:35 pm

What fights can you think of that were tedious to watch, but bring fond memories for other reasons. One of my picks must be Bruno v McCall, as we had waited so long to see Bruno become champion. Any suggestions?

DaveVDK

Back to top Go down

Boring fights that we love to remember. Empty Re: Boring fights that we love to remember.

Post by BALTIMORA Mon 21 Nov 2011, 8:39 pm

Degale vs Groves. Just for Degale's premature celebration.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Boring fights that we love to remember. Empty Re: Boring fights that we love to remember.

Post by Steffan Mon 21 Nov 2011, 8:44 pm

Froch v Kessler

Just for this picture alone...
Spoiler:

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 21 Nov 2011, 9:00 pm

Pervy ref getting off on Frochs Nipples?

Audley Sprott

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 21 Nov 2011, 9:04 pm

DeLeon/Nelson. Made me remember that boxing is a contact sport.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 21 Nov 2011, 9:20 pm

Jones-Ruiz, if only for the fact that a former Middleweight champion taking even a portion of the Heavyweight crown is such an unusual feat and it will be a good while before it happens again.

Calzaghe-Hopkins, if only to see Hopkins' face afterwards given his 'I would never let a white boy beat me' bile which he spewed beforehand.

Mosley-Mayorga, if only for the fact that it contained that plank Mayorga getting knocked out, always a pleasure in itself.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Mon 21 Nov 2011, 9:40 pm

Steffan wrote:Froch v Kessler

Just for this picture alone...
Spoiler:
That wasn't a boring fight!

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 21 Nov 2011, 9:43 pm

Your right it wasnt boring. I guess I just classed it as boring as it didnt live up to the power punching tearup a lot of us thought it would be. Great result though

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Mon 21 Nov 2011, 9:46 pm

Steffan wrote:Your right it wasnt boring. I guess I just classed it as boring as it didnt live up to the power punching tearup a lot of us thought it would be. Great result though
Yeah, apart from the robbery... Whistle

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 21 Nov 2011, 9:48 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:
Steffan wrote:Your right it wasnt boring. I guess I just classed it as boring as it didnt live up to the power punching tearup a lot of us thought it would be. Great result though

Yeah total robbery Laugh

Whats the bet Froch win whinge and moan if Ward beats him on points that he was robbed again

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Mon 21 Nov 2011, 9:57 pm

Steffan wrote:
BALTIMORA wrote:

Yeah total robbery Laugh

Whats the bet Froch win whinge and moan if Ward beats him on points that he was robbed again
I don't agree with him that he won, although he might've been gifted a decision had it been in Nottingham. It WOULD have been a total gift, mind.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Tue 22 Nov 2011, 12:40 pm

Only for me, but Skelton - Williams 2. Just to watch Skelton dance around a vastly overweight Williams was hilarious

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 22 Nov 2011, 12:54 pm

harrison/rogan boring fight but funny to see an olympic champ outpointed by a novice slugger!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Tue 22 Nov 2011, 1:17 pm

Skelton-Sprott.

We love to remember it such that if we ever see a bad fight, we remember we've seen one worse.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Tue 22 Nov 2011, 5:59 pm

Klitschko vs Ibragimov warning

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Tue 22 Nov 2011, 6:08 pm

monty junior wrote:Klitschko vs Ibragimov warning

Probably the worst unification matchup in history. Good shout monty.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by Cast a Shadow Tue 22 Nov 2011, 7:29 pm

oxring wrote:Skelton-Sprott.

We love to remember it such that if we ever see a bad fight, we remember we've seen one worse.

I kept changing the channel just to make sure I wasn't watching an EQUOP version of Strictly...

Cast a Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down