The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How many fights are really fair fights ???

3 posters

Go down

How many fights are really fair fights ??? Empty How many fights are really fair fights ???

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 06 Feb 2014, 2:23 pm

Apparently the ring size for the Froch-Groves fight was the smallest possible it could be........Which made me think how many fights are really bonafide ......Not to say they are fixed...........

Remember Leonard getting the biggest ring possible for Hagler ??

Mayweather and Manny use catchweight.....

Look at Johnson-Willard......Duran - Dejesus 3...Mcguigan - Taylor.............Both were fought in the hottest arenas possible at the hottest time!!......Stop the runner running all day/night..

The home fighter in each case being the guy it suited..........If a guy has hand problems how many times has the promoter with a vested interest in his opponent stipulated there is to be less wrap available.........

In the 80s punchers used to wear the Cleto reyes gloves If his promoter won the bids.............Conversely If the opponent was a puncher the Promoter would designate Everlast gloves.......

Promoter's have also pulled tricks like getting tough contenders in as substitutes at the last minute so they don't have as long to prepare.....

Makes you think that really there is no real fair-for-all in Boxing.........Always ways to gain an advantage...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

How many fights are really fair fights ??? Empty Re: How many fights are really fair fights ???

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 06 Feb 2014, 2:32 pm

Was it D4 that did a whole thread on Manny wearing Cleto Reyes gloves??

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

How many fights are really fair fights ??? Empty Re: How many fights are really fair fights ???

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 06 Feb 2014, 2:38 pm

I know he is still writing threads backed up by evidence from some journalist in Outer Mongolia.....

So it's all true...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu 06 Feb 2014, 9:23 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Was it D4 that did a whole thread on Manny wearing Cleto Reyes gloves??

I remember that, I spent almost a whole week trying to explain to him that different gloves don't affect puncher but do affect the impact damage.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 06 Feb 2014, 9:54 pm

They were nice gloves I used to have a pair as a kid...

Hearns used cleto's to nearly kill Duran.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down