The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What did The Rock actually do at SS??????

+3
Kay Fabe
psycho-gooner
Grant00
7 posters

Go down

What did The Rock actually do at SS?????? Empty What did The Rock actually do at SS??????

Post by Grant00 Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:11 pm

Ok so The Rock did look good last night. Amazing in ring speed for starters and nobody can make a crowd pop like he can.... But lets actually look at a 20 minute match. The Rock kicks us off with a few tried and tested arm drags sold very well by The Miz and R truth, a cheeky little inside cradle then a cpl of big right hands then we had..... well a tag to Cena. Lets just say it was then followed with 15 mins of Cena really doing what he does best and taking a beating from the other 2 guys as The Rock paced the apron looking well Rockish. Then we had the obvious hot tag and Rocky coming in to hit the tried and tested Rock Bottom and the most electrifying move in......

I am sorry i know the guy may be ring rusty, but what I saw was a guy with the inability to actually have the stamina to fight a match. It was a 20 minute match and he was in the ring for about 3 of those minutes. Was he surprised that he was back should his stamina not have been better and what we going to get at WM if he can not last more than 5 minutes in the ring.

I am no Cena fan but I read time and time again here about how he is the "5 man" move machine can somebody tell me exactly what the Rock did different last night? Arm Drag, The Smackdown, Sharpshooter, Badly executed Rock Bottom, ( 3 times!!) Then the most over sold move in sports entertainment to win. While Cena carried him with a 15 minute beat down. For me the only people to look good through all this were Miz and Truth. Actually felt sorry for Miz lying there having to sell The Peoples Elbow.

Seems to me like a bunch of guys are rather blinded by trying to relive there attitude era youth and not actually seeing that The Rock is over the hill (maybe a little harsh) and not actually capable of putting on a real match. If it had been Nash who had tagged with Cena and stood on the apron for the whole match I think these boards would have been full of guys mouthing off about a has been stealing the limelight from the new generation! Cena may not be a great technical wrestler but he sells the other guy beating him down very well and had it not been for this where would the Main Event have been. I grew up watching The Rock and was marking out when the music hit and he FINALLY came back to action but what I saw was him being carried by 3 guys who have the physical prowess to still do there thing. Yes nobody can promo like him there is no denying that but what else has he brought to the table?

More merchandise revenue for Vince with the "Team Bring It" T-Shirts !!!!

Roll on WM when we can expect well what exactly Think I may get destroyed for this rant !!! Whistle

Grant00

Back to top Go down

What did The Rock actually do at SS?????? Empty Re: What did The Rock actually do at SS??????

Post by psycho-gooner Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:24 pm

He did that fishermans suplex too heart

I do agree though we could have seen more from him but that may not have been his decision, I can't imagine Vince not wanting him to have too much ring-time to maintain some of the spotlight on Cena

psycho-gooner

Back to top Go down

What did The Rock actually do at SS?????? Empty Re: What did The Rock actually do at SS??????

Post by Grant00 Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:28 pm

Ok Ok he can be Captain 6 move.

Grant00

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:34 pm

What about the Spinebuster

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:35 pm

He did exactly what he needed to do, got in the ring showed that he still has it, screwed Cena to further the feud, got a very very hot tag, hit all his trademark spots, got the 1-2-3.

The Rock didn't need to do any more, he had the crowd in the palm of his hand and everything he did elicited a massive cheer, the crowd got to see all the trademark spots they've been missing for the past 7 1/2 years, all in all I think the majority of the crowd went home happy and I was certainally satisfied and more importantly from the WWE's perspective I am now hyped for Wrestlemania.

I think last night was a real example of less is more, if Rocky had gone out and wrestled for 20 minutes it would take a lot of gleam off the prospect of seeing the Rock properly back at Mania 28, he showed just enough to wheat the appatite and prove that anyone who pays will not be getting a 2nd rate performer.

Finally, look at the man, the guys probably in better shape than he was 8 years ago, obviously having the time to eat right and go to the gym has been good for him.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Grant00 Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:35 pm

Ouch the numbers are going up!!!!

Grant00

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:37 pm

may as well throw the DDT in there as well for good measure, you should have used the fingers on yourwanking hand as well, you might have got past five

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Grant00 Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:37 pm

Dr House you do make a very valid point. Maybe i was just peed as i really wanted to see The Rock back at his best. Still think he was carried by the younger guys though !!!!

Grant00

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:39 pm

Grant00 wrote:Dr House you do make a very valid point. Maybe i was just peed as i really wanted to see The Rock back at his best. Still think he was carried by the younger guys though !!!!

Well it's job done from the WWE's perspective then, the answer to all these questions and more are to be found by shelling £££ on Wrestlemania 28

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Grant00 Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:40 pm

Lol counted Cena's moves yet Gaffer?

Grant00

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:40 pm

DrGH is absolutely spot on, he looked great last night, he did just enough and left everyone wanting more

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:44 pm

Well the rock has been out of action for seven years and was involved in a match with three in there prime competitors, R-Truth maybe the exception to that but is still in prime physical condition, the match was always going to pan out that way! With regards to your point about rock not getting the stick that Nash would garner is probably true as Rock's past achievements give him some rope to play with in the eyes of the iwc. However you can't compare the in ring ability of cena and rock, rocky is debatably one of the most talented guys to ever compete in a wrestling ring where as cena just isn't that talented, a good worker yes and try's hard but that's about it.

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:24 am

Grant00 wrote:Cena may not be a great technical wrestler but he sells the other guy beating him down very well and had it not been for this where would the Main Event have been.

Ever heard the phrase "SuperCena"? It is the main reason why I loathe Cena so much....he nearly never sells opponents moves. As others have said, there is no way the Rock would have done anything more then what he did do. Everyone has their part to play. Miz/Truth were the fall guys obviously and were there to make the Rock look strong. Cena was there to supply the hot tag. Rock was there to go through the famous moves and get the crowd response. He will probably make a couple of Raw apperances and eliminate Cena from the Rumble, and that would be that until WM. You don't want overkill.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtic Warrior Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:21 am

My main point on this is to agree with those saying he did exactly what he was expected to.

Rock's return is all about impact. He has an intensity and aura of the explosive about him right now.

Take the RAW before SS. He walks out and without breaking stride delivers the Rock Bottom to Foley before walking right back out again.

Would there have been such an impact if Rock was in a long drawn out match? He got the tag and then wiped the floor with them in a few moves. Shows he still has the ability and intensity to cut it. Builds excitement for WM28 perfectly.

Celtic Warrior

http://officerrahl.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down