The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rock

+6
Crimey
marcellus wallace
Kay Fabe
crippledtart
Marky
KasperTheFriendlyGhost
10 posters

Go down

The Rock Empty The Rock

Post by KasperTheFriendlyGhost Thu 09 Jun 2011, 12:09 pm

Afternoon All,

Quick question - I remember in an interview before his return, The Rock said that he would come back to the WWE to do something big, that had nothing been done before (or something along those lines).

Is this yet to happen? Or have I missed it (probably because it in fact wasn't all that big)?

KasperTheFriendlyGhost

Back to top Go down

The Rock Empty Re: The Rock

Post by Marky Thu 09 Jun 2011, 12:11 pm

He guest hosted Wrestlemania.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Thu 09 Jun 2011, 12:12 pm

Host Wrestlemania, maybe?

I get the gist of what you're saying though - as good as he has been at times, it's not like he left everyone thinking "wow, Rock is blazing a new trail in wrestling history".

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 09 Jun 2011, 12:15 pm

The Main Event of WrestleMania has also never been set a year in advance

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by KasperTheFriendlyGhost Thu 09 Jun 2011, 12:17 pm

I figured that was what it might have been. Either that or setting a match up for 1 years time, meaning potentially a years worth of build up and promos - if he ever turned up.

But as you say Davies, as much as his return was pretty mark-out, the fact that Wrestlemania had a host isn't really all that amazing.

(Host by the way obviously translates to 'Someone who says hello at the start of the night, and then cuts a promo with Mae Young backstage, before watching the last match')

KasperTheFriendlyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by marcellus wallace Thu 09 Jun 2011, 8:35 pm

does anyone know for certain if he is coming back for a while after wm.if he's not i don'tsee the point in his match with cena.because it obviously points to a cena win although i'll still be glued to it regardless

marcellus wallace

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 09 Jun 2011, 9:15 pm

marcellus wallace wrote:does anyone know for certain if he is coming back for a while after wm.if he's not i don'tsee the point in his match with cena.because it obviously points to a cena win although i'll still be glued to it regardless

I think that's why it would be the perfect way to turn Cena heel, at the end of 'Mania after a huge match, have Cena beat The Rock, then it looks like they will do the whole passing of the torch, raising the arm in the air at the end, but Cena just destroys The Rock in the ring turning him heel, and The Rock is injured and out of WWE meaning it's like The Rock would have carried on if it weren't for Cena.

Obviously it has a lot of flaws as The Rock will start making movies again, and all the kiddies won't understand how he can be in the films but not wrestle again and that it wouldn't make sense why he wouldn't return to get his revenge over Cena.

EDIT: Reading back, I said it was the perfect way. Obviously not as I argued against my own point... 🤦

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by marcellus wallace Thu 09 Jun 2011, 9:23 pm

laughing
i thought that they were maybe trying it at first to see the reaction cena would get. but i dont think it would work because of all the kids. thumbsup

marcellus wallace

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 09 Jun 2011, 9:55 pm

I doubt the Rock would job then take an after match beating, I'd rather Vince would have a feud with Cena and say he hates everything about Cena and everything was so much better in Rocks day, he blames Cena for making WWE boring, then near the end of Mania Vince would come out and when Cena has Rock up for an FU he would swing a chair right off Rocks head then Cena would land the FU and get the pin, then a shocked Cena would look confused before breaking into a big grin and embracing Vince

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 09 Jun 2011, 10:01 pm

Thinking about it now, there doesn't seem to be anyway of logically ending it though just at Mania with The Rock. Whoever loses will want revenge which means another match later down the line.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 09 Jun 2011, 10:20 pm

I think if Cena walks in Champion, Rock will win it, I think he'd be up for that, plus winning the title at Mania is something he's never done

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 09 Jun 2011, 10:25 pm

So you think he's gonna carry on after 'Mania?

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 09 Jun 2011, 11:00 pm

I think it could be a real possibility that he could do a 3/4 month run, he's going to have to get ring fit again and when he does that and gets his timing back I wouldn't be surprised if he fancied another run

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammy31 Sun 12 Jun 2011, 10:12 am

Does anybody else think that the Rock came back, had a bit of publicity and then just left again?

I dont want to sound cynical, but he also came back in time a) for Wrestlemania, and b) to promote his film...Good marketing on his part?
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 12 Jun 2011, 10:17 am

Well he's definetly going to come back at some point, they have set up the match at 'Mania, there is no way they'd announce that, get everybody excited only to cancel it and have Cena face Big Show or something. Of course The Rock came back in time for 'Mania and to promote his film, it'll have been how Vince will have persuaded him to come back, but I don't think that means he's just "left again".

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun 12 Jun 2011, 10:46 am

Best moment in a long long long time when he returned back in febuary. I really really think that the rock should beat cena at the end rock puts his hand out to cena they shake hand but then cena puts him up for an FU cena turns heel !

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun 12 Jun 2011, 10:57 am

A years build up to a match which Cena has promised will be for the title has so much possability , will Cena stay champ all that time ? will the Rock help Cena stay champ until mania ? it would enable Rock to keep appearing on tv .
With regard to the match itself i cant see Rock not winning in his home town why would he come back to lose ? I can see a Rock win by outside interferance from as yet undecided wrestler , then Rock giving up the belt on the following RAW stating that was not how he wanted to win thus enabling Cena and the interfering wrestler having new fued over title and letting Rock go back to the movies and everyones happy in Vinceland.

Cena wont turn heel to much merchandise to sell to all those kids.
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by theanimal316 Sun 12 Jun 2011, 4:34 pm

If Rock hangs around after Mania, I can see a Cena heel turn. I understand the argument that the WWE can't do without Cena's merchandise sales, but if Rock was here for 1 year think how many 'Team Bring It' items they could sell now, since Rock seems to be promoting this heavily as his mantra.

theanimal316

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down