The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So who would like Graham advising their Heineken team?

+6
Sin é
beshocked
Mickado
red_stag
munkian
Pot Hale
10 posters

Go down

So who would like Graham advising their Heineken team? Empty So who would like Graham advising their Heineken team?

Post by Pot Hale Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:13 am

“If someone did want me up this end of the world, then a Heineken Cup team as an adviser does create a bit of interest. I like what I see in the competition. There is a lot of passion there, a lot of good footie. That is not for this particular season but maybe if the occasion arose it could happen next year.” Graham Henry.

So speak up. Make your special pleadings. Emote. Excite. Demonstrate why your team has that extra mana that Graham should come work with them next year.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

So who would like Graham advising their Heineken team? Empty Re: So who would like Graham advising their Heineken team?

Post by munkian Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:06 pm

I can see his advise now

'Wear black to get the vast majority of 50/50 calls by the ref. And here's one for free - get a number 7 who was born offside to disrupt the oppositions ruck and not get penalised mate.'

Very Happy Hug
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

So who would like Graham advising their Heineken team? Empty Re: So who would like Graham advising their Heineken team?

Post by red_stag Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:24 pm

Munster:

- He visited Thomond Park when they toured Ireland in 2008 and saw the atmosphere for a match.

- Munster embody the type of passion for the Heineken Cup that he talks about in his interview.

- We have no qualms about the dark arts of the breakdown or fooling a ref.

- His former team - the Auckland Blues - called on their fans to be more like Munsters. That won't have gone unnoticed.

- They are a big name team but there is a challenge there. Why go to Toulouse - nah come to Munster and get the team back to winning way.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:41 pm

Munster embody the type of passion for the Heineken Cup that he talks about in his interview

All he said was

There is a lot of passion there

Munster "embody" a "lot of passion"...

Yeah, you boys sure have the monopoly on that. Wink

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:59 pm

Turnip heads droning Munster or d4 heads droning Leinster - I say you are both about tied in the 'passion' stakes Very Happy Run
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:01 pm

munkian wrote:Turnip heads droning Munster or d4 heads droning Leinster - I say you are both about tied in the 'passion' stakes Very Happy Run

Laugh

Mick I said nothing about a monopoly. Just we have passion. More than 1 team can be passionate.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:10 pm

Mick I said nothing about a monopoly. Just we have passion. More than 1 team can be passionate.

Damn right, can't beat a bunch of Nooport clarts droning Draaaaaaaagons on wet night at Dave parade Very Happy thumbsup Wales
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:19 pm

Graham Henry should pick a team that plays in black so he'll feel right at home - Saracens,Ospreys or Toulouse.

One of Saracen's nicknames is the Men in Black afterall.

I personally think the most interesting would be if he worked with the O's. Could he turn them into a European powerhouse?

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:20 pm

beshocked wrote:I personally think the most interesting would be if he worked with the O's. Could he turn them into a European powerhouse?

Ooooh good call.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:43 pm

red_stag wrote:Munster:

- They are a big name team but there is a challenge there. Why go to Toulouse - nah come to Munster and get the team back to winning way.

You want the bloke who dropped Doug Howlett out of the 22 and then went on to crash spectacularly out of the world cup with most of the world's best players advising Munster? Shocked

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:48 pm

red_stag wrote:
munkian wrote:Turnip heads droning Munster or d4 heads droning Leinster - I say you are both about tied in the 'passion' stakes Very Happy Run

Laugh

I know yeah, just pulling your plonker.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:38 pm

Strangely enough i'd actually be happy without him.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:44 pm

yappysnap wrote:Strangely enough i'd actually be happy without him.

Ditto

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:54 pm

not my club but he could be helpful to stade français next year as they are in rebuilding phase and need some no-nonsense advise. plus he should get well with michael cheika as (I think) they have a similar approach to rugby coaching. dont think he would get on with say Laporte or Berbizier for instance.
also, a few weeks a year in Paris sounds like a good pre-retirement plan.

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by Comfort Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:26 am

The blues, to oversee and help tutor the 2 young coaches.

and imagine what he could suggest with their backline if they had just 1 flyhalf who had a decent all round game. mo1

Comfort

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down