The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New MD wedges

4 posters

Go down

New MD wedges Empty New MD wedges

Post by drive4show Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:10 pm

I've just bought a pair of new wedges, gone for the MD low bounce range in 54 and 60 degrees. Get really good write ups in all the magazine tests, I know a few people on here like their stuff so I'll post a report after trying them on the course.
These are replacing my beloved 11 year old Cleveland 588's Sad

drive4show

Back to top Go down

New MD wedges Empty Re: New MD wedges

Post by McLaren Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:05 pm

Wow you got 11 years from a 588, mine was a mess after about 2/3 seasons and the grooves had basically merged together through erosion and rust.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:21 pm

For the last couple of years I've been blading everything through the green so that has helped protect the grooves a bit I guess Whistle

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:31 pm

D4S di you go for the Norman Drew ones' have one of those as in my garage bought it last year after my Cleveland broke and was away for repair, the cleveland never went back in the bag. Fantastic club for the price and have to say I think MD are superb quality and value throughout the range.

Now I have the Adams wedges I have relegated it to the garage but happy to bring it back out if required.

Talking of wedges, my old man recently bought one of the Tad Moore Hotblade Blaster Wedges. NIce looking club at address, ugly though when you look at the back of it, meant to be designed to guarantee you to get out of the bunker every time! Have to say big quote from a company that but I had a go in the practice bunker and very easy to use in the sand indeed. Not my cup of tee though, but the other wedges in his range the Hotblade Tour look nice.

Blaster Wedges (Not my Bag)
http://www.direct-golf.co.uk/golf_wedges/hotblade/tad_moore_blaster_wedge_golf_wedges/p10356.aspx

Tour Wedges (Quite nice looking good value)
http://www.direct-golf.co.uk/golf_wedges/hotblade/tad_moore_tour_chrome_wedge_golf_wedges/p10351.aspx

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:15 am

Mav

yeah, I went for the Norman Drew low bounce ones. I play on a heathland course so it can be pretty firm underfoot, too much bounce isn't good in those conditions.

They are also the closest spec I could find to my old Cleveland 588's which have very low bounce as well. Just waiting for the new ribbed grips to arrive in the post then I'll be all set to try them at the weekend (I can't get on with round grips furious )

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffkenna Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:38 pm

drive4show- what shafts did you get in them? did you buy them stock or get a custom lie/shaft?

jeffkenna

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:09 pm

jeff

I bought them off the shelf, standard DG wedge flex shafts. About the only failing with MD stuff is they don't have any custom fit facility Sad

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffkenna Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:30 pm

Thanks. I reckon I'll be giving them a go next time I change my wedges, great reviews and an awesome price for a seemingly top quality product.

jeffkenna

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:14 pm

Well, played twice now with the new wedges and unfortunately, I've hit a lot of greens in those rounds so hardly used them! Did use the 60 degree twice out of greenside bunkers today and got up and down both times, it really does glide beautifully through the sand.
Being low bounce, the soggy conditions after yesterdays rain weren't ideal but I think in the firmer summer conditions they are going to be great.

I can highly recommend these wedges for anyone that plays on a links or firm inland course. And a steal at just £49 each!

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffkenna Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:50 pm

I'm hoping to wear ot the grooves on my current wedges as soon as possible so I can give these bad boys a go. (not that I'll be wearing the grooves out any time soon if it continue on my current trend of blading them through the green!!)

jeffkenna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down