The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christmas Gifts

+2
drive4show
beninho
6 posters

Go down

Christmas Gifts Empty Christmas Gifts

Post by beninho Wed 23 Nov 2011, 4:43 pm

For the last few years i have asked my wife for some sort of golf stuff for xmas. All off the internet. Last year a new 3 wood, before that a bag, and a driver. But it seems I am at my limit with things I need. The only thing I could think of changing is my putter, is a benross which i have had for a few years, nothing special, but I have the chance to get something pretty decent - upto £80-£100. Though i see people getting new wedges, which I have never done. I am not a great player, in fact a bit of a hacker, but I am keen. So is it worth new putter and wedges just for the sake of it?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Christmas Gifts Empty Re: Christmas Gifts

Post by drive4show Wed 23 Nov 2011, 4:55 pm

Putters are a strange thing, some people stick with the same one through thick and thin, others change everytime they 3 putt!

For the sort of money you are looking at there are some really nice Pings out there and if you don't mind 2nd hand, you'll even get some Scotty's on ebay for that kind of money.

Wedge wise, I've just bought new MD wedges, a snip at £50 each, usually come out very near the top in magazine tests.

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Thu 24 Nov 2011, 12:50 pm

Im a hacker too, but did buy 2 new wedges this year, and now carry 4 all togethor, I find that my pitching has improved, haveing a club for most lies distances 50 yards in but most importantly I can take a fuller swing on approaches to green from outside 50 yards, due to the obvious distance differences the different lofts allow, which for me only leaves the aiming to worry about.

I suppose as I cant guarentee hitting to a distance, I just cover most distances

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Thu 24 Nov 2011, 10:54 pm

Golfing Christmas gifts aye:

Well ones you can be sure that will wing their way to me as per every year are:

Golfing Socks (Because clearly us golfers don't wear normal socks Erm )
Non Logo'd golf balls (Because we all use the cheap crap found in the BHS novelty section)
Bag of plastic multi coloured tees (I have roughl 3000 of these tees in my garage never used, can't remember last time I used a plastic tee)
Novelty head cover (no doubt some bizarre animal or cuddly toy type that will join the others in my garage)

The above items are just the ones my outlaws (inlaws) will buy as they do every year despite Mrs Mav mentioning how many I have and never use but same thing every year.

The Items I want though are simple, no new clubs required I have everything in my bag I want and no need change anything.
I was going to treat myself to a new pencil bag for those occaisions when the weather means a trolley ban, but having arrived home today found Mrs Mav had been out and already treated me to one.

So all thats on my wish list is a book! Greg Normans Way of the Shark book at the recommendation from one of the guys on here!

I've purchased Mavette a Clic Gear Push trolley (managed to get a pink one), with added accessories of Umbrella and Drinks holders to aid her. Just need find her some wrapping paper to cover it now rather large box!

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary Sat 26 Nov 2011, 11:03 pm

That sounds like the perfect present for Mavette!

I tend to end up with some of the items Mav has listed. The stuff that "real" golfers don't use, but our friends/relatives think is the perfect gift! Still - I guess it is the thought that counts! Rolling Eyes
Mary
Mary

Back to top Go down

Post by No1yankee Sun 27 Nov 2011, 12:05 am

I have asked for no golf presents this year as they usually turn out to a nightmare or sometimes even worse.

No1yankee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down