The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jericho, Mania and the streak

+3
Kay Fabe
MtotheC
Liam
7 posters

Go down

Jericho, Mania and the streak Empty Jericho, Mania and the streak

Post by Liam Fri 25 Nov 2011, 5:41 pm

Evening all.

Just thought I'd share my views like many others on the possible return of Chris Jericho, and from what i'm reading, many do not want Jericho back. Perhaps i'm in the minority here, but I would happily welcome back Chris Jericho. Many of people would say "Yeh, but you just want the attitude era back". For me, that era is over. Wrestling as a business and it's performers have changed, although I would like snipets of the attitude era, bit more language and a bit of blood now and again. Anyway back to Jericho. For me I've always been a fan, good on the mic and always drew a reaction from the crowd, particularly when a heel. His in ring skills were IMO very good, and for me was a deserving 1st undisputed champion. The thing is, when he beat The Rock and Stone Cold, it wasn't a shock to me, I always thought Jericho had the ability to achieve these goals, and I honestly don't understand people's negative view of him (We all have opinions). Perhaps it's because he was poorly booked in his last stint I don't know. I would love to see him at wrestlemania and or at some point, but like most people I believe he shouldn't wrestle Punk, but maybe face him at some point before Mania. Although many of you would say if he faces him before it has to lead to Mania, and I couldn't really argue with that.

My Mania card would be:

THE ROCK VS JOHN CENA
UNDERTAKER VS RANDY ORTON (UNDERTAKER WINS AND RETIRES)
CM PUNK VS TRIPLE H (WT) (H AS FACE)
SHEAMUS (C) VS BRYAN (HEEL) VS MARK HENRY VS RHODES (WHC)
THE MIZ VS ZIGGLER (FACE, W/O VICKIE,C) US TITLE (ZIGGLER TO RETAIN)
CHRIS JERICHO (FACE) VS WADE BARRETT (WIN FOR BARRETT TO BUILD PRESTIGE)
TEAM RYDER: Ryder, Mysterio, Sin Cara, Big Show, Mason Ryan VS TEAM ALBERTO DEL RIO: Del Rio, Christian, Kane (Masked), R-Truth, Swagger

I'll be honest that was hard to fit everyone in, and I know not everyone will agree with the choices but that's what I would like to see, be some very entertaining and interesting matches.

[i]

Liam

Back to top Go down

Jericho, Mania and the streak Empty Re: Jericho, Mania and the streak

Post by MtotheC Fri 25 Nov 2011, 5:46 pm

I for one would welcome Jericho back with open arms, having someone of his abilities would only enhance the wwe product

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 25 Nov 2011, 6:59 pm

My downer on Jericho isn't about his abilities in the ring on the mic or in his character, it's more to do with him becoming more of a yes man for Vince McMahon and a WWE apologist, very much the same way I feel about Jim Ross, it's obvious their opinions aren't 100% genuine and heavily influenced by how WWE perceive them.

I also feel that Chris Jericho while being great at times has a very over inflated opinion of himself, he seems to be angling to potentially get himself a match at WrestleMania XXVIII against CM Punk, Punk could have done with Jericho putting him over for the previous two WrestleMania's or at any time over the course of his last run on a big stage (i.e SummeSlam) but now Punk is on course to be the top guy in the business Jericho wants to be associated with him and frankly a win over Jericho at WrestlMania wouldn't do Punk much good for me Jericho has just never been in that top bracket of guys who just ooze A lister

I also don't think Jericho should have been the first Undisputed Champion, mainly because I think the WWF made a complete mess of the timing of it, I've no problem with him actually becoming a WWE Undisputed Champion I just feel that he shouldn't have been first.

I'm a bit down on Jericho just now because he seems to have the Eric Bischoff syndrome and likes to talk to fans like he knows best and they're idiot's but he's supremely talented and I've no doubt when he comes back I'll be happy to get him back involved with stories again, I just hope his character has a new dynamic to it, the first year of his heel turn last time around was excellent but the second year was boring and felt jaded

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Fri 25 Nov 2011, 10:22 pm

I agree 100% with gaffer, every word.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by whatwindturbine Mon 28 Nov 2011, 10:06 pm

the-gaffer wrote:I'm a bit down on Jericho just now because he seems to have the Eric Bischoff syndrome and likes to talk to fans like he knows best and they're idiot's

Mmm sounds familiar... Wink

I confess to being a huge Jericho mark, and have to admit that I would love a return leading up to Mania. Although I agree the end of his previous run was a little weak (JTG? Bourne? Really?) he is still one of the biggest names in wrestling with good reason. If the announcing team can't build the idea of someone going over the first Undisputed Champion in WWF/E History they shouldn't be there.

The only beef I have is if the vignette that aired is a Jericho return, for someone who has always been a master manipultaor this is too much like his previous debuts/returns. The Y2J clock, and the Y2J code in '05.... I'd have liked to see something more subtle, maybe turns of phrase from the commentators, references from other wrestlers, twitter hints...

I agree CM Punk should be right at the top of the card. Ideally against one of the biggest names going - a HHH or Taker to cement himself as the new generation. I agree Punk/Jericho isn't the logical choice. But WWE could do a lot worse. Look at the mixed diva matchup this year, are you saying Ziggler wasn't completely wasted in that? Ideally, I'd love Barrett going over Jericho - but the storyline for Punk/Jericho writes itself. And it would be an AMAZING match to watch.

whatwindturbine

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Mon 28 Nov 2011, 10:13 pm

Y2J returning as a face for a feud with either Cody or Dolph for the mid card titles before re-establishing himself into the World title hunt for one of them to then join him.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 28 Nov 2011, 10:21 pm

I think the WWE is in need of fresh ready to go main eventers to be honest, I think any Jericho return would need to be treated like a major comeback and a fued with Rhodes or Ziggler wouldn't do it justice, I've no problem with Jericho endorsing either of them but I think it'd need to be after his big return feud

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by whatwindturbine Mon 28 Nov 2011, 11:03 pm

Who would you have his return fued with Gaffer? He fueded with Orton on his previous return, and a lot of the other big names will be busy - Cena with Rock, can't see Del Rio staying in the main event, and is Mark Henry a big fued for anyone??!? The only other big name really is CM Punk, but long term I see him re-entering a fued with HHH. And as you said that fued wouldn't exactly elevate Punk.

whatwindturbine

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 28 Nov 2011, 11:11 pm

I think he's back for Taker at WrestleMania

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by whatwindturbine Mon 28 Nov 2011, 11:35 pm

Do you think he'd have matches leading up to Mania? I'm not sure I'd see him doing the HHH thing from last year,when he came out, destroyed Sheamus then did some crotch chops at 'Taker. Shawn came out for some interviews, but there was little physicality from HHH, yet is was still enough of a build for the match. I'm not sure I can see Jericho being able to do that, as undeniably great as he is on the Mic. He'd have to beat some believable people on his return to set up a 'Taker match. Who would that be?

whatwindturbine

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 29 Nov 2011, 1:32 am

Yeah I think if he comes back to face The Undertaker at WrestleMania he'll have loads of matches but think the back and front of it will be his feud with Taker leading to WrestleMania, I'm not sure his matches will be high profile, just big enough to keep winning, he then has the Rumble to focus on as well as the Elimination Chamber after that so a feud wouldn't need to be automatic, I could see Taker coming back at Elimination Chamber and costing Jericho the title and saying it's revenge for 2 years ago where he capitalised on HBK super kicking Taker and took his title

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Tue 29 Nov 2011, 9:10 am

If he does come back and doesn't take on CM Punk for the best in the world gimmick, what gimmick do you think he should come back as gaffer?

Could he not come back and say he has done everything in wrestling and the streak is the only thing left to take?

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by whatwindturbine Tue 29 Nov 2011, 11:13 am

The trouble is gaffer, who do you have him fight in those couple of months building up to the match? The choice is either squashing lower mid-carders, in which case is beating Primo, Alex Riley and Swagger truly going to make him a threat to the streak, or going over people like Rhodes, Ziggler and Barrett on the way. Do they deserve that from someone who has just returned?

xTwisTx, I'd like him to come back in a crafty Edge-style heel role, which could be highlighted in the Rumble or Elimination Chamber without him actually winning. What do you think?

whatwindturbine

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 29 Nov 2011, 11:46 am

I seen the latest 'itbegins' video

The child's quote was something like 'a thief in the night stole what is rightfully his' so that could mean the best in the World gimmick.

If he does face Taker he really doesn't need a feud before then, he can return and say his desire is to win the Rumble and go to Mania, that's his focus, after that his focus can move on to winning the Title or the #1 spot at Elimination Chamber

If he returns as a heel he can have matches where he could go over comfortably without hurting anyone, guys like Kofi, Mason Ryan, Evan Bourne, Alex Riley, Justin Gabriel, Santino Marella and possibly R-Truth (if he returns as a face) all the while having a TV promo War with CM Punk

If he returns as a face he could face guys like Jack Swagger, Drew McIntyre, Heath Slater, Hunico, Epico, Primo, R-Truth (if he remains a heel) and Del Rio all the while having a Promo War with someone like The Miz

There is plenty of options either way

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down