The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Streak

+27
Luke
Sara
Ent
DDT
KasperTheFriendlyGhost
Mr H
Dr Gregory House MD
DonIffy
The General
NickisBHAFC
randy-poffo
MtotheC
crippledtart
Jammy31
psycho-gooner
Stonee21
AberdeenSteve
VoiceOfTheVoiceless
liverbnz
TwisT
hodge
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
Kay Fabe
talkingpoint
Shot 21 LCFC
bretmeharty
Alves
31 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Streak Empty The Streak

Post by Alves Fri 03 Feb 2012, 2:15 pm

Next year at WM why not have the Undertaker come to the ring and offer an open challenge to anyone out the back who is willing to take him on..

Then you have someone that no body has ever heard of in WWE a newbie come and take the streak and then you have got some elevated to main event level for ever, You could say he doesn't deserve to take the streak but you could use this person as a new Undertaker character and then he could have his own streak and WWE have a new star in the making which is totally fresh.

Just a pipe dream

Alves

Back to top Go down

The Streak Empty Re: The Streak

Post by bretmeharty Fri 03 Feb 2012, 2:21 pm

Try cracked up smoked pipe dream. Nice idea tho Laugh

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Fri 03 Feb 2012, 2:45 pm

The only way I can see this working is if, when The Undertaker offers the challenge we then hear "Somebody call my mama!!"

That would be epic...

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Fri 03 Feb 2012, 2:47 pm

I would bring someone up from FCW and make them out to be the next best thing - have them unify the IC & US titles and give them an undefeated streak for several months say from SummerSlam to the Rumble where they are entered into the Rumble match with the intention of main eventing WM and get into the last 4. Then have Taker return at the Rumble as entrant No. 30 and eliminate them. Out of revenge they challenge Taker to a match at Mania. Taker refuses the challenge initially thinking it beneath him. Taker challenges someone else - say Orton to a match at Mania but the new guy objects and arranges it with Teddy Long so that at the EC there is a challenger eliminator to Taker's streak, in which he beats Orton. Taker has no option but to begrudgingly accept the challenge. As the weeks lead up to Mania vignettes are shown of the new guy's accomplishments including most recently Orton with the angle that Taker is actually genuinely worried about his youth, athleticism, strength and accomplishments in his debut year in the WWE. The new guy mocks Taker saying that he is running scared and that he will make the 'Phenom' look positively ordinary come Mania.

Mania comes around and Taker has one last 5* match with the new guy but finally succumbs for the pin, his streak broken!

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 03 Feb 2012, 2:47 pm

Hogan should take it

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Fri 03 Feb 2012, 2:51 pm

The Big Show should be the man to take it. And Im sure this whole board would agree. I know he gets a lot of love here...

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 03 Feb 2012, 2:53 pm

Khaki woulf be a great way to go with it

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Alves Fri 03 Feb 2012, 2:57 pm

Just seems the best way rather than give it to Orton or Cena or HHH or a list of names

Alves

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Fri 03 Feb 2012, 2:57 pm

There's only one man with the grapefruits to beat Taker.

The Genetic Jackhammer

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Fri 03 Feb 2012, 2:57 pm

The open challenge idea would be interesting, have Taker announce after the rumble on Raw that he is looking for a fresh challenge so announces the open challenge, then on the road to mania you have several people look as though they will be the ones accepting the challenge then backing off. Leading up to Mania where Taker doesn't have a scheduled opponent and it will be revealed on the night IF Taker will even have a match. At mania have Taker head to the ring first (a first in itself for the last 6 years or so at least?) and stand in the middle of the ring with it looking like no one will answer the challenge at which point for arguements sake Orton/Jericho walks out and gives Taker his Mania match. The opponent would be in say the MITB match so would have Taker's match before MITB and then have a replacement in the MITB, if say Seth Rollins hasn't debuted by this point you could have them debut and either come close or actually win MITB to give them that push described in the OP.

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Fri 03 Feb 2012, 3:00 pm

Whoevers take it would make an "I didn't see that coming" moment.

No-one bets against the Undertaker at Mania these days, that is why the streak has got stale. If someone has to take it, then it HAS to be used to set that person up for a push. What good would it do HHH (apart from his ego) if he took it?

Nah.......I think the streak won't be broken.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 03 Feb 2012, 3:01 pm

Anyone got Duke the Dumpster's phone number?

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Fri 03 Feb 2012, 3:02 pm

I'd let a gay person do it

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Fri 03 Feb 2012, 3:05 pm

I wouldn't say the streak has got stale, although last year's match was seriously overrated. Even still, there was some chance that HHH would have taken the streak, both from a kayfabe and political point of view.

Neither will The Undertaker ever have an on the hoof match at mania. The booking is important in order to make him look possibly beatable.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Fri 03 Feb 2012, 3:07 pm

I think wwe have missed the boat it's at least 2 or 3 years too late for the undertaker to offer an open challenge. I would of believed it then but now I couldn't.

He should get to his 20-0 then let in rest (in peace) after that.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Fri 03 Feb 2012, 3:26 pm

There are only 4 concievable guys left in the WWE that are threats to Taker.

Cena - main guy in the company, face of the company Vs the phenom.

Jericho - barring the rumble theres nothing else he hasn't done in the WWE, Taker could cost Jericho the rumble and as a result Jericho is determined to take the streak.

Punk - Punk's pipebomb about it being Taker behind the scenes who cost him his WHC for not dressing right etc, destroys a bit of Taker's character but have Punk determined to destroy the myth that is the undertaker.

Orton - The defeat to Taker has been eating away at him for 8 years as the one thing he hasn't been able to in his career. Like how Triple H taking the title off him after evolution eat away at him until WM25...well backlash. He's become 10 time world champion but not defeated Taker at WM and therefore wants another crack.

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by VoiceOfTheVoiceless Fri 03 Feb 2012, 5:22 pm

They should of let Orton take it all them years ago, they've left it too late now...i say they just make it 20-0 and cash in on the DVD sales and have done with it

VoiceOfTheVoiceless

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Fri 03 Feb 2012, 6:09 pm

but didn't Orton turn it down?

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Fri 03 Feb 2012, 6:10 pm

talkingpoint wrote:I would bring someone up from FCW and make them out to be the next best thing - have them unify the IC & US titles and give them an undefeated streak for several months say from SummerSlam to the Rumble where they are entered into the Rumble match with the intention of main eventing WM and get into the last 4. Then have Taker return at the Rumble as entrant No. 30 and eliminate them. Out of revenge they challenge Taker to a match at Mania. Taker refuses the challenge initially thinking it beneath him. Taker challenges someone else - say Orton to a match at Mania but the new guy objects and arranges it with Teddy Long so that at the EC there is a challenger eliminator to Taker's streak, in which he beats Orton. Taker has no option but to begrudgingly accept the challenge. As the weeks lead up to Mania vignettes are shown of the new guy's accomplishments including most recently Orton with the angle that Taker is actually genuinely worried about his youth, athleticism, strength and accomplishments in his debut year in the WWE. The new guy mocks Taker saying that he is running scared and that he will make the 'Phenom' look positively ordinary come Mania.

Mania comes around and Taker has one last 5* match with the new guy but finally succumbs for the pin, his streak broken!

Moxley or Rollins FTW Very Happy

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 03 Feb 2012, 7:04 pm

Undertaker doesn't have 5* matches, people have 5* matches with him

I'd also say that Chris Jericho is as likely to be considered a genuine threat to the streak as Heath Slater

Jericho just isn't in that bracket Cena, Punk and Orton is in, Punk needs to get the WWE machine behind him too or he'll go the way of Y2J too

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonee21 Fri 03 Feb 2012, 7:13 pm

The problem with Jericho isn't really not being backed though gaffer and more to do with the fact that he has been too willing in the past to job to people who simply were not worth jobbing to.

HBK is a good case in point of how to job and still be seen as a guy who could legitimately win. On his second run he jobbed a fair bit but it was only really to upper mids who could make the main event or to people already at the main event where as Jericho jobbed to anyone he was asked too and whilst that makes him a great company guy for Vince it also takes away a lot of his credibility and believability of being the "Best in the world"

Stonee21

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 03 Feb 2012, 7:32 pm

That's true but I'm talking about back in 2002, that was the time Jericho should have been cemented as a main event player, by the time he was jobbing from everyone from JTG to Evan Bourne through 09 & 10 his chance to be in thast level 1 catagory was well and truly long gone

If you go through every main event feud Chris Jericho has ever had you'll be hard pushed to find one that portrayed Jericho as the number one player

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho-gooner Fri 03 Feb 2012, 7:52 pm

IMO the streak should never be broken. The likes of Cena/Orton/HHH/Punk/Jericho don't need it.

The idea of giving it to a new up and coming heel will not work either because 99 times out of 100 the WWE will mess it up and have him squashed by HHH/Cena/Orton. I'm sure we could all think of angles in the past few years involving new wrestlers that WWE have messed up on. furious

psycho-gooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 03 Feb 2012, 7:57 pm

Just because someone doesn't need it doesn't mean it shouldn't happen, the carnage that would unfold in the aftermath of John Cena ending the streak via a heel turn would get him "80s heat" for years, fans would want him dead and IMO opay through the nose to see Cena get his ass handed to him all over the World

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammy31 Fri 03 Feb 2012, 10:03 pm

Could this be the time that Heath Slater wins the bet?
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 03 Feb 2012, 10:25 pm

You'll know when Heaths about to win the bet, he'll fly to the ring on a pig

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammy31 Fri 03 Feb 2012, 10:26 pm

the-gaffer wrote:You'll know when Heaths about to win the bet, he'll fly to the ring on a pig

Hahaha! I just thought I'd throw it out there to add another dimension to the debate
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Fri 03 Feb 2012, 11:32 pm

It's not really a storyline becoming of The Undertaker, and the streak, which are both major WM draws. It's kind of a midcard angle.

I'm not a fan of Undertaker, at all, but from a business perspective I think it would be a good move.

A lot of people buy Wrestlemania to see if the streak can be broken; I think in general they would want to know who the challenger is and see the match built up in the weeks beforehand. I think that, although it may sound contradictory, there would be more anticipation to see Wrestler X attempt to end the streak than to find out who Wrestler X is.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Sat 04 Feb 2012, 12:10 am

way I would see it is all main eventers would be booked in fueds or matches for mania, with Taker's last matches all having been main eventers since Batista there would be big curiosity about who he would be facing.

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Sat 04 Feb 2012, 9:46 am

the-gaffer wrote:You'll know when Heaths about to win the bet, he'll fly to the ring on a pig

Lmao, i seriously laughed out loud when I read that gaff.

The streak will never be broken, there's a massive argument to say that the torch should be passed and A younger talent cemented and put over and it's and argument that I agree with to a certain extent however I just can't see it happening.

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 04 Feb 2012, 10:20 am

I'm of the opinion that it will be broken, there is no logic or basis to it, I just feel that hopefully Vince and Taker would be of the opinion that there is no benefit to the WWE of it disappearing intact with Undertaker

I think the bigger picture has to be looked at in this instance and there is absolutely no money to be made off just letting it fade away, after the 20-0 DVD I'm sure they'll start looking at it with a view on how to end it

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by randy-poffo Sat 04 Feb 2012, 10:41 am

Spot on Gaff the streak has to be broken at one point, and like you said earlier a Cena heel turn could be the best way to do it. The heat he would get would be similair to Hogans at bash at the beach. And it could give wrestling a kick up the arse it needs.

randy-poffo

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Sat 04 Feb 2012, 10:48 am

MtotheC wrote:

Lmao, i seriously laughed out loud when I read that gaff.

The streak will never be broken, there's a massive argument to say that the torch should be passed and A younger talent cemented and put over and it's and argument that I agree with to a certain extent however I just can't see it happening.

What's Taker on at the moment? 18?

So by time he gets to 20 and the 21st defence - 3 years away, Heath might well be big enough to take it. Its not inconceivable.

(I genuinely don't know what score Taker is on, so if it's 19 then its probably just beyond Heath's reach)

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sat 04 Feb 2012, 12:43 pm

Taker is on 19-0. I would love to see him face a true legend tbh in Hogan, The Rock or even Stone Could. They should take the streak

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by The General Sat 04 Feb 2012, 1:33 pm

The Streak should definitely stay. Last match has to be Cena for a new unified title followed by a dignified retirement. His legacy deserves nothing less.

The General

Back to top Go down

Post by DonIffy Sat 04 Feb 2012, 6:17 pm

No one should beat the streak in my view. It would just be a waste if they did lose it.

DonIffy

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Sun 05 Feb 2012, 11:46 pm

The streak will NEVER be broken.

Never.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun 05 Feb 2012, 11:49 pm

I think it will, I've always thought it will go eventually, there is just no logic to keeping it intact

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Sun 05 Feb 2012, 11:55 pm

I've said it a few times, I though Orton should have been the challanger to the Streak this year, Orton has proved that he could help taker to a match befitting what the streak has become, he is a big enough star, he has history with taker and as he is on smackdown, aside it from being traditionally takers home brand it is also in danger of being overshadowed without the massive matches that raw is assembling and also (conversly to what I just said) has a great deal of young talent that could assemble a world title match without Orton muscling in which he inevitably will now

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun 05 Feb 2012, 11:59 pm

I agree, Orton would have been my pick for Taker too, it also fits into guys getting second bites at the streak, it coud have left it open for Batista next year if no-one else is available

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Mon 06 Feb 2012, 1:51 pm

It wouldnt suprise me if HHH actually ended it this year. Infact, i want him to.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Mon 06 Feb 2012, 1:52 pm

It would be brilliant if they gave it to Brodus Clay, in a similar squash match to the ones he is doing on Raw, where Taker doesn't even get an entrance

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Mon 06 Feb 2012, 2:01 pm

the-gaffer wrote:Undertaker doesn't have 5* matches, people have 5* matches with him

Don't agree with that. He's been in the MOTY candidate in nearly every year for the past 8/9 and that's not just to do with his opponents. He's had some great opponents, like HBK and Kurt Angle, but other wooden ones like Batista. How many other 5* matches has Batista had? HBK, Angle, Batista, Edge, HHH, etc could all argue they've had their career best singles matches against The Undertaker. I would argue that he makes others bring their A game.

Last edited by liverbnz on Mon 06 Feb 2012, 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Mon 06 Feb 2012, 2:03 pm

Mr H wrote:It wouldnt suprise me if HHH actually ended it this year. Infact, i want him to.

Electric Demon wrote:It would be brilliant if they gave it to Brodus Clay, in a similar squash match to the ones he is doing on Raw, where Taker doesn't even get an entrance

I can see the smarts diving for the keyboard now! All hell would break loose.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Mon 06 Feb 2012, 4:17 pm

I certainly do not want to see another undertaker/HHH match, but I am happy to see where it goes. I will say this tho it will have to be a dam good build up and story to get me even slightly interested.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by KasperTheFriendlyGhost Mon 06 Feb 2012, 4:20 pm

I would only be remotely interested in HHH-Taker if HHH had some form of help, either HBK in a 2 on 1, or a lumberjack match with all other people who have fallen victim to the streak ending in a similar way to Yokozuna-Taker Casket Match (with one small change, being that Taker still won!)

KasperTheFriendlyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Mon 06 Feb 2012, 6:46 pm

I will repeat what I have said in previous threads: If the streak is ever broken I will eat my own excrement live on webcam (I believe Mr H has also volunteered to assist me with the eating). That is how confident I am.

I promise, no I guaran-dam-tee that the streak will never be broken.

NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 06 Feb 2012, 7:49 pm

liverbnz wrote:
the-gaffer wrote:Undertaker doesn't have 5* matches, people have 5* matches with him

Don't agree with that. He's been in the MOTY candidate in nearly every year for the past 8/9 and that's not just to do with his opponents. He's had some great opponents, like HBK and Kurt Angle, but other wooden ones like Batista. How many other 5* matches has Batista had? HBK, Angle, Batista, Edge, HHH, etc could all argue they've had their career best singles matches against The Undertaker. I would argue that he makes others bring their A game.

He has MOTY candidates because he is one of the very few who are always afforded time, when you break down his matches very few are really that good but because they go 20+ minutes and when associate a lengthy match with good ones, more often than not he's just had a decent match only it's been given time to develop organically rather than rushed

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Tue 07 Feb 2012, 9:23 am

Wouldn't disagree with you there gaffer, I just wouldn't put it all down to his opponents.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Tue 07 Feb 2012, 10:42 am

If the streak is to end it wont be this year, as much as i want it to be.

If it ends it will be the final match on the card, and it wont be the final match on the card this year, Rock/Cena will be.

They wouldnt end the streak then say to Rock & Cena 'right, go out there and follow that'.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next