The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Streak

+27
Luke
Sara
Ent
DDT
KasperTheFriendlyGhost
Mr H
Dr Gregory House MD
DonIffy
The General
NickisBHAFC
randy-poffo
MtotheC
crippledtart
Jammy31
psycho-gooner
Stonee21
AberdeenSteve
VoiceOfTheVoiceless
liverbnz
TwisT
hodge
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
Kay Fabe
talkingpoint
Shot 21 LCFC
bretmeharty
Alves
31 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Streak - Page 2 Empty The Streak

Post by Alves Fri 03 Feb 2012, 2:15 pm

First topic message reminder :

Next year at WM why not have the Undertaker come to the ring and offer an open challenge to anyone out the back who is willing to take him on..

Then you have someone that no body has ever heard of in WWE a newbie come and take the streak and then you have got some elevated to main event level for ever, You could say he doesn't deserve to take the streak but you could use this person as a new Undertaker character and then he could have his own streak and WWE have a new star in the making which is totally fresh.

Just a pipe dream

Alves

Back to top Go down

The Streak - Page 2 Empty Re: The Streak

Post by DDT Tue 07 Feb 2012, 11:02 am

Not realy sure I'd be for that idea, if the streak is to go then it has to be to someone already established. I do like the open challenge idea though, or a mystery opponent. They could bring back a massive name like Goldberg or Lesnar, to end it.

I still believe though that Undertaker will call it a day, after this years Mania.

DDT

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Tue 07 Feb 2012, 11:58 am

Should have been a heel cena vs undertaker in his last match for 20-0, just unfortunate it didn't work out that way.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammy31 Tue 07 Feb 2012, 4:13 pm

Surely Taker can't keep going after 20-0? I know that the streak is one of the main pulls of Wrestlemania, but if Taker can't walk out of the arena after this match, then surely it has to be Game Over?
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Tue 07 Feb 2012, 4:17 pm

I think it would be nice to end on 20. He can still win - just finish after, I do worry that he will really hurt himself especially with the dive over the top rope.

Sara

http://www.twitter.com/SaraLouP

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 07 Feb 2012, 4:57 pm

He's not done that top rope dive the last couple of years has he? Don't think he's done it since he nearly killed himself doing it at WM25

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Tue 07 Feb 2012, 5:21 pm

How can it be believable that the guy with the most Wrestlemania losses of all time (HHH) can beat the guy with the most Wrestlemania wins of all time. Going over Triple H at Wrestlemania isnt a big deal, he's the biggest Mania jobber of all time.

Shawn Michaels will be guest ref - i guarantee it. The match needs it, because its all too predictable otherwise.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 07 Feb 2012, 5:45 pm

Nash can be guest ring announcer and Kid can be guest time keeper and Razor can be guest commentator

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Tue 07 Feb 2012, 6:38 pm

I do think that the streak will be broken, and once it goes so will the Undertaker into retirement. Though not sure who i want to break it, Sheamus maybe!

One thing is for sure, it won't be this year. WWE have invested to much in the Rock/Cena match to have the outcome, or what happens in the match overshadowed by the ending of the streak. They want fans leaving talking/remembering that match, so they're not going to overshadow it with anything i imagine.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by DDT Tue 07 Feb 2012, 7:53 pm

I'd assume that HHH has competed in more Mainia's than most though, and a large majority of those matches have been main events. So regardless of how many he's lost, it's a massive compliment to him, that he has been involved in so many. I would have thought myself that HBK had lost more Mania matches than HHH though.

I realy hope the streak does go at some point, and I wouldn't mind HHH being the guy to do it, one of the best and most emotional mania matches for me was Ric Flair and HBK, with Flair looking in a sorry state, begging Micheals to finish him off with the super kick. They could have a similar thing with the Undertaker and HHH, and have the Undertaker in a sorry state, and HHH finishes him off with a sledgehammer.

The only problem with HHH taking it, is that he is close to retirement also, so he won't be around to boast about how he was the man who ended the streak, but I just don't realy rate any of the younger guys highly enough, to give them the bragging rights, of ending the streak.

DDT

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 07 Feb 2012, 8:06 pm

If Triple H ended the streak, I think wrestling forums across the internet would go into meltdown.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Tue 07 Feb 2012, 11:45 pm

If the streak has to end then it must be for good reason. I can't see any for HHH taking it. Then again I don't see any reason for them to have another match at mania.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by VoiceOfTheVoiceless Wed 08 Feb 2012, 12:12 am

I wonder if when there going to stop pretending that last year was the first time they faced each other....there blatently ignoring WM17 it ridiculous....really don't want to see Taker v HHH part....I don't want to see Taker v anyone to be honest, the streak will not break...will never break....hopefully they leave it at 20 - 0 and stop clinging onto it as a headliner and concentrate on the future stars of the business.

VoiceOfTheVoiceless

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 08 Feb 2012, 12:34 am

If they wanted to concentrate on the future of the business then Sheamus will go over him next yeár

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by DDT Wed 08 Feb 2012, 2:48 am

I dont see what's wrong with HHH breaking it, is there anyone more credible in wrestling at the moment, he's a 12 time Champ, and has been portrayed throughout his career as one of the most ruthless wrestlers of all time.

DDT

Back to top Go down

Post by 101% Wed 08 Feb 2012, 8:39 am

I was trying to think last night, other than his match with HHH what was Takers last match before that?
Was it when Kane buried him the the help of Nexus?

101%

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Wed 08 Feb 2012, 1:12 pm

Yes. And to VoiceOfTheVoiceless: The Raw after last years WM Triple H did mention WM17. He said something along the lines of "many people have tried to end the streak, I myself even had a go before but this was the closest anyones got"

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammy31 Thu 09 Feb 2012, 7:32 pm

What would be the safest and most viable option though?
Taker goes 20-0 and retires or Taker goes 20-0 this year, then 20-1 next year then retires?
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark_Seven Fri 10 Feb 2012, 12:14 pm

A few people on this thread are saying that it's just not believable for Triple H to beat the Undertaker after giving it everything last time and still coming up short. Having him turn heel for this match still probably wouldn't change a lot of your opinions as he's done that too at mania 17.

But if Triple H were to be heel, and to add a new dimension to it, could he not conceivably use his position as COO of the WWE to stack the deck in his favour.

He could install shawn michaels as special guest ref (I know it's been said a few times that this would turn him heel and he wouldn't want that, but for argument's sake go with it).

He would have the power to pick the stipulation - whatever suits him. I've just finished reading Foley's first book (best book I've read btw) and he talks about his Dude Love match against Stone Cold where Vince kept changing the rules during the match to try and screw austin, which is what made me think of this.

That said I wouldn't be a big fan of him changing the rules during the match as it would be a bit cheap for a big match like the Streak.

He could have lumberjacks or call other heels out to help. The possibilities are endless and it would give the impression that the streak was in serious danger again - and add more fuel to HHH's fire for trying to end the streak that way.

Now with Rock and Cena surely on last and the WWE title match (probably Punk-Jericho) to fit in too, this match would be on second or third to last so wouldn't be the time to end the streak. Therefore you could have something like HBK feel bad as he sees a beaten 'Taker doing a Ric Flair - stumbling to his feet, fists up, waiting to be finished - and he super kicks Triple H instead. Taker retains, heel boss Triple H (return to mcmahon-helmsley regime style character) is legitimised as he didn't lose clean and Shawn leaves as a face again.

Would something like that reignite your interest in the streak match and give it a different angle to the straight one-on-one respect feud, or would it cheapen what is a big annual Wrestlemania match?

Mark_Seven

Back to top Go down

Post by DDT Fri 10 Feb 2012, 1:44 pm

The problem with that is, you would need to have a HHH/HBK feud afterwards and HBKs retired.

DDT

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Fri 10 Feb 2012, 2:47 pm

You could just have HHH banning HBK from appearing on WWE in a rage, or even demanding that Shawn comes back to face the music and he refuses saying that he has proved everything he needs to. This could drive HHH into a rage which he takes out on whichever face they want to pair him against.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2