The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who will be behind the Hayemaker!?

+47
talkingpickle
monzon
spencerclarke
HumanWindmill
superflyweight
TRUSSMAN66
Seanusarrilius
joeyjojo618
sodhat
Knowsit17
zx1234
jimdig
azania
rycoys
Nico the gman
Mind the windows Tino.
coxy0001
JDandfries
BoxingFan88
oxring
Super D Boon
TopHat24/7
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
ShahenshahG
OasisBFC
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
Sugar Boy Sweetie
bhb001
Valero's Conscience
Eyetoldyouso
Mr Bounce
The genius of PBF
captain carrantuohil
KingMonkey
fearlessBamber
The Galveston Giant
manos de piedra
paperbag_puncher
88Chris05
huw
tommyhearnsprodigalson
Union Cane
Scottrf
AlexHuckerby
Rowley
Fists of Fury
Waingro
51 posters

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Who will you be cheering?

Who will be behind the Hayemaker!? Vote_lcap59%Who will be behind the Hayemaker!? Vote_rcap 59% 
[ 47 ]
Who will be behind the Hayemaker!? Vote_lcap41%Who will be behind the Hayemaker!? Vote_rcap 41% 
[ 33 ]

Total Votes : 80

Who will be behind the Hayemaker!? Empty Who will be behind the Hayemaker!?

Post by Waingro Tue 29 Nov 2011, 9:26 am

I said before that it would be a shame if Haye retired he still has so much to offer. Now it looks like Haye is back! Who will be behind him? I cant wait for this fight with Vitali I will be firmly supporting Haye. I think the British public should get behind him again we want a British heavyweight world champion dont we!? Haye will have learned from his last fight make no mistake about that and we all know he has the tools to beat Vitali who is old and slow now and far too easy to hit. My prediction? Haye to KO Vitali in round 6! Too much speed and power for Vitali and too much skill. I think Haye will bring an end to the Klichkos reign. Dont get me wrong, the Klichkos have been good champs but they are boring and have been ruining heavyweight boxing for far too long. Vitali should have stayed retired and let Wlad unify and Wlad should have retired after that the division would be so much better and the Klichkos reputation would be better. But I truly believe Haye is the man to do this now he is the most exciting heavyweight out there and has the charisma to get people back interested in boxing. I hope the British public and media realise this everyone deserves another chance and Haye deserves MASSIVE credit for coming back to take such a challenging fight. So in March who will you be supporting?? Will you be getting behind the Hayemaker again??

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Who will be behind the Hayemaker!? Empty Re: Who will be behind the Hayemaker!?

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 29 Nov 2011, 9:28 am

Yep, rightly or wrongly I'll back him, should the fight go ahead.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 29 Nov 2011, 9:33 am

So much I could take issue with in your post Waingro, but will leave it as the oft repeated claim Haye is the most exciting heavyweight out there. Has had five fights since he moved to the division, three in Harrison, Valuev and Wlad were as dull a heavyweight match as you would ever have the misfortune to watch and the other two which were vaguely exciting were against woefully over matched guys. Just because someone constantly tells us they are exciting does not make it so.

P.S I will be cheering Vitali on, the sooner someone knocks the graceless charlatan into retirement the better.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 29 Nov 2011, 9:36 am

Harsh, Jeffrey. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt (like I say, rightly or wrongly), and still would love him to win.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Tue 29 Nov 2011, 9:37 am

Fists of Fury wrote:Yep, rightly or wrongly I'll back him, should the fight go ahead.

That is the spirit! We should get behind Haye and the public and media should show their support. We should want a British heavyweight world champion!

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 29 Nov 2011, 9:37 am

Will be behind Haye all the way, sorry but my nationalistic support puts me in denial about Haye's other boring fights and broken promises. Can Haye win, um, I guess he has a chance...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 29 Nov 2011, 9:38 am

Won't affect me too much either way.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 29 Nov 2011, 9:38 am

Don't like the man Fists, am not going to ignore that because he was born on the same lump of planet as me. Also quite like both the brothers, carry themselves with a bit of dignity and class.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 29 Nov 2011, 9:39 am

rowley wrote:Don't like the man Fists, am not going to ignore that because he was born on the same lump of planet as me. Also quite like both the brothers, carry themselves with a bit of dignity and class.
Vitali is a drugs cheat though.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 29 Nov 2011, 9:39 am

rowley wrote:Don't like the man Fists, am not going to ignore that because he was born on the same lump of planet as me. Also quite like both the brothers, carry themselves with a bit of dignity and class.

you're such a "Klichko" nut hugger Rowley!!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 29 Nov 2011, 9:40 am

Scottrf wrote:

Was and am unaware of that, any details?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 29 Nov 2011, 9:42 am

rowley wrote:
Scottrf wrote:

Was and am unaware of that, any details?
Thrown of the Ukrain amateur team for steroid abuse.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 29 Nov 2011, 9:43 am

Agree with Jeff, it takes more than a Union Jack on the shorts for me to automatically get behind a British fighter.

If, and it is a very big if, Haye has learned his lesson and keeps quiet before the fight and then goes out and gives a performance, win or lose, then he will deserve credit, but once he (as I suspect) starts mouthing off about how the Wlad fight didn't count due to the injury, and how he has the gameplan to take Vitali apart, and all that same old crud, he will just make himself look more foolish in my eyes.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 29 Nov 2011, 9:44 am

You live and learn Scott, most disappointing, still want him to smack the clown into retirement though.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 29 Nov 2011, 9:46 am

To be fair, if he genuinely believes he can win then fantastic, if he starts being cocky about how he can win, fantastic. David had a broken toe against Wlad, how can you expect a man to win the fight with a broken bone?! Whistle

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 29 Nov 2011, 9:47 am

The huckerby hype train is at full speed, it appears.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tommyhearnsprodigalson Tue 29 Nov 2011, 9:48 am

I can see it now, Haye will Duck, Dodge, Dip, Dive and......Dodge his way past Vitali's lacklustre jab land a couple of bombs to his body that will lower his guard then........BOOM his most feard weapon the haymaker will land on Vitali's chin, staggering the big man, he will try to hold but will not be successful has Haye lands a huge uppercut as he's coming in sending his gum shield flying towards to stadium lights, a left hook and straight right send Vitali to the canvass, 1...2...3...4...5...6...he's trying to get up but crumples back down on the ground, the referee calls it off, David Haye banishing his demons puts both hands in the air and is crowned WBC Heavyweight Champion of the world...........................................oh if Carlsberg did boxing matches

tommyhearnsprodigalson

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 29 Nov 2011, 9:48 am

I'm looking at this fight with complete rose tinted glasses, I want David to just do it, give me SOMETHING to live for!!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 29 Nov 2011, 9:50 am

AlexHuckerby wrote: I want David to just do it, give me SOMETHING to live for!!

If you having something to live for is solely dependant on this boorish chancer I would have to suggest you need to make some serious lifestyle changes, or at the very least get out a bit more.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 29 Nov 2011, 9:50 am

rowley wrote:

If you having something to live for is solely dependant on this boorish chancer I would have to suggest you need to make some serious lifestyle changes, or at the very least get out a bit more.
P.s. Come on Vitali!

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 29 Nov 2011, 9:51 am

tommyhearnsprodigalson wrote:I can see it now, Haye will Duck, Dodge, Dip, Dive and......Dodge his way past Vitali's lacklustre jab land a couple of bombs to his body that will lower his guard then........BOOM his most feard weapon the haymaker will land on Vitali's chin, staggering the big man, he will try to hold but will not be successful has Haye lands a huge uppercut as he's coming in sending his gum shield flying towards to stadium lights, a left hook and straight right send Vitali to the canvass, 1...2...3...4...5...6...he's trying to get up but crumples back down on the ground, the referee calls it off, David Haye banishing his demons puts both hands in the air and is crowned WBC Heavyweight Champion of the world...........................................oh if Carlsberg did boxing matches

And look how many points this man has in the Prediction League, he is BLATANTLY correct!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 29 Nov 2011, 9:52 am

rowley wrote:

This is everything to me Rowley, don't make me feel bad about it.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 29 Nov 2011, 9:52 am

Must admit I'd go mental if he decked Vitali...we may be getting a little ahead of ourselves, however.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 29 Nov 2011, 9:54 am

Fists of Fury wrote:Must admit I'd go mental if he decked Vitali...we may be getting a little ahead of ourselves, however.

Fists, during the first 4 rounds of the Haye/Wlad fight, everytime David looked as though he was ABOUT to land something I screamed bloody mary and jumped up, when he landed the right hand in the third I was going ballistic. If that was my reaction imagine Waingros!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 29 Nov 2011, 9:56 am

Probably required tissues...

Yeah good shot that was, he needed to follow up and throw in combination though. Spent far too much time out of range after that.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Tue 29 Nov 2011, 9:56 am

Depends upon the build up.

If he goes through more of the 'listen to this mans funny voice' routine then I'll be backing Vitali.

Haye for me needs to be a little more respectful. Don't get me wrong, I love a bit of banter and some funny wind up's. Haye, however, just isn't funny and comes across like a fool.

Before we get onto a you should support a Brit I would like to point out the fact that he was born in the same part of the world that I did means nothing to me. I prefer to base my opinion on actions that can be controlled.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 29 Nov 2011, 9:57 am

Can't say I'm all that fussed either way, to be honest. Usually I'd always back the UK fighter, but to an extent I think Haye has pooped his pot full with me over the last three years. A lot of big talk (a lot of it too disrespectful for my liking), very little follow through.

Fair enough if he managed to pull off the upset - and I'm no huge Vitali fan either, by the way - but I think we can safely say that Haye will be outclassed if this fight happens. He just isn't a top, top Heavyweight boxer. Vitali is, even at forty.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 29 Nov 2011, 9:59 am

huw wrote:Depends upon the build up.

If he goes through more of the 'listen to this mans funny voice' routine then I'll be backing Vitali.

I'll find that amusing the day Haye conducts a full interview in German without a translator.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 29 Nov 2011, 10:00 am

Size will be the over-riding factor, just as it was against Wlad. In technical terms, Haye would demolish a 6ft 3 Wlad or a 6ft 3 Vitali I'd guess, but that extra 4 to 5 inches height just makes all the difference.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Tue 29 Nov 2011, 10:01 am

I'll have to support Haye. Watching Vitali bores me to tears since he came back. Cant see how others have been saying he hasn't slowed down or doesn't look on the slide. I'll be cheering Haye (unless I can get decent odds on Klit) but Vitali will win.

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Tue 29 Nov 2011, 10:05 am

Fists of Fury wrote:Size will be the over-riding factor, just as it was against Wlad. In technical terms, Haye would demolish a 6ft 3 Wlad or a 6ft 3 Vitali I'd guess, but that extra 4 to 5 inches height just makes all the difference.

I dont get that. Technically I think the Klitschkos are better. Reducing them in size makes no sense as their style is based around their physical attributes.

If Haye were 6,7 would he be as good as the Klitschkos? He has no jab, he would be alot slower, fights off the back foot and is not as good at controlling range.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue 29 Nov 2011, 10:05 am

I will not be supporting him but if he puts in a decent performance and doesn't treat us like we are stupid i'll support him next time if he doesn't retire, which is a big possibility win or lose, and another thing i can't be bothered with considering how young he is.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Tue 29 Nov 2011, 10:07 am

Realistcally Haye never retired.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 29 Nov 2011, 10:08 am

manos de piedra wrote:
Fists of Fury wrote:Size will be the over-riding factor, just as it was against Wlad. In technical terms, Haye would demolish a 6ft 3 Wlad or a 6ft 3 Vitali I'd guess, but that extra 4 to 5 inches height just makes all the difference.

I dont get that. Technically I think the Klitschkos are better. Reducing them in size makes no sense as their style is based around their physical attributes.

If Haye were 6,7 would he be as good as the Klitschkos? He has no jab, he would be alot slower, fights off the back foot and is not as good at controlling range.

It's a moot point really as they all would be completely different fighters.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Tue 29 Nov 2011, 10:10 am

rowley wrote:
huw wrote:Depends upon the build up.

I'll find that amusing the day Haye conducts a full interview in German without a translator.

Would be funny if Vitali / Wlad then commented on him sounding like someone from Allo Allo.

I know Allo Allo was a slghtly awful program but I think it is responsible for my love of stockings, would never have discoivered how good they look on me if it weren't for that show.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 29 Nov 2011, 10:12 am

Can't agree with that personally, Fists, though I obviously respect your opinion. Seems to me that people just don't want to come to terms with the fact that the Klitschkos are simply better boxers than Haye is, rather than just being bigger boxers. This idea that Wladimir only beat Haye because he's bigger than him doesn't sit well with me. The Wladimir of old was beaten by men of a similar stature to Haye, so no excuse there really, and if the history of Heavyweight boxing has shown that size matters, it's also shown that it doesn't matter nearly as much as talent and ability.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Tue 29 Nov 2011, 10:16 am

Fists of Fury wrote:Size will be the over-riding factor, but that extra 4 to 5 inches just makes all the difference.

It's apparently what you do with it, so I'm told, far too frequently. Sad

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 29 Nov 2011, 10:16 am

Got to agree with the general consensus about size, have seen people level similar criticisms at Jeffries that he only had success because he was much bigger than his rivals, whilst it is certainly true he was big for his day surely boxing is about utilising whatever assets you have been born with and developing a style that gets the best out of those assets, that the brothers have done this and in Wlad's case has also developed the game to protect his weaknesses (chin) is something that we should admire.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 29 Nov 2011, 10:17 am

88Chris05 wrote:

Can't agree with that personally, Fists, though I obviously respect your opinion. Seems to me that people just don't want to come to terms with the fact that the Klitschkos are simply better boxers than Haye is, rather than just being bigger boxers. This idea that Wladimir only beat Haye because he's bigger than him doesn't sit well with me. The Wladimir of old was beaten by men of a similar stature to Haye, so no excuse there really, and if the history of Heavyweight boxing has shown that size matters, it's also shown that it doesn't matter nearly as much as talent and ability.

Yeah and the problem is that the Klitschkos are huge AND they have talent and ability.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by fearlessBamber Tue 29 Nov 2011, 10:20 am

I was going to click Haye despite the obvious, then I read Waingro's twaddle and clicked Vitali.

I can't say I like either of them much. I find both the Klitschkos a bit saccharine and smarmy for boxers and as for Haye, well he is all mouth and buttock clenchingly embarrassing to listen to. the fact one is British is totally irrelevant to me. Support England and Britain in team sports, but not individuals.

I think Haye has more chance with his hit and run tactics in this fight because Vitali's jab is not a patch on his brothers. However I suspect will be treated to a boring 12 round UD for Vitali with Haye running for his life throughout.

I suggest we all stick on a tape of Bruno Witherspoon and relive how World title attempts should be lost. Watched it the other day and they both look like two quality professionals. Can't believe I even thought Spoon looked in reasonable shape ! All the lard buckets we've become accustomed to over the years I guess.

fearlessBamber

Back to top Go down

Post by fearlessBamber Tue 29 Nov 2011, 10:21 am

Imagine if they were 3' 6'' - he'd destroy them. Haye's great.

fearlessBamber

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Tue 29 Nov 2011, 10:22 am

I'll be cheering on Haye all the way!

*fishes out remains of Hayemaker t-shirt from flaming oil drum*

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 29 Nov 2011, 10:22 am

88Chris05 wrote:

I am of the belief that Haye has the better fundamentals, Chris, with regard to his footwork, his upper body movement etc.

However, where you are right is when you mention the words talent and ability. I guess Haye has the ability (movement, speed, power), but he does maybe lack the talent to combine the three i.e. he can slip a punch but then doesn't have the talent at his disposal to unload a combination of his own in the same movement. Hopefully that makes more sense, but I do feel that Haye is more gifted in terms of his attriubutes, and you do have to wonder how a 6ft 3 Klitschko keeps opponents off them like they do so effectively at the moment by utilising their freakish height and reach.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 29 Nov 2011, 10:22 am

Vitalis jab USED to be better than Wlad's Vitali can't throw his jab properly anymore for 12 it seems so he has adopted that strange awkward jab you now see.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by fearlessBamber Tue 29 Nov 2011, 10:25 am

AlexHuckerby wrote:Vitalis jab USED to be better than Wlad's Vitali can't throw his jab properly anymore for 12 it seems so he has adopted that strange awkward jab you now see.

True - he has developed it into that weird stabbing pawing movement.

fearlessBamber

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue 29 Nov 2011, 10:27 am

fearlessBamber wrote:
AlexHuckerby wrote:Vitalis jab USED to be better than Wlad's Vitali can't throw his jab properly anymore for 12 it seems so he has adopted that strange awkward jab you now see.

True - he has developed it into that weird stabbing pawing movement.

Just being lazy for me, there doesn't seem a need for him to keep his skills tip top.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Tue 29 Nov 2011, 10:28 am

Still got get beyond it though...

As much as I'll be cheering Haye on I can't see him beating Vitali.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by captain carrantuohil Tue 29 Nov 2011, 10:41 am

Here we go again....the top three threads of the board are currently dominated by this ghastly snake oil salesman. While, it's mildly encouraging that some 50% appear to be hoping for Vitali to add the full stop to Haye's less than stellar heavyweight career, I find it depressing how many people are prepared to allow themselves to fall for boxing's equivalent of the three card trick yet again.

Nationalism really is the most blinding of vices - I can't see it as patriotic to want as classless an individual as Haye to win a fight simply because he sports the Union Jack. He's not as good as Vitali, of course, hits less hard, throws fewer shots, so he won't win, unless Vitali suddenly turns fifty overnight. I don't imagine that Vitali has any great dread of the opposition, either, or he wouldn't be trying so hard to reheat such stale cabbage.

In summary, I object to the fact that Haye is set to gain a shot that he doesn't deserve, I deplore the fact that I am going to have to listen either to him or his die-hard bunch of acolytes telling me that we are on the verge of a new era in boxing for the next four months and I can only hope that after March 6th, this fairground barker will never intrude on any sort of public space again.

captain carrantuohil

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Tue 29 Nov 2011, 10:44 am

I actually take a fair amount of offence to that. I like Haye, I've enjoyed his career, but a lot of the things there don't apply to me.

Talk about tarring us all with the same brush...

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 29 Nov 2011, 10:44 am

Vitaliis a master of timing, when he realises theres an attack mounting he uses his nice little basic footwork to evade and just basically arm punches the jab, sadly the Heavies he has faced have walked into it everytime and Vit's armpunches appear to hurt a rather lot.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next