The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brandon Rios/John Murray - Predictions

+14
Rowley
Fists of Fury
jimdig
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
Lance
Nico the gman
KO-KING
paperbag_puncher
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
Scottrf
azania
TRUSSMAN66
bellchees
AlexHuckerby
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Brandon Rios/John Murray - Predictions Empty Brandon Rios/John Murray - Predictions

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 30 Nov 2011, 7:09 pm

anyone think murray can pull off the impossible? most think hes a little lamb being sent off to the slaughterhouse - but does anyone think theres a chance murray can find an inbetween where he can outbox rios?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Brandon Rios/John Murray - Predictions Empty Re: Brandon Rios/John Murray - Predictions

Post by bellchees Wed 30 Nov 2011, 7:11 pm

In short no. All I see is a painful night for Murray, 4 or 5 one sided rounds before the corner or referee step in.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Brandon Rios/John Murray - Predictions Empty Re: Brandon Rios/John Murray - Predictions

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 30 Nov 2011, 7:14 pm

Think it's a disgrace a guy that got beaten badly in a domestic fight....gets rewarded with a title shot!!!

What a joke....

Rios by slow painful drubbing points decision (118-108)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 30 Nov 2011, 7:15 pm

really you dont see him getting stopped?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 30 Nov 2011, 7:15 pm

I agree with bellchees here. Much like the Cotto/Jennings mismatch.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 30 Nov 2011, 7:16 pm

No because I imagine when you see someone get battered.... right before you get him....you'll probably be on auto-pilot.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 30 Nov 2011, 7:19 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:No because I imagine when you see someone get battered.... right before you get him....you'll probably be on auto-pilot.
He could turn the engine off and knock him out.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 30 Nov 2011, 7:21 pm

murray is around jennings level at that point - rios at this moment in time is nowhere near the level cotto was that night.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 30 Nov 2011, 7:34 pm

Can't see Murray lasting 4 rounds. Rios is a fast starter and Murray knows nothing other than to meet him head on. Early and painful night for Murray imo.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 30 Nov 2011, 7:40 pm

i wouldnt say rios is a particularly fast starter kev - usually builds momentum in my opinion.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 30 Nov 2011, 7:42 pm

Really have you seen the Antillion fight?
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 30 Nov 2011, 7:45 pm

what im saying is hes not USUALLY a fast starter most of his fights he builds up momentum.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 30 Nov 2011, 8:04 pm

16 of his 21 stoppages have been inside 6 rounds.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Wed 30 Nov 2011, 8:12 pm

Rios inside 6 for me. Not sure how Murray can go from getting stopped by Mitchell to having a chance against Rios. If he can get a fairly durable Antillon out of there in 3 I dont think he has any trouble stopping Rios in 6. 7/4 aint a bad price either.

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by KO-KING Wed 30 Nov 2011, 8:14 pm

rios ko 6 - 8

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 30 Nov 2011, 8:22 pm

prettyboykev wrote:16 of his 21 stoppages have been inside 6 rounds.

think we have different meanings kev. was just meaning first couple of rounds isnt where he does the main damage (usually)

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 30 Nov 2011, 8:26 pm

Fair enough but I don't think Murray can stand up to Rios for very long and he certainly can't outbox or out think him. If Rios only comes at him from round 3 onwards I still think Murray doesn't see the end of round 4.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 30 Nov 2011, 8:28 pm

paperbag_puncher wrote:Rios inside 6 for me. Not sure how Murray can go from getting stopped by Mitchell to having a chance against Rios. If he can get a fairly durable Antillon out of there in 3 I dont think he has any trouble stopping Rios in 6. 7/4 aint a bad price either.

yeah agree with you but in murrays favour rios is a completely different style to mitchell, this could be very good or very bad (my bettings on bad but you never know)

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 30 Nov 2011, 8:30 pm

personally i think he lasts around 8 but cant rule out anything from 4 and above.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Wed 30 Nov 2011, 8:36 pm

You have to wonder how Murray got the fight in the first place, the only conclusion I'm coming to is a warm up fight for Rios before Christmas just to keep him active.
Murray is a domestic Euro level fighter,Rios will take care of business whenever he feels like it.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 30 Nov 2011, 8:41 pm

whilst i agree nico i think will has a lot to do with this, and murray knows that its unlikely he will get another chance like this so think he will perform better than most suspect and dont think its as straight forward as some are thinking (though i can only see one winner)

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Wed 30 Nov 2011, 9:01 pm

murray took a lot of good shots off mitchell before he went down, so i reckon hes got a good chin. i think he will show a lot more respect towards rios, and wont take so many shots, could see him spoiling a lot and losing a wide decision or late stoppage

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Wed 30 Nov 2011, 9:05 pm

Can see where your coming from with that one Alex but like you can only see one winner,Rios can be hit, but Murray doesn't have the power to trouble him.
Murray's a brit so I'll certainly be cheering him on, hope I'm wrong and he covers himself in glory would be nice to see.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 30 Nov 2011, 9:47 pm

yeah us brits love our heroic losers

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 30 Nov 2011, 9:50 pm

We love losers and hate winners a bit of a backwards theory I think.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 30 Nov 2011, 9:53 pm

its strange i kinda like seeing our brits fail heroicly rather than an amir khan take apart judah. odd i know...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 30 Nov 2011, 9:55 pm

I don't I like a winner. Strange really because I'm a Celtic fan!
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 30 Nov 2011, 10:01 pm

not been winning the SPL all too often as of late. Whistle

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 30 Nov 2011, 10:05 pm

Not been winning much lately. We got beat tonight as well.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Wed 30 Nov 2011, 10:38 pm

Lance wrote:murray took a lot of good shots off mitchell before he went down, so i reckon hes got a good chin. i think he will show a lot more respect towards rios, and wont take so many shots, could see him spoiling a lot and losing a wide decision or late stoppage

True but mitchell is a natural SFW whereas Rios is a huge lightweight and a dynamite puncher. The closest style murray has fought compared to rios is buckland who didn't have real power at lightweight and was bullied by murray. The closest style to murray rios has fought is antillon who was destroyed in 3 and has been in with tougher opponents than murray has.

Should be good while it lasts but he should be out of there around rounds 5-7

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Dec 2011, 2:41 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Think it's a disgrace a guy that got beaten badly in a domestic fight....gets rewarded with a title shot!!!

What a joke....

As I recall, Mitchell looked like he was the one on the receiving end of a bad beating in the early rounds. Yes, Murray got stopped but he was the one dominating in the early going until Mitchell managed to get out of range and get his own boxing going.

Murray likes to work up close and smother so if Rios stays out of the pocket he should be able to pick Murray off. Murray doesn't seem to be able to take that little half step to get him back into range to work the body.

Hoping Murray wins though just to annoy that idiot poster who used to slate Murray on an hourly basis back on the old 606

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Thu 01 Dec 2011, 3:10 pm

If Murray had of walked through Mitchell (as most expected) I wonder would anyone be optimistic of his chances now?

Probably not, the class difference appears to be too great, Rios in 4.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 01 Dec 2011, 3:12 pm

Dear me, shah is a blast from the past. What a clown!

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 01 Dec 2011, 3:15 pm

Murray has got an ASBO and a loyalty card with JD sports. (on the off chance anyone was missing shah)

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 01 Dec 2011, 3:15 pm

The same Shah that posts here...?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 01 Dec 2011, 3:16 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:The same Shah that posts here...?

Certainly not, the shah on here is a nice bloke who knows his boxing, the other one was tool with a John Murray obsession.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 01 Dec 2011, 3:19 pm

Yeah I like the Shah that posts here and he doesn't seem to have any obsession with John Murray, but you never know...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Dec 2011, 3:21 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Think it's a disgrace a guy that got beaten badly in a domestic fight....gets rewarded with a title shot!!!

What a joke....

Exactly, all the best to Murray and nothing against him for taking the chance but this is horse turd, I refuse to believe there is not another lightweight in the world who is more deserving and has done more to justify a shot at the title than Murray has.

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 01 Dec 2011, 3:28 pm

TumblingDice wrote:

What a joke....

Exactly, all the best to Murray and nothing against him for taking the chance but this is horse turd, I refuse to believe there is not another lightweight in the world who is more deserving and has done more to justify a shot at the title than Murray has.

Sadly that's just not the way boxings run anymore, to make fighters big they usually put him in with someone they can look good against, whether they're a world champion or not, shouldn't be the case, but if it went the way it should go we would see less and less bigger names. Less influence on a "0" also, whether this is a good thing or not, you decide.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 01 Dec 2011, 3:28 pm

I don't I like a winner. Strange really because I'm a Celtic fan!

I've always liked you, Kev.

I'd pick Rios to win in the middle rounds by stoppage. Dave is right about the Murray v Mitchell fight. Murray did start well against Mitchell and for a while it seemed like he was going to boss the fight completely. Saying that, it's not going to help him against Rios.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Dec 2011, 3:49 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:
TumblingDice wrote:

What a joke....

Sadly that's just not the way boxings run anymore, to make fighters big they usually put him in with someone they can look good against, whether they're a world champion or not, shouldn't be the case, but if it went the way it should go we would see less and less bigger names. Less influence on a "0" also, whether this is a good thing or not, you decide.

Oh I know why it's done this way, it's just annoying.

Thomas Hauser wrote an excellent article a few months ago criticising HBO and their use of this very process (which also applies to Warren over here) in which he summed up that the failure of TV/promoters is to tell us who the stars are then build these impressive records with nothing fights where they aren't actually progressing or learning. He cited the case of Ortiz as Golden Boy's next big thing struggling badly in his first tough fight against Maidana.

Anyway, the point he makes is that it is better for the fighters, the shows, the fans and tv, if they made competitive fights which fans could buy into, he argues that it's the fans decide who the stars are by getting involved and enjoying thrilling fights.

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 01 Dec 2011, 3:58 pm

This fight is a warm up for Gamboa I think.

Murray has a good record on paper 30 something and 1 defeat so I think thats the reasoning behind him getting picked up by team Rios.

I think Murray will give it a good go but will be worn out by 5-7 and will be stopped on his feet.

Good luck to him though, I hope he does himself proud, the guy loves a good scrap which is always fun to watch.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu 01 Dec 2011, 3:59 pm

Think there's a potential round of the year contender early on and then Murray gets worn down and either stopped on his feet or pulled out by the corner after he's taken a pasting.

Gonna be fun to watch though

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 01 Dec 2011, 4:11 pm

Get a feeling Murray won't want to straight up engage with him to be honest but there should be a couple of cracking rounds however.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 01 Dec 2011, 4:13 pm

Apparently they bumped into each other and Rios didn't know who he was.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 01 Dec 2011, 4:16 pm

Triss Dixon mentioned this on twitter. Murray and Rios shook hands and when Murray walked away someone from Rios's team followed Murray into his hotel and asked him who he was!
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 01 Dec 2011, 4:18 pm

Sounds like mind games, or do they follow everyone they shake hands with?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Dec 2011, 4:19 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:Get a feeling Murray won't want to straight up engage with him to be honest but there should be a couple of cracking rounds however.

If Murray's pre fight quotes are to be believed, he's talking more about boxing than fighting. Which is sensible after getting out blasted by Mitchell.

Must have been soul destroying to lose that way, when a fighter's whole game is out slugging then it's a rude awakening when he himself is taken apart by a guy standing and trading, heck, Pacquiao put Hatton in rehab because of it!

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 01 Dec 2011, 4:20 pm

I think Murray walked up to Rios and acted as if he knew him which must have been awkward for Rios. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't know who he was so many fighters choose not to watch their upcoming opponents which always surprises me.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 01 Dec 2011, 4:22 pm

I can't believe not recognising an opponent.

What I find harder to believe is keeping your team if they don't recognise your opponent.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next