The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brandon Rios - Do us all a favor !!

+15
ShahenshahG
Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake
Hammersmith harrier
TopHat24/7
kingraf
huw
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Diamond in the rough
oxring
Scottrf
Strongback
mobilemaster8
Lumbering_Jack
Rodney
TRUSSMAN66
19 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Brandon Rios - Do us all a favor !! Empty Brandon Rios - Do us all a favor !!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 28 Oct 2013, 10:40 am

......and drop Manny for good.

I like Manny........I think he's hugely suspect........Never been a fighter in the game that puts on forty pounds and hits even harder...Duran, Spinks, Hearns, Mayweather didn't.....

Manny has been good for boxing...Exciting, Been in some good wars...........

What I don't like about Manny is that most of his followers are insane...........One look on youtube and it's the same d4 types editing interviews worse than the Foxnews channel, or taking Arum and other Mayweather haters words as gospel........

They seem obsessed with writing graffiti about Mayweather and can't give him credit for anything.........They seem like tragic types....and the shame is their mission in life is futile...............Marquez has seen to that..

They don't see that publishing Holmes saying Mayweather is scared can be anything but butter tripe...........after all Holmes hates other people getting the spotlight and credit and Holmes gave up the WBC because he was scared of Greg Page...........some of us remember Larry !!!

Manny can only redeem himself by beating Floyd.............The fight won't happen because his wally of a Promoter thinks he's worth 50/50 and Arum is only interested in bragging rights about how good a deal broker he is (Nunn-Barkley).........

So If Rios slaps Manny then that'll be the end of the nuthugging morons with a bit of luck and the end of the pitiful case that Manny deserves a space a long side Floyd in history.......

Come on Brandon.....Fight of your life please..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Brandon Rios - Do us all a favor !! Empty Re: Brandon Rios - Do us all a favor !!

Post by Rodney Mon 28 Oct 2013, 10:55 am

Why not admit it your real agenda is Manny is not being American . You keep going on about boxing needing stars , Pacquiao is exactly that.

Your fan boy is becoming as nauseating as D4s mate seriously.

Cheers Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Brandon Rios - Do us all a favor !! Empty Re: Brandon Rios - Do us all a favor !!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 28 Oct 2013, 11:03 am

I won't admit because it's not true.........

Chavez and sanchez weren't American and they were favorites...

I loved Hatton...........

I do love modern fighters........Something we don't share in common.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Mon 28 Oct 2013, 11:09 am

Manny and Floyd have equal measures of crazy fans. For every D4 we have a Truss so I think it balances itself out.

Agree that the fight now means nothing, but in 09 it would of cemented the legacy of one of them, probably Mayweather. Sadly, they both ducked each other, neither man really fancied it.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 28 Oct 2013, 11:10 am

Mayweather is destined to finish top 10........Shame his legacy won't be cemented.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Mon 28 Oct 2013, 11:12 am

Despite you man love for Floyd, surely even you can deny that he lacks a real standout victory, when one was available to him in Manny.

I personally wouldn't have him in the top 10, but each to their own.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Mon 28 Oct 2013, 11:29 am

I agree Truss.

Manny has been brilliant for the sport and was never really in a dull fight if memory serves.

fast accurate power puncher, a brawler type, always exciting.

However, in his recent say 3 fights against JMM 3/4 and Bradley, he never really looked great and has been in decline maybe.

JMM, for me, won the third by a few rounds at least. Bradley out worked him late on to steal rounds and JMM did the job knocking him down in the third then cold in the 6th to prevent any further robberies.

Rios, all be it a crapish fighter, has a chin of granite and a bit of power as well.

If Manny don't get him out early, then Rios could take over with constant pressure from say round 6 onwards.

Can Manny cope? Will see.

If im honest, i don't think his career is at an end just yet, i think he may demolish Rios early.

He will then have a sign off fight against Floyd at some point, will lose convincingly, and go out on a huge payday with his respect in tact.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon 28 Oct 2013, 11:30 am

Who cares really. Pacquiao is past his best. If he can't beat Rios he needs to hang up his gloves.

Mayweather is not removed from suspecion. He's getting better when most athletes are dramatically feeling the effects of aging.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon 28 Oct 2013, 11:37 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Never been a fighter in the game that puts on forty pounds and hits even harder...
Stop trotting out this line please, Pacquiao had more knockout power at the lower weights.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Mon 28 Oct 2013, 11:41 am

4 years since a stoppage.
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Mon 28 Oct 2013, 12:06 pm

Scottrf wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Never been a fighter in the game that puts on forty pounds and hits even harder...
Stop trotting out this line please, Pacquiao had more knockout power at the lower weights.
I take it, Truss - that you are aware that clan Mayweather settled w/ Pacquiao re: defamation and juicing? Further, I assume you are aware that, according to unsubstantiated rumour, the settlement came after Pacquiao's lawyers requested the results of Floyd's VADA test results - which Floyd declined to offer...

Neither fighter - Floyd or Manny are entirely clean from suspicion.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 28 Oct 2013, 12:19 pm

Scottrf wrote:
I'll trot out whatever line I want........

Hatton was at a lower weight..Rolling Eyes 

Line being the operative word for you......

I like debate.....It rules you out..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Diamond in the rough Mon 28 Oct 2013, 12:23 pm

Rios will be wiped out I actually think it's a shocking match up rios only just moved to lww and has been beat handily by Alvarado and Abril in my book! How he's got the manny fight is shocking and it's been made to make manny look like he did against cotto and marg! Manny will not lose a round and be mid to late stoppage and complete battering

Diamond in the rough

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Mon 28 Oct 2013, 12:24 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Hatton was at a lower weight..Rolling Eyes 
Hatton walked forward onto a clean left hook. A minimumweight could have stopped him with that punch.

According to legend Duran knocked a horse out - the horse apparently outweighed him by a hundred pounds. If punching away from your power is indicative of "suspicion" - I take it Duran is susceptible to the same.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 28 Oct 2013, 12:25 pm

He rocked Hatton with every punch he through as you well know...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Mon 28 Oct 2013, 12:31 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:He rocked Hatton with every punch he through as you well know...
That's not quite how I saw it. Hatton dropped his right hand before throwing a punch - think it was Hatton's own left hook but my memory is a trifle hazy. Pacquiao had been trained by Roach to land the left over the dropped right hand whenever Hatton gave him the opening. Hatton walked onto big punches. That, in my view, is very different from someone like Tyson walking a man backwards with detonating shots - Manny hasn't done that at the higher weights.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 28 Oct 2013, 12:33 pm

Well we can see it differently........A quality chinned Hatton completely destroyed in the first and knocked down twice and then hammered unconscious in the second.......

You are entitled to your opinion and in fairness you give one and don't hit and run...

More than welcome to comment on my ten heavy hitters...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon 28 Oct 2013, 12:41 pm

The only opponent he actually knocked out above Lightweight. In eight fights.

If you think that beats his power at the lower weights, you must be pretty new to watching him.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 28 Oct 2013, 12:47 pm

Tyson struggled with survivors like smith, Tucker, Tillis and Green..........

Maybe he couldn't punch either.........

He was devastating against Hatton who had a top chin......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 28 Oct 2013, 12:50 pm

Didn't he stop Cotto.........Only other guy to do that was a cheat..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon 28 Oct 2013, 12:51 pm

How can one fight be a trend? Cotto and Margarito weren't just surviving. He teed off on them for 12 rounds each without a knockdown.

He stopped Cotto, but because he took a knee. Cumulative power. He never once looked like keeping him on the canvas.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 28 Oct 2013, 12:53 pm

He stopped Cotto........He broke up hatton..........

Clottey came to survive and Marg and Marquez are iron chinned guys.......

Cotto and Hatton is evidence enough his power was top draw.

Tillis, Green, Smith, Tucker, douglas, Ruddock...........

You're talking about trends...........If a guy has an iron chin he's hard to knock out..

Ask Hearns about Hagler......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon 28 Oct 2013, 12:54 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Didn't he stop Cotto.........Only other guy to do that was a cheat..
Not proven in the Cotto fight may I add

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 28 Oct 2013, 12:55 pm

I was just thinking to myself we need more input from informative posters..

and you turn up.........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon 28 Oct 2013, 12:58 pm

He completely marked up Cotto's face, without ever dazing him. That's the sign of a puncher? 12 rounds, over 300 punches landed and only stopped when he takes a knee. I wouldn't call that evidence.

You didn't just say top draw. You said better than the lower weights, where he was bouncing people off the canvas with regularity. No evidence of that.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 28 Oct 2013, 1:00 pm

Who else has stopped Cotto legally ??.........Clottey came to survive...........Marquez..These are iron chinned guys...

Manny couldn't dent Morales..(the first time)..........Spinks punched like a girl at heavy.........For me something stinks

I've pointed out Tyson struggled to knock out people.........

Who else devastated Hatton like that.........Awesome power.......As Oscar himself acknowledged..

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Mon 28 Oct 2013, 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Mon 28 Oct 2013, 1:02 pm

Didn't Mayweather KO Hatton?

So Pacquiao KO's the same guy Mayweather KO'd, they started at around the same weight.

Double standards?

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 28 Oct 2013, 1:02 pm

huw wrote:Didn't Mayweather KO Hatton?

So Pacquiao KO's the same guy Mayweather KO'd, they started at around the same weight.

Double standards?
Yeah he beat Hatton much more devastatingly than Manny..Yeah.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 28 Oct 2013, 1:06 pm

Apparently Pacquiao has been knocking out light heavys in sparring. Every report I have heard about Pacquiao's camps seems to imply he is training with Froch-like determination. Pacquiao to beat Rios by slaughter in less than six, is the smart money.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 28 Oct 2013, 1:07 pm

I thought Hatton was dead vs Pacquiao to be honest...
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Mon 28 Oct 2013, 1:07 pm

IM pretty sure that Manny knocked Cotto down in the 3rd and then REALLY had him hurt with that uppercut in the 4th....cotto hit the deck like a sack of spuds legs all over the place. From that point on he avoided the "power" of Manny and was stopped on his feet.

Mayweather wore Hatton down over 10 rounds, hit him with clean accurate shots and stopped him late on.

Manny literally exploded all over him and knocked him cold with one punch and nearly crushed him in the 1st!!

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 28 Oct 2013, 1:09 pm

Yes, please BamBam, please do all the sensible rational intelligent people in the world a favour and get a complete whooping from Pac (but not a ko) so all the pathetic retarded Flomos out there have something to choke on their cornflakes over once they've finished their morning tug over the PBF poster mounted above their bed.

Preferably also do it with full VADA testing so we can further laugh at the Flomo wums who conveniently ignore nor their loverboy paying to avoid his failed drug test results coming out.

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeease!!!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 28 Oct 2013, 1:09 pm

Wouldn't be surprised Kingy...........

Pinklon Thomas showed what happens when Tyson lands clean.........

Smith, Tillis, Green, Tucker showed what happens when he didn't........

Hatton was completely devastated......why need any other proof that he carries huge power at 140 + .......Oscar and others have already offered personal endorsements..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 28 Oct 2013, 1:10 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Yes, please BamBam, please do all the sensible rational intelligent people in the world a favour and get a complete whooping from Pac (but not a ko) so all the pathetic retarded Flomos out there have something to choke on their cornflakes over once they've finished their morning tug over the PBF poster mounted above their bed.

Preferably also do it with full VADA testing so we can further laugh at the Flomo wums who conveniently ignore nor their loverboy paying to avoid his failed drug test results coming out.

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeease!!!
It's all been okay on here.....I'll ask the mods to watch the contribution of this  pathetic piece of p*ss.

I don't want him on my threads.

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Mon 28 Oct 2013, 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 28 Oct 2013, 1:16 pm

Mature.

Give yourself a clap, special. clap

PS: You don't get to chose who goes on your threads, especially with blatant wumming.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 28 Oct 2013, 1:18 pm

mobilemaster8 wrote:IM pretty sure that Manny knocked Cotto down in the 3rd and then REALLY had him hurt with that uppercut in the 4th....cotto hit the deck like a sack of spuds legs all over the place. From that point on he avoided the "power" of Manny and was stopped on his feet.

Mayweather wore Hatton down over 10 rounds, hit him with clean accurate shots and stopped him late on.

Manny literally exploded all over him and knocked him cold with one punch and nearly crushed him in the 1st!!
He did......He has huge power.........Whether you land clean is whether you get the knockout..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Mon 28 Oct 2013, 1:21 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
huw wrote:Didn't Mayweather KO Hatton?

Double standards?
Yeah he beat Hatton much more devastatingly than Manny..Yeah.
Your argument seems to be centred around the fact Manny hits harder as he gets bigger, just pointing out Mayweather KO'd the same guy which would suggest for someone who isn't known as a hard puncher that he has also increased his power as he has got bigger.

You are also the first to point out Manny got Hatton at the right time, Floyds win meant so much more as he beat him first.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 28 Oct 2013, 1:23 pm

I know but he didn't rock him with every punch he threw.......Huw

You're entitled to disagree Mate.......I have my opinion and you have yours and I respect it..

Especially the way you put it across..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 28 Oct 2013, 1:24 pm

I think suspicion over Manny is valid (as, quite honestly is suspicion over all athletes. Millions of dollars = millions of reasons to cheat. But regarding Manny, the line of attack borders on illogical.

1) The guy turned pro at 16. Is it really that strange that his power increased from when he was a 112 pounder?

2) He has since then grown eight inches. Is it then far fetched to reason he has carried the weight better because of this? If a person starts fighting at 4'11, and ends up at 5'7, you have to be a little simple to think he's best weight should stay the one he was in when he was 4'11.

3) Hasn't had a proper KO, in years now. Dropped Marquez three times at featherweight, once in eighteen rounds at WW.

In closing, I dont buy the myth that he carried his power with him (at least not all of it). and even if he did, Is it far fetched to suggest a 5'7 man with the same body mechanics hits harder than the 4'11 teenager?
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Mon 28 Oct 2013, 1:28 pm

Mosely showed what real power is when he battered Marg into the floor. Manny used him as a punch bag for 12 rounds and didn't come close to dropping him.

He doesn't have huge power. He is a sharp and fast puncher.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Mon 28 Oct 2013, 1:29 pm

He dropped Mosley and had him shook big time.

He dropped Cotto twice and battered him with power shots.

Knocked Hatton out cold

Concussed and broke the face of JMM at welter before being stopped himself.

Broke Margaritos orbital bone and beat his face off his head with power shots....had that been a normal fighter and not a granite chin one, he would have knocked them out.

He is also about to knock Rios into oblivion i think.

He has major power at Welter.

Okay he didn't stop Mosley but who has? Infact, who has ever dropped Mosley and hurt him THAT much?

Who has ever knocked Cotto about and nearly stopped him? Margarito with bricks in his gloves....even then, he never knocked him down off one punch.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 28 Oct 2013, 1:31 pm

kingraf wrote:I think suspicion over Manny is valid (as, quite honestly is suspicion over all athletes. Millions of dollars = millions of reasons to cheat. But regarding Manny, the line of attack borders on illogical.

1) The guy turned pro at 16. Is it really that strange that his power increased from when he was a 112 pounder?

2) He has since then grown eight inches. Is it then far fetched to reason he has carried the weight better because of this? If a person starts fighting at 4'11, and ends up at 5'7, you have to be a little simple to think he's best weight should stay the one he was in when he was 4'11.

3) Hasn't had a proper KO, in years now. Dropped Marquez three times at featherweight, once in eighteen rounds at WW.

In closing, I dont buy the myth that he carried his power with him (at least not all of it). and even if he did, Is it far fetched to suggest a 5'7 man with the same body mechanics hits harder than the 4'11 teenager?
Duran had awesome power at 135..........He started as a little boy at 118.........

He didn't have any concussive power at 154 or 160...........As poor old Davey found..

Yet Manny goes from 108 -140 and completely destroys Hatton rocking him with every punch he threw..........

He is a one off.........

I agree with Moby.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Mon 28 Oct 2013, 1:32 pm

Torres had Cotto in worse shape than Manny did. Just not talented enough to capitalise.

Forrest had Mosely down and in a worse state than Manny too.

Mosely battered Marg into oblivion, Manny used him as a punch bag for 12 rounds but didn't ever get close to stopping him.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 28 Oct 2013, 1:33 pm

Forrest was a 154 champion..........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Mon 28 Oct 2013, 1:34 pm

He was 112lb as a 16 year old, you ignore this crucial fact to suit your wummery.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 28 Oct 2013, 1:34 pm

Duran grew eight inches did he?
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Mon 28 Oct 2013, 1:35 pm

Cotto had been badly hurt and almost stopped prior , from Torres, Judah shook him up.

Mosley had been much more badly hurt against Forrest, are u surprised Margarito had a broken orbital bone, he got the hell punched out of him.

You sound like a couple of Floyd fanboys trying to deride a rivals achievements.

Cheers Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 28 Oct 2013, 1:36 pm

kingraf wrote:Duran grew eight inches did he?
When Manny won the fly title was he 4ft 11.....

He grew seven inches after the age of 20........

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Mon 28 Oct 2013, 1:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Mon 28 Oct 2013, 1:37 pm

As knock out percentages go, Mayweather is only slightly behind Manny overall, and at LWW and above is probably better.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Mon 28 Oct 2013, 1:38 pm

Yeh but Manny demolsihed a 154lb fighter......Mosley hammered a 147 fighter.......and Mosley is a big Welter.

Manny is a small one and still did as much damage, just didn't "stop" him.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next