The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brandon Rios - Do us all a favor !!

+15
ShahenshahG
Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake
Hammersmith harrier
TopHat24/7
kingraf
huw
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Diamond in the rough
oxring
Scottrf
Strongback
mobilemaster8
Lumbering_Jack
Rodney
TRUSSMAN66
19 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Brandon Rios - Do us all a favor !! - Page 2 Empty Brandon Rios - Do us all a favor !!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 28 Oct 2013 - 10:40

First topic message reminder :

......and drop Manny for good.

I like Manny........I think he's hugely suspect........Never been a fighter in the game that puts on forty pounds and hits even harder...Duran, Spinks, Hearns, Mayweather didn't.....

Manny has been good for boxing...Exciting, Been in some good wars...........

What I don't like about Manny is that most of his followers are insane...........One look on youtube and it's the same d4 types editing interviews worse than the Foxnews channel, or taking Arum and other Mayweather haters words as gospel........

They seem obsessed with writing graffiti about Mayweather and can't give him credit for anything.........They seem like tragic types....and the shame is their mission in life is futile...............Marquez has seen to that..

They don't see that publishing Holmes saying Mayweather is scared can be anything but butter tripe...........after all Holmes hates other people getting the spotlight and credit and Holmes gave up the WBC because he was scared of Greg Page...........some of us remember Larry !!!

Manny can only redeem himself by beating Floyd.............The fight won't happen because his wally of a Promoter thinks he's worth 50/50 and Arum is only interested in bragging rights about how good a deal broker he is (Nunn-Barkley).........

So If Rios slaps Manny then that'll be the end of the nuthugging morons with a bit of luck and the end of the pitiful case that Manny deserves a space a long side Floyd in history.......

Come on Brandon.....Fight of your life please..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Brandon Rios - Do us all a favor !! - Page 2 Empty Re: Brandon Rios - Do us all a favor !!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 28 Oct 2013 - 13:39

mobilemaster8 wrote:Yeh but Manny demolsihed a 154lb fighter......Mosley hammered a 147 fighter.......and Mosley is a big Welter.

Manny is a small one and still did as much damage, just didn't "stop" him.

we are also talking about a freak who won the fly title at 20 ...108!!!.........and grew eight inches.........Wink 

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Brandon Rios - Do us all a favor !! - Page 2 Empty Re: Brandon Rios - Do us all a favor !!

Post by Lumbering_Jack Mon 28 Oct 2013 - 13:41

Talk about clutching at straws. Marg was nothing more than a shop worn punch bag when he faced Manny, at 150 if I remember correctly.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Mon 28 Oct 2013 - 13:42

What makes you think Mosley is a big welter ?

He campaigned at lightweight for a large portion of he's career.

Cheers Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 28 Oct 2013 - 13:42

Plenty people grow late... Dennis Rodman?
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Mon 28 Oct 2013 - 13:43

Yeh for the WBC title which now declares Manny an 8 weight "world champion".......at 151lbs

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 28 Oct 2013 - 13:44

Mayweather just won it at 150...
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Mon 28 Oct 2013 - 13:44

Depends how you measure power.

I would measure it on knocking someone out/down. You want to look at facial damage.

Cotto stopped Marg on facial damage, you must surely agree he punches harder than Manny?

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Mon 28 Oct 2013 - 13:44

He has always been known as a big welter, often coming in at over 150lbs on the night.

Mayweath came in at 148lbs om fight night against him, pacquiao around the same if not less, Mosley tends to whack on 5-7lbs easy. So he comes in at 153ish...nearly LMW, and punches like a Poopie house.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Mon 28 Oct 2013 - 13:45

Yes king, but Mayweather had also won it twice at 154 against the regular champions in Cotto and Hoya......something Pacquiao didn't achieve.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 28 Oct 2013 - 13:47

There is late and there is late..........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Mon 28 Oct 2013 - 13:48

Cotto stopped marg by punching his already "pacquiao" damaged Orbital socket yes.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 28 Oct 2013 - 13:48

So was there a physical problem with getting there one more time, MM8? Or do you regard the Canelo victory as only a "world title"?
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 28 Oct 2013 - 13:51

So now you're questioning his growth spurt as well?
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Mon 28 Oct 2013 - 13:54

Id agree that it was only a "world title" bearing in mind he was fighting a HUGE LMW. On fight night he weighed over 15lbs more than Mayweather, nearly 2 weight divisions.

His victories over Hoya and Cotto at 154lbs were good victories and as such, he can declare he won the title there.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Mon 28 Oct 2013 - 13:55

mobilemaster8 wrote:Cotto stopped marg by punching his already "pacquiao" damaged Orbital socket yes.
vomit 

Ok Truss Jnr.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Mon 28 Oct 2013 - 13:57

Wasn't that the reason for the fight being stopped Lumbering?

Im almost 110% sure it was to do with his eye.....the eye which Pacquiao nearly punched out of his head.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 28 Oct 2013 - 13:57

on fight night, Margarito out weighed Pacquiao by 17lbs.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Mon 28 Oct 2013 - 14:00

Good for him, but he was never a threat or even in the top ten

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 28 Oct 2013 - 14:03

beat that guy, Cotto, and uh... Martinez... Compared to Alvarez who munched, you know Hatton, and Like, Josesito...
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Mon 28 Oct 2013 - 14:21

what? Shocked 

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Mon 28 Oct 2013 - 14:25

mobilemaster8 wrote:Wasn't that the reason for the fight being stopped Lumbering?

Im almost 110% sure it was to do with his eye.....the eye which Pacquiao nearly punched out of his head.
Yeah, Manny beat him twice.

vomit 

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 28 Oct 2013 - 14:28

Margarito beat Cotto and Sergio Martinez... yet he wasn't (according to you) a threat. Alvarez beat an old Mosley, Matty Hatton and Josesito... DeLa Hoya's last win was two years before he faced Floyd.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 28 Oct 2013 - 14:31

meant one win in three years
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Mon 28 Oct 2013 - 14:49

kingraf wrote:Margarito beat Cotto and Sergio Martinez... yet he wasn't (according to you) a threat. Alvarez beat an old Mosley, Matty Hatton and Josesito... DeLa Hoya's last win was two years before he faced Floyd.
When did he beat Cotto and Martinez mate?

Exactly.

Who had he beat before Pacquiao at LMW in order to fight for the WBC Title?

Oh yeh, he fought Cotto in 08 and im pretty sure it was over 10 years ago that he beat Martinez? Correct?

He then got his arse handed to him against Mosley and then went into a ban for wraps before the fight.

After said ban, he fought in mexico against a no name fighter in which he won a UD over 10 round.

That constitutes a fight with Pacquiao for the title...............cheers.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Mon 28 Oct 2013 - 14:51

kingraf wrote:Margarito beat Cotto and Sergio Martinez... yet he wasn't (according to you) a threat. Alvarez beat an old Mosley, Matty Hatton and Josesito... DeLa Hoya's last win was two years before he faced Floyd.
Alvarez was considered Mayweathers toughest test.

Id agree that he wasn't, but im not the general boxing public, just one of millions mate.

Did he deserve it? No.

He fought Hatton for the vacant WBC title........no better than Pacquiaos fight for the same title.

Saying that, at least it was at 154 I suppose boxing 

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 28 Oct 2013 - 14:53

Mosley has always been a small welterweight, 152lbs is very small for the weight, he's often been the smaller man but extremely strong. Seeing Mayweather outmuscle him was just as suspicious as Manny knocking Hatton out.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 28 Oct 2013 - 14:54

Alvarez won his title at a catch weight too.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Mon 28 Oct 2013 - 15:02

Wouldn't say he outmuscled him, hammer. Id say age played a bit of a part against Mosley in the later rounds. Namely 5 onwards. May have been different had it been back in 03-04.

didn't know Alvarez won at a catchweight, my bad.

However, he defended against Trout which is ok i suppose.

I never thought he deserved a shot at Floyd.....why did many even consider him his biggest test out of interest??

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 28 Oct 2013 - 15:09

because they said
1) he comes in at 300lbs fght night
2) he beat Mosley
3) he is Floyd's biggest pay day
4) he beat Trout (debatable) who beat Cotto, who won four rounds off Mayweather.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake Mon 28 Oct 2013 - 15:23

By all accounts Hatton's training camp for the Pacquiao fight was an absolute car crash and I reckon his out of ring antics finally caught up with him hence the brutal KO.

Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Mon 28 Oct 2013 - 15:25

Good logic King. Seems to be the general theory these days from fans and promoters alike. Shame really because id rather have seen Mayweather vs Martinez at 154lbs.

He deserves it more than Saul.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 28 Oct 2013 - 15:38

Martinez is probably the name to watch in 2014, for some reason everybody wants them some Maravilla.
Quillin
Canelo
Cotto
Golovkin

think people are smelling blood re: Martinez given his injuries + Age
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Mon 28 Oct 2013 - 16:13

Yeh true.

I do think, however, that of the list above do fight him and win, that there will be the old "he was past it" line coming out.

Rightfully so.

Saying that, if he stays injury free once his op, he could have a few major fights and you never know, could demolish Cotto and say Quillin.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 28 Oct 2013 - 16:29

Martinez is the name to watch early 2014..........Fights someone with a pulse it's all over..

He's finished.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 28 Oct 2013 - 16:35

Pity Murray didn't get the nod before everyone realised that. Would have made his career and set him up for life.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 28 Oct 2013 - 16:41

mobilemaster8 wrote:Yeh true.

I do think, however, that of the list above do fight him and win, that there will be the old "he was past it" line coming out.

Rightfully so.

Saying that, if he stays injury free once his op, he could have a few major fights and you never know, could demolish Cotto and say Quillin.
Easy to slag off any victory...........Especially If you like Manny.............

Mosley past it but amazingly recovered for the Manny fight..

Ha ha That was a d4 classic..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 28 Oct 2013 - 16:54

wasn't hatton wobbled by Lazcano prior to his manny fight? Mayweather may have started the rot - that knockout was 10% manny's power and 90% Hattons lack of defense. Manny has kept his speed up the weights but he hasn't really gone up in weight - just cut his weight less prior to each fight. He's always weighed in around 140+ in ring. So I would argue that as his opponents increased in size his knockout power has been shown to be above average with most of the damage done by his excellent workrate.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 28 Oct 2013 - 16:56

Your opinion on Martinez is pretty fluid, Truss...

www.606v2.com/t47903-should-floyd-try-to-bag-martinez-next?highlight=Martinez+Mayweather

gave Sergio a chance to beat Mayweather six weeks ago... Now hes past it. Been off to visit him in that timeline, then? Then again your opinion of a fighter seems indelibly linked to whether or not they are facing Mayweather
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 28 Oct 2013 - 17:01

Has a chance as he's so much bigger..........

I still say he's past it........I did then..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 28 Oct 2013 - 17:08

I mispoke, you didnt give him a chance - you said you would pick him... and your thread clearly states "logistically it is a boxing match rather than a huge middle mauling him"
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Mon 28 Oct 2013 - 22:14

Fight would have been great when Manny was on form. Both fighters were heads and tails above the rest. Now While Floyd still looks sharp, Manny looks on the decline so the fight would just be enough Floyd show.

No matter how good Floyd is and how good he will be remembered by, the Manny fight will allways be a chink in his legacy and if he had taken on an in form Pacman and beat him then his legacy really would have been then bit more golden.

Yes you could say Floyd is a victim of his own success because when you are that good, your challenges rise... and people want to see you with the BEST to see how competitive it is.

I think Floyd has generally chosen to protect his 0 than completely rise to those challenges which he may have won anyway...

It will always be a disappointment that he did not fight Manny which everyone knows was the fight that should have been... too late now and while I gave Manny a good chance then he would get stopped now I think, thats if he manages to beat Rios.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Diamond in the rough Mon 28 Oct 2013 - 22:28

I always think if mayweather beat manny at start of 2010 after cotto, people would've said less than 2 years ago he struggled against Marquez at super featherweight and was a blown up SFW who beat Diaz (not very good) oscar (weight drained) hatton (Floyd's left overs) cotto (catch weight just got destroyed by marg)! So them not fighting has greatly enhanced mannys reputation! Not saying all of the above are 100% true but people would've brought them up and if Floyd did win the win would've been down played as 1 or all of the above and been classed as a good not great win

Diamond in the rough

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Tue 29 Oct 2013 - 8:54

Scottrf wrote:How can one fight be a trend? Cotto and Margarito weren't just surviving. He teed off on them for 12 rounds each without a knockdown.
Without wishing to be a pedant that's not true - he knocked Cotto down in the 3rd, then he nearly knocked him out in the 4th - only the fact the knock down came so close to the bell saved Cotto from being finished off. He then went into survival mode for the rest of the fight.

And I really can't see Rios beating manny unless he has significantly deteriorated. Manny may not be at his 2010 peak, but I think he'll have more than enough speed & power to deal with a slugger like Rios. It's technicians like JMM that give manny grief, I reckon this fight will be David Diaz all over again.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Tue 29 Oct 2013 - 9:14

Scott....you nerd to re-watch the Cotto fight if you don't think there was a knockdown.

There was two. One in the third which dropped him.

Then one in the 4th that nearly knocked him out.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 29 Oct 2013 - 9:44

Mm8, no need to call scott a nerd.

I think it's pretty clear that manny hits pretty hard. I also think its naive to not be a little suspicious at his rise through the weights. Though I do think you can apply the same principle to mayweather and others.

However, I'm not sure about the hatton fight defining manny's freakish power. Hatton's great chin? He was dropped my magee and wobbled a few times in his career. Certainly he took what big punching, if past his best, Tszyu chucked his way,  but whether it was being shop worn or just increased class of opposition, you can say he showed signs of deteriorating punch resistance: out on his feet in the last against powder puff collazo, ko'd by mayweather, shaken by lazcano... The last 2 back to back in the run up to the pac fight.

He was out of his depth against a prime pac. The fact he got sparked isn't down to manny's freakish power. Which other fights have shown not to be the case. Manny hits plenty hard and fast, hatton wasn't iron chinned at that stage of his career, and his camp was apparently pretty awful.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 29 Oct 2013 - 10:26

I see our friend is at it again..

"The return of the greatest fighter of his generation"

"Rios is the toughest fight out there for anybody"

"Rios has never lost to a fighter who fights like Manny..Making him very dangerous.."

"Rumors from America (somewhere he's never been) Has it that Canelo was completely weight drained..

Would you get life or compensation for killing this T*T........

Ever grateful to Windy for kicking him off here..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 29 Oct 2013 - 10:38

Margarita hit Pacquiao with a lot of shots. It was a clear win for Manny but there were a few more miles on the clock after that fight.

Freddie Roach said after Manny KO'd Hatton that it wasn't a great win because Hatton just wasn't very good.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 29 Oct 2013 - 10:39

If Freddie Roach said it..........If Mcguigan said it.......If Boxrec has him............If Mee said it.......

I'm not interested in your stupid subjective quotes..............

It's all you have Son...............

Hatton was a top fighter...........Who happens to be English........another reason for you to hate him.

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Tue 29 Oct 2013 - 10:41; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : .)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Tue 29 Oct 2013 - 11:04

Hahaha D4 at it again on JA Truss?

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 29 Oct 2013 - 11:06

In fairness he'd make a great friend Moby.......

"Those 50 girls that just turned you down.....They've got no taste"

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next