The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Graham Henry in talks with Leicester Tigers

4 posters

Go down

Graham Henry in talks with Leicester Tigers Empty Graham Henry in talks with Leicester Tigers

Post by nathan Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:43 am

So Peter Wheeler (the actual one and not the forum member on here) has been in talks with Graham Henry for a possible consultant role with the leicester tigers. Someone for Richard Cockerill to bounce idea's off.

from reading the article sounds like other H-Cup teams are after his services too but hopefully we can secure his services. What are your thoughts on this, money well spent?

Thisisleicestershire

nathan

Back to top Go down

Graham Henry in talks with Leicester Tigers Empty Re: Graham Henry in talks with Leicester Tigers

Post by LondonTiger Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:30 pm

Cockerill said that any deal with the New Zealander would be strictly on a non-coaching basis.

"He would not coach the side but could advise me, speak to me and mentor me, if that is the right word.
But if I can catch up with him for a week or so, he can come here to see what we do here and we can chew the fat."

Some selected quotes. Looks like Cockers wants someone he can bounce a few ideas of. Personally I am ambivalent to teh idea, but if Cockers fiels it will help his development as a coach then fine. Just so long as he keeps saying things as he sees them and does not retreat into that "mediaspeak" that Henry did.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Graham Henry in talks with Leicester Tigers Empty Re: Graham Henry in talks with Leicester Tigers

Post by Metal Tiger Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:41 pm

I guess you have to take into consideration that Cockers came into the coaching role at Welford as a caretaker after having only been a forwards coach and not a head coach.

He has done a good job which is why he was made permanent but in his mind he knows he has some gaps in his CV.

Henry may well be of help to cockers in that respect but I don't really want him anywhere near the team... as that sends out the wrong signals I think.
Metal Tiger
Metal Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:32 pm

After reading the Cockerill comments, I must admit that a similar thought had crossed my mind with regards to coaches at a National level for both England, Wales and Scotland, where we are all likely to have foreign coaches for the foreseeable four years.

It would be great for those coaches to have a protege of their countries origin to coach into the role for after their contract finishes.

This could be a great move for Leicester, Henry is a fantastic coach.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down