The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who do you actually want to Win at WrestleMania?

+25
paulscholes
theundisputedY2D2
Crimey
A Fine Folk.
NickisBHAFC
Ent
Bull
Samo
Dr Gregory House MD
Fernando
legendkillar
longrangeeffort
boomdangle
uberkiwi
psycho-gooner
nasisillmatic
Don Caboose
Danny Balboa 316
Shot 21 LCFC
sodhat
Miz NG
Mr H
Kay Fabe
Brady12
westisbest
29 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Who do you actually want to Win at WrestleMania?

Who do you actually want to Win at WrestleMania? Vote_lcap55%Who do you actually want to Win at WrestleMania? Vote_rcap 55% 
[ 32 ]
Who do you actually want to Win at WrestleMania? Vote_lcap45%Who do you actually want to Win at WrestleMania? Vote_rcap 45% 
[ 26 ]

Total Votes : 58

Poll closed

Who do you actually want to Win at WrestleMania? Empty Who do you actually want to Win at WrestleMania?

Post by Guest Thu 01 Dec 2011, 12:25 pm

Who do you actually want to win in the main event at WrestleMania?

Back to top Go down

Who do you actually want to Win at WrestleMania? Empty Re: Who do you actually want to Win at WrestleMania?

Post by Guest Thu 01 Dec 2011, 12:26 pm

I went Cena as I personally I am getting bored with the whole Rock gimmick!

Back to top Go down

Who do you actually want to Win at WrestleMania? Empty Re: Who do you actually want to Win at WrestleMania?

Post by Guest Thu 01 Dec 2011, 12:50 pm

At least people are voiting, any reasons behind the votes??

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Thu 01 Dec 2011, 12:57 pm

Rock.

Dont like Cena.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Thu 01 Dec 2011, 1:09 pm

I'm going with Cena.... Your top star should be going over against someone who's essentially a Hollywood actor otherwise your company has zero credibility

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 01 Dec 2011, 1:11 pm

For me it doesn't matter who I like the most, it's about what makes the most sense from a story line prespective and if a Cena win makes more sense from a booking point of view, be it a heel turn or not then it would be best if he went over.

Rock looks like a star
Rock sounds like a star
Rock acts like a star
Rock carries himself like a star

He's got attitude, style and swagger

Cena doesn't possess any of those attributes

He does have an unquivering will to succeed though which in itself is admirable

In a one off match with no consequences then I think it'd be good to see Rock win, but froma booking prespective you ideally want the guy whose going to be around to get the benefit of the win to be the guy who does get the win, be it with a heel turn or not.

I can see a massive CM Punk/John Cena feud next year and for me it would mean so much more if Cena is victorious over Rocky

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu 01 Dec 2011, 1:15 pm

I voted Cena. Whether he's heel going into the match or not, he will be a heel during the match. He'll get more heat than anyone other legitimate heel on the night. I want Cena to win, and i think he will win.

By the way AntLord, and i hope you are ready for this, but good article.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Miz NG Thu 01 Dec 2011, 1:16 pm

It's a pity there wasn't a third option, which is neither (eg double count out). I think WWE are painting themselves into a corner with this match, but I suppose it depends on how it's booked. I don't think Cena will come out of this as he does in his other high profile matches. It's all too Rock-centric.

Miz NG

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu 01 Dec 2011, 1:23 pm

I think Cena has to win, otherwise what next? The Rock beats the 'Man' and goes back to acting. No one could legitimately claim to be the Man after that...seems crazy to even entertain that thought, legend though Rock is.

I think the only way Cena can lose is if he turns heel and beats the Rock down badly after the match. Otherwise it's a pointless exercise that shows the fans nothing more than the Rock beats the best of this generation (and by implication, this generation sucks).

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Thu 01 Dec 2011, 1:24 pm

I voted Cena for reasons mentioned by Brady, Gaffer, Mr H and Sodhat.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Thu 01 Dec 2011, 1:25 pm

Mr H wrote:I voted Cena. Whether he's heel going into the match or not, he will be a heel during the match. He'll get more heat than anyone other legitimate heel on the night. I want Cena to win, and i think he will win.

I think he started it out as a urine take & has accidentally stumbled on something

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Balboa 316 Thu 01 Dec 2011, 1:30 pm

Voted Rock( hard to vote against a childhood hero)

But I agree, If Cena turned heel and it was right for the business, he should win

Danny Balboa 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Caboose Thu 01 Dec 2011, 1:33 pm

Seeing as Rocky is one of my absolute favourites, second only to Sting maybe, I had to vote for him.

But honestly the match result is secondary to the atmosphere and fallout of the match itself. I'd actually be happy with either result as long as it ends in Cena turning and beating the ever loving s**t of Rocky.

I firmly believe that if Wrestlemania 28 ends with Cena standing over a bloodied and beaten Rocky soaking in the boos and wolf whistles with a smile on his face, the WWE will have that rarest of beasts, a multi-year storyline that can reignite interest.

Don Caboose

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 01 Dec 2011, 1:37 pm

Shot 21 LCFC wrote:I voted Cena for reasons mentioned by Brady, Gaffer, Mr H and Sodhat.
Despite what I said, I voted Rock

Cena is such a goof I just can't ever see myself wanting him to win plus he's so damn unrealistic to watch, but..... I'd rather something was booked better long term than one short term pop

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Balboa 316 Thu 01 Dec 2011, 1:41 pm

[quote=" I firmly believe that if Wrestlemania 28 ends with Cena standing over a bloodied and beaten Rocky soaking in the boos and wolf whistles with a smile on his face, the WWE will have that rarest of beasts, a multi-year storyline that can reignite interest.[/quote]

This is a great idea but I cant see old Rocky allowing it to happen, Not without coming back at a later date and cleanly beating Cena.

Danny Balboa 316

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Thu 01 Dec 2011, 1:42 pm

I would say it is even as long as there is no title on the line.

I want Cena to win and he should, but if done correctly a Rocky win could be a good thing for Cena to turn heel.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho-gooner Thu 01 Dec 2011, 1:45 pm

There isn't going to be a heel turn. Chances it's gonna be like any other Cena match where he takes most of the bumps and eventually makes the Rock tap out

psycho-gooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Balboa 316 Thu 01 Dec 2011, 1:54 pm

psycho-gooner wrote:There isn't going to be a heel turn. Chances it's gonna be like any other Cena match where he takes most of the bumps and eventually makes the Rock tap out

Personally I think the Heel turn is a dead cert to happen.

If they were just gonna hand Rock the win and use him to help sell Wrestlemania, they could have announced this match after the rumble.. It seems to me they are clearly building the heat from the crowd so a Cena turn gets maximum impact.

Danny Balboa 316

Back to top Go down

Post by uberkiwi Thu 01 Dec 2011, 1:55 pm

I guess it depends if they are going for a 'Wrestlemania moment' or setting up a future storyline for Cena (Lets be honest Rock will disappear afterwards).

As of this moment I couldnt say either way.

uberkiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by boomdangle Thu 01 Dec 2011, 1:59 pm

Agree with the gaffer, of course the rock to win would be cool but for stroylines and the future then it has to be Cena. They can either go with the i remained true to myself and overcome therefore retaining the cena cash cow or turn him heel and say he ahs had enough. It just makes more sense.

But this is the modern day WWE so sense goes out the window short term gains trump the long term sound planning.

boomdangle

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu 01 Dec 2011, 2:01 pm

Sounds ridiculous but i think Cena gets more heat being a babyface than he would if he was a full on heel. Thing is if he carries on getting these negative crowd reactions i dont think the WWE can hold off much longer, they cant have their number one babyface getting more heat than most heels every week. I think the turn is imminent, i hope they hold it off til Mania but given the exposure they gave the whole thing on Piper's Pit i wouldnt be surprised if they teased it in the coming weeks.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Dec 2011, 2:03 pm

Mr H wrote:I voted Cena. Whether he's heel going into the match or not, he will be a heel during the match. He'll get more heat than anyone other legitimate heel on the night. I want Cena to win, and i think he will win.

Thanks, I actually tried with this one Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Caboose Thu 01 Dec 2011, 2:06 pm

Danny Balboa 316 wrote:[quote="] I firmly believe that if Wrestlemania 28 ends with Cena standing over a bloodied and beaten Rocky soaking in the boos and wolf whistles with a smile on his face, the WWE will have that rarest of beasts, a multi-year storyline that can reignite interest.

This is a great idea but I cant see old Rocky allowing it to happen, Not without coming back at a later date and cleanly beating Cena.[/quote]

Well I had read rumours that The Rock was signed for next year's Summerslam too. If so you could have Cena in full blown Heel mode by then, and serve up a tag team Main Event, Rock and Punk (Outspoken Cool guys) Vs Cena and HHH (WWE Corporate) as a crude example. Rocky gets a chance to get his hands on Cena for revenge, without Cena having to eat a pinfall. Rocky goes off to Hollywood again, and Cena can start his slow build to challenging Undertaker's streak.

Thats just me fantasy booking though.

Don Caboose

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Balboa 316 Thu 01 Dec 2011, 2:12 pm

Mr H wrote:Sounds ridiculous but i think Cena gets more heat being a babyface than he would if he was a full on heel. Thing is if he carries on getting these negative crowd reactions i dont think the WWE can hold off much longer, they cant have their number one babyface getting more heat than most heels every week. I think the turn is imminent, i hope they hold it off til Mania but given the exposure they gave the whole thing on Piper's Pit i wouldnt be surprised if they teased it in the coming weeks.

IMO they should definately hold off until mania...Have him maintain his "here every week doing it for the fans" image but getting increasingly frustrated with the reaction he gets.. have him lose clean to the Rock at Mania and then snap and attack the great one.

He could then go on to cost CM Punk the title, to take him further over as a heel, and lay the foundations of a Punk/Cena feud for the remainder of the year.

Danny Balboa 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Balboa 316 Thu 01 Dec 2011, 2:15 pm

Don Caboose wrote:
Danny Balboa 316 wrote:[quote="] I firmly believe that if Wrestlemania 28 ends with Cena standing over a bloodied and beaten Rocky soaking in the boos and wolf whistles with a smile on his face, the WWE will have that rarest of beasts, a multi-year storyline that can reignite interest.

This is a great idea but I cant see old Rocky allowing it to happen, Not without coming back at a later date and cleanly beating Cena.

Well I had read rumours that The Rock was signed for next year's Summerslam too. If so you could have Cena in full blown Heel mode by then, and serve up a tag team Main Event, Rock and Punk (Outspoken Cool guys) Vs Cena and HHH (WWE Corporate) as a crude example. Rocky gets a chance to get his hands on Cena for revenge, without Cena having to eat a pinfall. Rocky goes off to Hollywood again, and Cena can start his slow build to challenging Undertaker's streak.

Thats just me fantasy booking though.[/quote]

It would work for me..

Danny Balboa 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu 01 Dec 2011, 2:19 pm

Speaking of fantasy booking, im getting the itch to have a crack at one again, any ideas? CM Punk vs The Undertaker at Wrestlemania perhaps....

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu 01 Dec 2011, 2:21 pm

Don Caboose wrote:
Danny Balboa 316 wrote:[quote="] I firmly believe that if Wrestlemania 28 ends with Cena standing over a bloodied and beaten Rocky soaking in the boos and wolf whistles with a smile on his face, the WWE will have that rarest of beasts, a multi-year storyline that can reignite interest

Thats just me fantasy booking though.

Seems like a legitimately good way to work it for me, Don. I can't see the use in having the Rock score a pinfall over any legitimate top guy if he is going away again -- HHH on the other hand could take the pin for Cena and it would damage him none.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 01 Dec 2011, 2:34 pm

I think we'll see more of Rock over the next few years to be honest, it's clear he's got the bug back but it's just a part of who he is, if Rock faces Cena more than once and doesn't doesn't beat him then it totally dilutes any future feuds and comebacks

If there is one guy who doesn't need protected from a loss it's John Cena, especially when that loss is to a guy who is one of the most famous Wrestlers of all time, a guy who isn't over the hill and is at his physical peak, it's not like he's some ordinary Hollywood A lister like Hugh Jackman or Gerald Butler or even someone like Samuel L Jackson, it's one of Pro Wrestlings biggest ever names who looks in the shape of his life

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Dec 2011, 2:37 pm

Im really surpirsed that it is at 50-50%.

I thought a lot of people would simply choose the Rock

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 01 Dec 2011, 2:43 pm

Why did you do the poll then if you thought you already knew the result

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by longrangeeffort Thu 01 Dec 2011, 2:50 pm

I voted Rock as that is who I want to win.

However, that isnt who i think should win. I think Cena should win and preferably as an angry heel. But even as a face he should win as i'm guessing this is supposed to be Rock "passing the baton".

Still want Rock to win though even if it isnt the most logical outcome!

I do have a feeling that the match wont end with a simple 1-2-3. Something will happen either just before or just after or both as a surprise...no idea what though.

longrangeeffort

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Thu 01 Dec 2011, 2:51 pm

I want a Cena victory.

I just hope that from now on in he can build some momentum so a heel turn would generate such heat and that would be seen as a monumental moment in WWE history. I am getting annoyed with superstars coming out and trying to win or gain support for Cena.

I am somehow still believe that the WWE will Holly Wilaboobie this one up

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Dec 2011, 2:55 pm

the-gaffer wrote:Why did you do the poll then if you thought you already knew the result

I never said I knew the answer, anyway it would have been wrong....

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 01 Dec 2011, 3:11 pm

It depends how long the rock plans to stick around after this for me, if he going to stick around until say summerslam or survivor series then id be tempted for the rock to win.

If not going to stick around have a ref bump and cena go nuts with a chair on rock that wouldn't go down well in Miami be a good start for a heel turn.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Thu 01 Dec 2011, 3:23 pm

Simply has to be Cena, imagine if TNA put a semi retired wrestler/actor over there top guy at the Bound for Glory main event as culmination to a year long storyline, there would be outrage

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Dec 2011, 3:25 pm

Dr Gregory House MD wrote:Simply has to be Cena, imagine if TNA put a semi retired wrestler/actor over there top guy at the Bound for Glory main event as culmination to a year long storyline, there would be outrage

I love watching TNA but wouldn't put it past them to do that....

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Thu 01 Dec 2011, 3:32 pm

Even if Cena does turn heel at or before Wreslemania I would still have him go cleanly over The Rock, there is no long term gain from making the Rock look the better of this generations top star, for me it would give far more credibility to a heel Cena if he proves himself (yet again) and the crowd are still on his back

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu 01 Dec 2011, 3:33 pm

Dr Gregory House MD wrote:Simply has to be Cena, imagine if TNA put a semi retired wrestler/actor over there top guy at the Bound for Glory main event as culmination to a year long storyline, there would be outrage

How many other semi retired wrestler/actors are near the level of the Rock? Infact, how many ACTIVE wrestlers are near the level of the Rock?

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Thu 01 Dec 2011, 3:38 pm

Samo wrote:

How many other semi retired wrestler/actors are near the level of the Rock? Infact, how many ACTIVE wrestlers are near the level of the Rock?

Thats irrelevent for me, in wrestling where you can obviously control the outcomes of winners and matches there should obviously be some thought put into the ramifications of the winners and losers of each match, sure The Rock winning would be lovely for those who dislike Cena but it would be detrimental to the entire generation if The Rock could step back into the ring after 8 years away and defeat John Cena.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Balboa 316 Thu 01 Dec 2011, 3:42 pm

How many other semi retired wrestler/actors are near the level of the Rock? Infact, how many ACTIVE wrestlers are near the level of the Rock?.

I agree with this..The tag match at Survivor Series was put in place to demonstrate that The Rock is still in great shape and more than capable of beating John Cena IMO

Danny Balboa 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu 01 Dec 2011, 3:52 pm

Dr Gregory House MD wrote:
Samo wrote:

Thats irrelevent for me, in wrestling where you can obviously control the outcomes of winners and matches there should obviously be some thought put into the ramifications of the winners and losers of each match, sure The Rock winning would be lovely for those who dislike Cena but it would be detrimental to the entire generation if The Rock could step back into the ring after 8 years away and defeat John Cena.

Im not saying that I want to Rock to win, on the contrary, I want Cena to win, it would do him better, and makes the most sense. I was argueing that your point about TNA doing the same was silly, because there are no other wrestler/actors that come anywhere close to the Rock ever has. If TNA managed to get the Rock then it would be the coup of the centuary, but they wont, so whos next on the semi retired actor/wrestlers? Roddy Piper? That WOULD cause outrage.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu 01 Dec 2011, 3:54 pm

Now im being thick. Im trying to set up a poll in an article but have never done it before and am having trouble. Can someone give me an idiots guide on how to do it please?!

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Caboose Thu 01 Dec 2011, 3:54 pm

Samo wrote:

I agree. After watching Survivor Series, its pretty apparent that Rock moves better in the ring than most of the roster seeing as Cena, Miz and Truth are three of the bigger names in the WWE at the moment. Also, Rock went away while at his peak, he's not like a Hogan in decline in 2002 or even HBK coming back from a career injury. Rock was healthy up until the day he stopped. And seeing as he was one of the kayfabe greatest all time, it's not outside the realms of possibility that he can still go with the best. Besides the match up is as much about the mind games going on as the physical encounter, so Rocky keeping up with Cena could be simply explained as Rock having psyched out Cena. This would of course play into the finish as well as the build the WWE has apparently started that Cena is starting to crack under all the expectation.

Now obviously Rock shouldn't be squashing Cena or winning clean. Its simple enough to tell a story that Cena is willing to do everything in the rules to put Rock away, but Rocky still has the heart of a lion, and most importantly Rock uses a couple of cheap tricks to stay in the match, and keeps kicking out or making the ropes and it's at this point you go one of two ways:

A) Cena gets frustrated and slightly over aggressive, he underestimates Rocky and loses on a roll up or out of nowhere Rock Bottom. Post match Cena can't take it, goes nuts and destroys the Rock.

or

B) Cena gets increasingly aggressive until he flat out beats the hell out of Rocky with a chair or something ala Austin at WM17 but without any interference. Cena gets the win.

Don Caboose

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Thu 01 Dec 2011, 3:55 pm

Danny Balboa 316 wrote:
How many other semi retired wrestler/actors are near the level of the Rock? Infact, how many ACTIVE wrestlers are near the level of the Rock?.

I agree with this..The tag match at Survivor Series was put in place to demonstrate that The Rock is still in great shape and more than capable of beating John Cena IMO

Yes he is in great shape, he may be the greatest opponent Cena has ever faced (Im trying to think whithin the kayfabe realms of WWE) it wouldn't be much of a selling point if Rocky was way off the pace but on the night I feel Cena has to be that little bit better, The Rock may be great, he might be better than most, it might even be possible to say that in his prime he would have beaten Cena but on the night if Cena dosn't get the win it is baisically saying that the top guy of this era isn't at the same level as the top guy from 8 years ago

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Dec 2011, 3:58 pm

Mr H wrote:Now im being thick. Im trying to set up a poll in an article but have never done it before and am having trouble. Can someone give me an idiots guide on how to do it please?!

You need to fill out a post as normal then the poll bit at the bottom, you need a line break between each answer in the poll though Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Thu 01 Dec 2011, 4:01 pm

Samo wrote:
Samo wrote:

Im not saying that I want to Rock to win, on the contrary, I want Cena to win, it would do him better, and makes the most sense. I was argueing that your point about TNA doing the same was silly, because there are no other wrestler/actors that come anywhere close to the Rock ever has. If TNA managed to get the Rock then it would be the coup of the centuary, but they wont, so whos next on the semi retired actor/wrestlers? Roddy Piper? That WOULD cause outrage.

Point taken Samo I was just meaning that people often pan TNA (and rightly so) for it's willingness to push older guys and failure to create stars but want WWE to put The Rock, who if used correctly will give Cena massive cred and make some $$$$ at the same time, to go over and baisically say Attitude era>this era

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Balboa 316 Thu 01 Dec 2011, 4:02 pm

Although I do agree with this, If a Face Cena beats The Rock clean at Mania, I cant see anything other than a " passing of the Baton" love in similar to Rock-Hogan at wrestlemania x8.....where does Cena go from there?

Danny Balboa 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Thu 01 Dec 2011, 4:03 pm

guess who i voted for my self Wink

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu 01 Dec 2011, 4:03 pm

Point taken Samo I was just meaning that people often pan TNA (and rightly so) for it's willingness to push older guys and failure to create stars but want WWE to put The Rock, who if used correctly will give Cena massive cred and make some $$$$ at the same time, to go over and baisically say Attitude era>this era

I agree, if Rock goes over Cena then its terrible booking. It wouldnt do either man any good, and it would help elevate Cena if he turns heel. Imagine being able to say "I beat the Rock at Wrestlemania!" Not many other people can. Trips and Austin are the only 2 I can think of.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Thu 01 Dec 2011, 4:12 pm

Cena to get the win, A swerve so rock turns heel.

We are treated to 3 months of Hollywood rock and a rematch with baton passing moment at summer slam.

Or would that damage rock/ team bring it too much?

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next