The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

+27
KiaRose
Adam D
Mickado
red_stag
HammerofThunor
Cymroglan
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Rava
Kenny
MBTGOG
PenfroPete
Suspicious lurker
Mrs Penfro
Luckless Pedestrian
Gibson
Pal Joey
Thomond
Notch
MrsP
Dave.
Mick(TEFC)
Glas a du
Cari
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
WillyGilly
prop_lyd
Ozzy3213
31 posters

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 20 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Guest Fri 02 Dec 2011, 6:45 pm

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to the Virtual Rugby Pub - a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no defacing pictures of Shane Williams above the bar!

So pull up a chair....what'll it be?

Ale cuppa coffee mug guinness cider raspberry RedWine Bubbly

Old Pub:https://www.606v2.com/t19107p950-the-dew-drop-inn-virtual-rugby-pub

Last edited by rugbydreamer on Wed 07 Dec 2011, 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 20 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by PenfroPete Wed 07 Dec 2011, 1:27 pm

FOR THOSE THINKING OF GETTING TICKETS FOR THE AMLIN

From the ERC site
"Tickets go on sale for the 2012 Amlin Challenge Cup final today at £25, £35, £45, and £80 for a group of four people. For supporters who have already bought Heineken Cup final tickets, a £10 discount is available on best category £35 and £45 Amlin Challenge Cup final tickets. This offer is for a limited time only."

However, from the Rugby Network - LINK

" The Etihad and LV Stands are long - blocks AA & AJ (Etihad) and FA & FJ (LV) reach out beyond the try-line but are still OK seats - especially higher up. Prices vary, being more expensive nearer the centre of course. The Eithad Stand contains the main public bar whereas the LV Stand contains the smaller Members' Clubhouse so if you are likely to need regular liquid refreshment and you're not a member then the Etihad is probably the stand for you.

Warning: Avoid the first four rows A-D, sold as 'restricted view'. The Etihad Stand is separated from the pitch by a walkway, and the low seats are suffer from people walking in front of you fetching beers and so on, the problem isn't as bad in the west because the walkway is much more narrow and the gates by the tunnel are closed for parts of the game.
"
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 20 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by PenfroPete Wed 07 Dec 2011, 1:47 pm

Ah bollix !!! Popped in to Kairdip Castle at the start of the week. They run a scheme whereby if you live or work in the city you can get free access to the Castle grounds, the Keep, self-guide rooms of the house, Wartime Shelters ..etc Very Happy

ME: What do you need to see to show I work in Kairdip ?
LADY: . A recent payslip and something (a letter from your employers ?) indicating you work in Kairdip.
ME: No photo ?
LADY: No

Grand I thought Stag can have free access when I get the pass and then any other future guests at Penfro Towers thumbsup
Went along today and they’ve got a feicin camera in the little ticket office – bar stewards furious
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Wed 07 Dec 2011, 1:50 pm

Mick(TEFC) wrote:

Correction, MrsP, Gibbo was not born, he was created(like the Forth Bridge etc)

Maintenance of Gibbo these days is every bit as difficult as maintaining the Forth Bridge. Finish at one end and he's ready for you to start again Wink
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Dec 2011, 1:50 pm

ah yeah you have to have a photo of you on your "key" that they give you Penfro, weird she said you didn't need one though!

And afternoon all, hope everyone's well Smile

Also - PM for Kia!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Wed 07 Dec 2011, 1:53 pm

Hi Penfrills! How're things mate Ale
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Wed 07 Dec 2011, 1:56 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:ah yeah you have to have a photo of you on your "key" that they give you Penfro, weird she said you didn't need one though!!
Ah but the cunning minx said I didn't need one because they take your mug-shot and it is 'sublimated' onto the access key, so there's no need to bring a photo and get it stuck onto a card. Oh well Crying or Very sad

RAV - Hug gearing up for a BIG weekend, 3 Heino games in 3 days. Making sure we have NO Martian chocolate in the house Wink Storee ?
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Wed 07 Dec 2011, 2:31 pm

Stag FB mail thumbsup
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed 07 Dec 2011, 2:31 pm

My brother just text me. He is in the Munster Rugby Store getting a few Christmas pressies and Donnacha Ryan was there buying Munster and Ireland shirts. You'd think he has one or two already wouldn't you.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed 07 Dec 2011, 2:32 pm

Glas - replied to it.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Wed 07 Dec 2011, 2:48 pm

Gone for a couple of big calls against the grain on SG - shoite or bust for me :eek:

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick(TEFC) Wed 07 Dec 2011, 3:00 pm

Ok just checked the outdoor fridge,to close it down; WHO brought the Toro Rosso, and do you want me to bring it back? Will be vintage, but cost you a fiver in excess luggage. Otherwise what can I do with it? can't pour it on the garden or down the drain.
Mick(TEFC)
Mick(TEFC)

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Wed 07 Dec 2011, 3:02 pm

If you have a moment on your hands, google image 'sapporo ice festival' - feicing amazing sculptures - I WANT TO GO TO JAPAN NOW! Well, no, actually after this weekend, just in case anyone reading this wants to take me...

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick(TEFC) Wed 07 Dec 2011, 3:04 pm

As,it's the same every year;doncha watch TV?
Mick(TEFC)
Mick(TEFC)

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 07 Dec 2011, 3:06 pm

I'd love to go to Japan if it wasn't for the hornets.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Wed 07 Dec 2011, 3:09 pm

Mick(TEFC) wrote:As,it's the same every year;doncha watch TV?
Nah, never seen that, but I don't watch a lot of TV

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick(TEFC) Wed 07 Dec 2011, 3:11 pm

RUGBY

Pat Lam is tipped to become the new head coach at SUAgen,at the end of the season. Deylaud and Lanta will be shown the door and Lam will arrive with a few recruits from Auckland.fostert(Chiefs) is also being considered, but he will probably join the AB staff.Now I know why Tignaud,SUA chairman, was at the RWC and didn't announce players,it's the Vern effect.
Mick(TEFC)
Mick(TEFC)

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Wed 07 Dec 2011, 3:15 pm

Asbo,

There is an Ice Cave in Alpe D'Huez that is sculpted on a different theme every year. It is on a much much smaller scale than that one in Japan but is amazing none the less.

Never seen a hornet there either!

Last edited by MrsP on Wed 07 Dec 2011, 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed 07 Dec 2011, 3:20 pm

It seems like a backwards step for Lam. Auckland Blues to Agen???
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Wed 07 Dec 2011, 3:29 pm

red_stag wrote:It seems like a backwards step for Lam. Auckland Blues to Agen???

Guess he's been told he won't get the n.z head coach job for a long time so is going for experience/nice pay package?!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed 07 Dec 2011, 3:31 pm

prop_lyd wrote:
red_stag wrote:It seems like a backwards step for Lam. Auckland Blues to Agen???

Guess he's been told he won't get the n.z head coach job for a long time so is going for experience/nice pay package?!

Sounds like it.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick(TEFC) Wed 07 Dec 2011, 3:39 pm

Nice pay,don't think so,but experience in a league with 14 clubs with real stability questions(promo/relegation), Inter-union competitions,different language skills,sounds interesting for an unknown in the NH.
Mick(TEFC)
Mick(TEFC)

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed 07 Dec 2011, 3:45 pm

Mick(TEFC) wrote:sounds interesting for an unknown in the NH.

Not that unknown. Pacific Islanders head coach, Scotland assistant coach, captained Northampton Saints and lifted the Heineken Cup as captain.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Wed 07 Dec 2011, 4:33 pm

This is a few days old now, so some may have already read it, but I've only just seen it and think it's very interesting reading...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/8931653/Will-Greenwood-Rugby-leagues-on-report-system-must-be-used-to-take-the-heat-out-of-spear-tackles-in-union.html
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick(TEFC) Wed 07 Dec 2011, 4:34 pm

Ask the average man on the street, and he'll say "Who?" ok PSA, Galthie,the Door,Kidney or even johnson, but credentials aren,t everything;and we don't even have strickly here laughing
Mick(TEFC)
Mick(TEFC)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick(TEFC) Wed 07 Dec 2011, 4:39 pm

I'll explain all that next weekend;I live in the @rse end of somewhere, but we know rubbby Hug
Mick(TEFC)
Mick(TEFC)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick(TEFC) Wed 07 Dec 2011, 4:41 pm

FFS,in 48 hours, I'll be...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBX2dySWGew

forgotten this...MAGIG...

Last edited by Mick(TEFC) on Wed 07 Dec 2011, 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mick(TEFC)
Mick(TEFC)

Back to top Go down

Post by offload Wed 07 Dec 2011, 4:42 pm

luckless_pedestrian wrote:I'd love to go to Japan if it wasn't for the hornets.

Sorry to eavesdrop......
About 50 people a year die from being stung by the Japanese Hornet - it's the most deadly animal in Japan. Your're very wise not to go there. I love karaoke, but I won't risk a visit. guinness
offload
offload

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 07 Dec 2011, 4:49 pm

Eavesdrop as often as you want, Offload, that's how I started here! OK

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 07 Dec 2011, 4:54 pm

Chef, I only got around to buying Band on the Run last year. Some great stuff on there.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick(TEFC) Wed 07 Dec 2011, 4:56 pm

Think it should be our weekend Anthem, lucky!!
Mick(TEFC)
Mick(TEFC)

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 07 Dec 2011, 4:59 pm

We could do a lot worse! Ale

I'm listening to the Kinks at the moment; how about this for a groove?

https://youtu.be/rOV3Ub1vUg4

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick(TEFC) Wed 07 Dec 2011, 5:08 pm

Love em, lucky.Village green pres is a blinder, and ray davis was the first to dare to talk/sing about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmsQd9F0My8&feature=related

grief,I used to look like that!!~ In fact sheet, I'd still love to!!
Mick(TEFC)
Mick(TEFC)

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Wed 07 Dec 2011, 5:08 pm

offload wrote:

Sorry to eavesdrop......
About 50 people a year die from being stung by the Japanese Hornet - it's the most deadly animal in Japan. Your're very wise not to go there. I love karaoke, but I won't risk a visit. guinness
But you gotta live a little dangerously now and again, offload?

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by offload Wed 07 Dec 2011, 5:12 pm

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:
offload wrote:

Sorry to eavesdrop......
But you gotta live a little dangerously now and again, offload?

I have a Dragons season ticket - I live life on the edge alright Wink
offload
offload

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Wed 07 Dec 2011, 5:14 pm

Laugh

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick(TEFC) Wed 07 Dec 2011, 5:16 pm

offload,can we tip you over the edge at Sandy Park-watch out there's gonna be a whole tribe of chiefs,probably more chiefs than indians(French saying)
Mick(TEFC)
Mick(TEFC)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Wed 07 Dec 2011, 5:16 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHxqASIdrs4&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 07 Dec 2011, 5:19 pm

Ray Davies is a hell of a songwriter, Chef. I saw him in concert in St David's Hall in Cardiff a few years ago, he was on song that day.

Hazell Terrace, Offload?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 07 Dec 2011, 5:24 pm

Euros Childs of Gorky's could pen a tune too, Glas. Some of his solo stuff is a bit wishy-washy, though.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Dec 2011, 5:28 pm

new pub on it's way shortly......

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick(TEFC) Wed 07 Dec 2011, 5:29 pm

wish washy?? Krap is the word that springs to mind.That stuff is puerile vomit
Mick(TEFC)
Mick(TEFC)

Back to top Go down

Post by offload Wed 07 Dec 2011, 5:30 pm

Started with Family Stand as my daughter like to come too.
offload
offload

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick(TEFC) Wed 07 Dec 2011, 5:30 pm

Sorry.Love testicular misik

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aizzH_JMU3c
Mick(TEFC)
Mick(TEFC)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20