The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

+27
KiaRose
Adam D
Mickado
red_stag
HammerofThunor
Cymroglan
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Rava
Kenny
MBTGOG
PenfroPete
Suspicious lurker
Mrs Penfro
Luckless Pedestrian
Gibson
Pal Joey
Thomond
Notch
MrsP
Dave.
Mick(TEFC)
Glas a du
Cari
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
WillyGilly
prop_lyd
Ozzy3213
31 posters

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 11 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Guest Fri 02 Dec 2011, 6:45 pm

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to the Virtual Rugby Pub - a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no defacing pictures of Shane Williams above the bar!

So pull up a chair....what'll it be?

Ale cuppa coffee mug guinness cider raspberry RedWine Bubbly

Old Pub:https://www.606v2.com/t19107p950-the-dew-drop-inn-virtual-rugby-pub

Last edited by rugbydreamer on Wed 07 Dec 2011, 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 11 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Glas a du Mon 05 Dec 2011, 2:27 pm

"what's got a hazelnut in every bite?"

Squirrel Poopie.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 11 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Mick(TEFC) Mon 05 Dec 2011, 2:35 pm

gGas,I'm pretty sure prop is going to taxi me there,but I may be wrong.What's hitch-hiking like in the region? Smile
Mick(TEFC)
Mick(TEFC)

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Mon 05 Dec 2011, 2:44 pm

Mick: that's only if you manage to hit Cardiff/Ponty!! Won't be able to get to Llanelli and back in time!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Mon 05 Dec 2011, 2:48 pm

I'll take you to meet him if you want.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Mon 05 Dec 2011, 2:53 pm

If he's ok with that!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Mon 05 Dec 2011, 2:56 pm

No, I'll bring Chef to you. A man of his...experience...thumbing a lift on the M4 in the middle of winter is not good news, fancy drink in fancy flask or no.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Mon 05 Dec 2011, 3:16 pm

Just another feather in my already massive bow Laugh

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1224773/French-lose-accent-love--Irish-lilt-voted-worlds-sexiest.html
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Mon 05 Dec 2011, 3:22 pm

hughie1986 wrote:Just another feather in my already massive bow Laugh

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1224773/French-lose-accent-love--Irish-lilt-voted-worlds-sexiest.html

That would be a "pure" Irish Accent though, Hughie. Yours is far too cosmopolitan to count Whistle
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Mon 05 Dec 2011, 3:26 pm

Rava wrote:

That would be a "pure" Irish Accent though, Hughie. Yours is far too cosmopolitan to count Whistle

And your Scots twang counts?????

DOOOOOONNNNNNTTTTTTT THINK SOOOOOO!!!!
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Mon 05 Dec 2011, 3:27 pm

NEW BLOG

Keep your eyes on... Ian Madigan

The Irish Wolfhounds play England Saxons in late January in a game that should give Deccie a chance to look at a few up-and-coming options.  Who he picks to play fly-half will be of particular interest.  Wolfhounds fly-half may sound inconsequential, but with Radge moving towards retirement, Deccie will most likely be looking to groom someone he feels can back up, and challenge Jonny Sexton in the near future.

The choice would appear to come down to three Ians - Humphreys, Keatley and Madigan.  Humphreys has been the traditional choice for these games, and is the only one of the three that is first-choice at his province - but he's now pushing 30 and management have made it clear that they believe his frailties are sufficient to ensure he won't be making the step up to test level.  It's time to move on.

That leaves us with Keatley and Madigan -  or Ewan Ma-dee-gan, as he will always be known to some.  Keatley has already played for Ireland and has a wealth of Pro12 experience with Connacht, but Madigan's career graph is moving consistently upwards, and continued to do so on Friday night when he bagged another try and looked assured for most of Leinster's rout of Cardiff.  Keatley, meanwhile, had the proverbial stinker in Munster's pretty rank defeat to Ospreys.

Along with Devin Toner, Madigan is the most improved player in the Leinster squad.  Last season, most Leinster fans would have regarded McKinley as the more promising of the province's two academy graduate out-halves, but Madigan has impressed hugely this term.  It is no exaggeration to say he is the best passer of a ball in the country, and his eye for a break, and pace to go with it, has seen him score four tries in six starts and four sub appearances so far.  A decidedly atypical Irish pivot, he plays more in the mould of an Aussie first-five, or a French 9-cum-10.

There's still work to do.  Game management is an issue, with too many loose kicks and missed touchfinders (although he has got a big boot), and while this should improve with experience, it remains to be seen if he has 'the mental' to dictate a game in the manner that Jonny Sexton and Radge can.  The game is littered with talented out-halves who never learn this art - think of Shane Geraghty, Ryan Lamb or even James Hook.  His place-kicking has yet to be tested at Pro12 level, and we're unlikely to see it for a while, given McFadden's form with placed ball.  On Friday, well though Madigan played, Jonny's cameo showed him where he has to get to - could Madigan have executed the deft cross-field chip for Dave Kearney, or the 75m gain from the peanlty in his own 22?  The jury is still out, but with distribution skills to die for, this is one diamond that's starting to polish up nicely.

Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Mon 05 Dec 2011, 3:42 pm

Nickolas Sarkozy...accused of giving his country a bad name by leering at other women whilst married to Carla Bruni

Laugh

no other Frenchman has ever done that has there...

Doh

Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick(TEFC) Mon 05 Dec 2011, 3:44 pm

hughie1986 wrote:Just another feather in my already massive bow Laugh l

Mixing metaphors,another Irish charm laughing
Mick(TEFC)
Mick(TEFC)

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Mon 05 Dec 2011, 3:46 pm

Mick(TEFC) wrote:
hughie1986 wrote:Just another feather in my already massive bow Laugh l

Mixing metaphors,another Irish charm laughing

Aye aye it is aye Chef, don't ask how I didn't even notice that haha DISASTER
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick(TEFC) Mon 05 Dec 2011, 3:48 pm

as for Llanelli---Cardiff,I'll leave it up to you guys,my geographical knowledge of Wales stops at Cader Idris.
Mick(TEFC)
Mick(TEFC)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Mon 05 Dec 2011, 3:53 pm

hughie1986 wrote:NEW BLOG. Keep your eyes on... Ian Madigan
...but Madigan's career graph is moving consistently upwards, and continued to do so on Friday night when he bagged another try and looked assured for most of Leinster's rout of Cardiff.  Keatley, meanwhile, had the proverbial stinker in Munster's pretty rank defeat to Ospreys.

So, a team loses away to a decent side and the outside half has a stinker, but your team beats an abject side at home and the outside half looks assured. If this bloke keeps this up, he could write for the Western Mail.

Doh

There's still work to do.  Game management is an issue, with too many loose kicks and missed touchfinders (although he has got a big boot), and while this should improve with experience, it remains to be seen if he has 'the mental' to dictate a game in the manner that Jonny Sexton and Radge can.

So, the plan is not to learn anything at all from the mishandling of Sexton's international career? If you want a kicker pick Keatley, or an attacker pick Madigan. Does every Irish player really need to be a jack of all trades?

Last edited by Glas a du on Mon 05 Dec 2011, 3:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Mon 05 Dec 2011, 3:55 pm

Mick(TEFC) wrote:as for Llanelli---Cardiff,I'll leave it up to you guys,my geographical knowledge of Wales stops at Cader Idris.

I'll take you to meet Prop at Cardiff West Services.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Mon 05 Dec 2011, 3:57 pm

You have to call it "Scarletland" now Mick() or the locals get upset!

Very Happy

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Mon 05 Dec 2011, 4:16 pm

No.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Mon 05 Dec 2011, 4:24 pm

But I thought we weren't allowed to say Llanelli anymore now that everyone is a happy little regionaire?

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Mon 05 Dec 2011, 4:31 pm

No. Llanelli is still a place with it's own Rugby team which is also where the Scarlets play. The Scarlets Region can't be outlined on a map like Ospreylia can, it's more like the Holy See than the Vatican City. However instead of Catholicism, bilingual running rugby is the religion.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Mon 05 Dec 2011, 4:37 pm

CARDIFF SNOOZE v EDIN-BUGGERS, FRIDAY
So far I have attending
Myself
Herself
Stag
Dreamer
Cari
Prop
Luckless

any other takers ???
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Mon 05 Dec 2011, 4:37 pm

Ah ha!

Now I understand.

So....is there really a town called Ospreylia or is that just what we all have to call Swansea when we're talking rugby?

Whistle

Very Happy

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Dec 2011, 4:54 pm

Penfro - would it be okay if I ask my cousin and his gf and possibly one of my friends if they want to come?

No guarnatees they are free that night but if you're okay with me offering tickets, it can't hurt to ask Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick(TEFC) Mon 05 Dec 2011, 5:05 pm

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:

Very nervous for Glasgow when they play Montpellier in the Heino - suppose it depends on which team they send

Some respite, Ouedraogo is out for both games with a cracked rib.
Mick(TEFC)
Mick(TEFC)

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Mon 05 Dec 2011, 5:11 pm

Mick(TEFC) wrote:
AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:

Very nervous for Glasgow when they play Montpellier in the Heino - suppose it depends on which team they send

Some respite, Ouedraogo is out for both games with a cracked rib.

That's a big boost for Glasgow, Hes been massive for montpellier in the HC so far
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Mon 05 Dec 2011, 5:11 pm

Phew, never wishing a player ill, but that is fortuitous for the Weegies OK

OK, decision taken regarding pub for (at least after) the Bath vs Leinster game: http://www.thepulteneyarms.co.uk/ - it's just an easy option for the driver who's picking us up in the minibus, and it's a good rugby pub. We could make that the meeting point for before and during aswell, if folk are happy with that, but I'm certainly open to other suggestions? Ale

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 05 Dec 2011, 5:17 pm

'Warm open fire in the winter' - it's got my vote! Very Happy

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Mon 05 Dec 2011, 5:20 pm

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:Phew, never wishing a player ill, but that is fortuitous for the Weegies OK

OK, decision taken regarding pub for (at least after) the Bath vs Leinster game: http://www.thepulteneyarms.co.uk/ - it's just an easy option for the driver who's picking us up in the minibus, and it's a good rugby pub. We could make that the meeting point for before and during aswell, if folk are happy with that, but I'm certainly open to other suggestions? Ale

Why would we be going to The Putney Arms??? Doh

Read things properly Hugh
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Dec 2011, 5:22 pm

Sounds a brilliant meeting place to me As Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Mon 05 Dec 2011, 5:28 pm

Pub vote

Friday night would we prefer

1, Harliquins v Toulouse

Or

2, Cardiff v Edinburgh

To watch on the telly??? Majority rules on this one
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Mon 05 Dec 2011, 5:31 pm

Has to be number one surely? Hi and goodbye.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Dec 2011, 5:44 pm

What a beautiful youtube vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUfFscbEy80

Munster fans might not want to look

Whistle

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Mon 05 Dec 2011, 5:47 pm

DREAMER - ewe av male
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick(TEFC) Mon 05 Dec 2011, 5:48 pm

Pultney Arms,zein punkte,dix points, ten points.especially when you go to the photo page,scroll down, and see the first pump,eh Asbo ?Yahoo

Quins/Toulouse of course, but where,CVI?
Mick(TEFC)
Mick(TEFC)

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Mon 05 Dec 2011, 6:01 pm

That's what I would have said chef, however the skirt wearing one might want to see Edinburgh
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Mon 05 Dec 2011, 6:38 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:What a beautiful youtube vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUfFscbEy80

Munster fans might not want to look

Whistle

That clip sums up neatly why I love the Scarlets and am not partial to Munster. Mark Jones was a hugely under rated player. The fact that Munster took him clean out off the ball shows how much they rated him though.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Dec 2011, 6:43 pm

Can't put into words how much I love Mark Jones, Glas. He was never under rated by me!

And what a team Stevo and Peel were, I'd forgotten how good he was, and the wonderful Barry Davies too, was gutted when they both left us.

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Mon 05 Dec 2011, 6:57 pm

Before we get all teary eyed over the positive play of the Scarlets could you tell me why Shaun Lamont needed to try to remove Nevin Spence's head on Friday night?

Is it because his own one doesn't work too well?

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Mon 05 Dec 2011, 7:04 pm

A new head might suit him better than the one he has MrsP. tomato

Jebus, that reminds me that Scarlets have always played sexshy rugby. Nothing has changed. Wasps hammered us in another 2006/007 QF too. Feicers.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Dec 2011, 7:05 pm

could be MrsP although that doesn't sound much like Monty! I don't remember seeing that though, when in the match did it happen?

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Mon 05 Dec 2011, 7:08 pm

How's you Gibbo?

Home safe?

On time?

No unforseen changes to the travel arrangments caused by some daft woman who made assumptions?

Whistle

Scarlets can play great heads up rugby but they aren't immune to negativity either. Same as everyone else.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Mon 05 Dec 2011, 7:11 pm

Dreamer it was down my end of the pitch and I think we were attacking so it must have been in the second half.

It really was a terrible tackle.

Young Nevin just got up and played on though.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Dec 2011, 7:14 pm

will see if I can have a look and find it MrsP, really not like him though.

Think you get tackles like that go unpinshed every game though (which doesn't make it right!), like in the Scarlets v Dragons match where an idiot Dragons players slammed his forarm into Stevo's jaw. Wasn't pinged for it or anything, but ended up going off with an injured arm, so more fool him I guess.

And of course the Scarlets aren't immune to negativity! The press and most of the rest of the rugby clubs outside of the West ttend to have a severe dislike of us Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Mon 05 Dec 2011, 7:19 pm

There was a penalty alright but I wonder if it was during the yellow card?

Can't remember really.

I just think that some clubs get a name for themselves that sticks for good or bad and it means folks only see that aspect of their play.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Dec 2011, 7:20 pm

Ooo wow I found it really quickly, 42 mins into the match.

Monty comes sprinting out, goes for the tackle as Spence changes direction and does catch him with a high, slightly swinging arm round the back of the neck, he pulls out of it immediately. Wouldn't have said there was malicious intent in there though, but definitely stupid. Think the talking to he got from the ref and the penalty concended was the right decision.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Mon 05 Dec 2011, 7:22 pm

Yeah pal. Got home at 17:00. Nice to be back for a few days anyway. Off to Laandahn on Thurs, by ferry. Then ...AsLongAsISurviveThisWeekendIllBeGrand.com

Is it still snowing up there? None in Dublin. It was a lovely day though. coffee
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Mon 05 Dec 2011, 7:27 pm

Yeah snowing again here. Kids all think there'll be no school tomorrow!

Not a chance!

Dreamer, I wonder if there would have been a card if you weren't already down to 14?

When a man the height of Lamont swings his arm at head height there is only going to be one outcome.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Mon 05 Dec 2011, 7:30 pm

Unless he's tackling Paul Marshall in which case he would run straight under without even having to duck!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Mon 05 Dec 2011, 7:35 pm

PENFRO - you have mail if you're lurking.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Dec 2011, 7:42 pm

Ha true MrsP!

An honestly, attempting not to look at it with Scarlets glasses on, I think a penalty was perfectly sufficient for it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next