The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

+34
Irishhoneymonster
poissonrouge
SimonofSurrey
Mrs Penfro
HERSH
greybeard
Portnoy
PenfroPete
rhino-dragon
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Ozzy3213
Luckless Pedestrian
Glas a du
Breadvan
KiaRose
nottins
rodders
robbo277
MBTGOG
Suspicious lurker
Notch
Gibson
red_stag
prop_lyd
Mick(TEFC)
Cymroglan
Hound_of_Harrow
Adam D
Mickado
Thomond
WillyGilly
mickyt
Cari
Pal Joey
38 posters

Page 1 of 21 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Pal Joey Mon 29 Aug 2011, 9:27 am

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub
by rugbydreamer on Wed 24 Aug 2011, 6:45 am

Welcome to the virtual rugby pub - a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no defacing the David Wallace photo on the bar. That's a banning offence

So pull up a chair....what'll it be?

Ale cider guinness coffee mug cuppa Bubbly RedWine

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Pal Joey Mon 29 Aug 2011, 9:28 am

Last Comment by Cari Today at 6:27 pm

Morning Micky,

That football result was a bit mad wasn't it? My colleague in work's an Arsenal supporter, so she won't be happy. I'm off until Thursday anyway.

What you up to over here on the AI final weekend?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Mon 29 Aug 2011, 9:31 am

Breaker - can you change Lionel Nallet for David Wallace please? Ta Very Happy

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyt Mon 29 Aug 2011, 9:32 am

Thanks Line,

Cari, we are competing in Stoke in a UK marching competitiong. last big deal for alot of our senior marchers. so going to go out and have a blast see how we get on.

Yeh the result was very strange alright. a few little things costing them that they should be trying to get right until they get more experience into the squad
mickyt
mickyt

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Mon 29 Aug 2011, 9:35 am

Ah cool. Hope you win the competition Smile

I was just surprised to see 8 goals from side in the score!

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Mon 29 Aug 2011, 9:40 am

Mark Harmon (American actor stared as Leroy Gibbs in NCIS).

Football was pretty epic last night. The north 13 - the south 3. Shows were the balance of power is in the premier league.
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Mon 29 Aug 2011, 9:55 am

Isee the Dublin hype machine is already starting. It will be great when they fall flat on their faces again Run

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyt Mon 29 Aug 2011, 9:58 am

ha thom you are a bitter aul one ain't you? some hatred you have for your capital city..
mickyt
mickyt

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Mon 29 Aug 2011, 10:11 am

I'm not bitter,I'm just a Corkman,I've been indoctrinated to hate everything in the "Capital" City since the age of 2.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Mon 29 Aug 2011, 10:14 am

Thom, where’s the hype?

All I read on the match thread is culchies spouting about how Kerry will destroy either team in the final.

We’re in the football minor final too, and the hurling minor and U21 finals. Must be a hard pill to swallow for ya like.
BOY!

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Mon 29 Aug 2011, 10:17 am

It's been a brilliant year for Dublin, Mick that's for sure. Smile

Elsewhere, I came across these piccies of the Irish squad. i think they're great Smile

http://www.inpho.ie/app/WebObjects/INPHO-Shop.woa/wa/e?cl=0B6BNgsy76K2u9R6cqB-Vw..a&ts=ZE5E3ZpzMYinMSNWON1LLQ..a

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Mon 29 Aug 2011, 10:18 am

Kado,when you actually win the thing for the 1st time in nearly 30 years,you can talk. Wink

On a serious note,that is an incredibly impressive return and if you read the GAA threads I did take time to congratulate Dublin on their tremendous year,their turnaround in hurling over the past 10 years has been extraordinary,they may have received a lot of funding but it is a big acheivement. The only question is why don't the GAA do this for other counties? Also,I don't think I said Kerry would flatten them and note I also apologised for the Wumming.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Mon 29 Aug 2011, 10:21 am

You did T. thumbsup

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Mon 29 Aug 2011, 10:23 am

1995? Nearly 30 years?
Do they teach ye maths down there lad? Wink

Sure I’m just wumming myself, I know deep down, behind all the anti-dub bile you’re just a jackeen lover at heart.
Tremendous year so far, but history doesn’t remember the losers. We’ve 4 finals to look after before we can look back on this year yet.

Thought the ref was dire yesterday, made a lot of bad calls against both teams. Connolly is a clown for getting sent off, but it was as soft as they come, don’t think Donegal were diving, but they were too tired to stay on their feet.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Mon 29 Aug 2011, 10:27 am

Kado,did you win it in 95,I thought you lost. I'll change it so,when you win ,more than one AI over a 30 year period,you can talk.(I'm pretty sure that's right) Connolly raised his arm and "struck"(for a lack of a better word) a player he was always going to go but I agree it was soft. The extra man hindered Donegal,they didn't know where to put him. Also I said if Dublin went down the wings instead of through the middle they would win,I'm a tactical genius.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 29 Aug 2011, 10:31 am

Cari wrote:Breaker - can you change Lionel Nallet for David Wallace please? Ta Very Happy

Thanks to whoever changed it... I was in the middle of tea and didn't hear the screams...

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 29 Aug 2011, 10:32 am

No probx - also changed the stickies over.

If you havent already folks, could you have a look at the Q&As (especially Torchwoods Kai Owen in the TV section - thats going today and we dont have many)

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Mon 29 Aug 2011, 10:38 am

What Dublin needed to do was put on someone who would run at Donegal, lobbing in long balls to ALAN! Brogan is absolutely pointless. Thought McMenamin was excellent at it when he came on.
O’Gara is a good player for that type of thing, he’s strong and gets on the ball well, but he can do virtually nothing with it when he’s got it. except bang in the odd goal.

I expect a totally different Dublin to take to the field against Kerry. The revisionism that went on after the Tyrone game was a joke, before the game we were going to be taught a lesson by a wilier and more canny team, after the game we beat an old side on the slide. When we play football we’ve credit taken away, when we win ugly we’re criticized for not dictating the game. Kerry are going to be a different kettle of fish, but if we don’t believe we can win there’s no point in turning up.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Mon 29 Aug 2011, 10:45 am

Pretty much everyone I heard said Dublin would win. They rang the ball down the wings and it hurt Donegal. It was good to see Gilroy and the players actaully change their gameplan on the day,Cork didn't do that against Mayo and it cost them. Dublin could beat them,but I don't nkow if their full back line is good enough to master Kerry's forwards.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Mon 29 Aug 2011, 10:56 am

I think the wide movement of the ball coincided with every Donegal player being knackered out of their mind.
There is no team in any sport that could maintain a workrate they started with. It was all a waiting game in the end.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Mon 29 Aug 2011, 11:39 am

Am I in the wrong pub?

Whistle

Just saying like.

Morning all, from a blustery London.

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Mon 29 Aug 2011, 11:41 am

Right pub just the wrong floor

Morning HH

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Mon 29 Aug 2011, 12:20 pm

Sorry lads. There was nobody else talking.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 29 Aug 2011, 12:22 pm

So who won the Dubs - Donegal clash Mickado? Was that a semi? Who are the other contenders... Kerry and ?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick(TEFC) Mon 29 Aug 2011, 12:25 pm

Afternoodles,
Dog laughing

The word is now Tim lane for Toulon;ASM,CAB, Georgia(on yer bike) and 6 months in Toulon in 2007,he may be PSA's follow up man;so what's all this talk about Tana?Mourad has to fill the space, even though there's a RWC 🤦
Mick(TEFC)
Mick(TEFC)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Mon 29 Aug 2011, 12:28 pm

Line – the Dubs won and are now into the final. They play Kerry who beat Mayo in the other semi final last week.
We’ll be massive underdogs in this one, we’ve not been to a final in 16 years and Kerry have won 5 of the last 11 championships.

Tickets will be like hens teeth, the GAA give each team an allocation in all rounds leading up to the final, but because the final itself is seen as a national event the tickets are shared equally among each of the counties. It’s a nice idea in theory, but when your team is in the final and your ticket is gone to some boyo up from Sligo just to see the match then it sticks in your throat a little. I’m sure I can find one somewhere though.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 29 Aug 2011, 12:37 pm

Yeah, it sounds egalitarian but you'd rather see the stands packed with the finalists' fans. 'Tallafornia' is west of Dublin in Leinster still... or another county?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Mon 29 Aug 2011, 12:40 pm

It’s a suburb of Dublin, famed for it’s tropical climate, beautiful people and culture of gang crime.
It’s actually called Tallaght (pronounced Talla) so it’s a bit of an ironic nickname.

You must work nights to be posting from Sydney?

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 29 Aug 2011, 12:41 pm

When I was at the 2008 NRL GF, about 65-70,000 of the 82,000 seemed to be Manly fans. It was the biggest gathering I'd seen of fellow 'silvertails'. Great feeling... everybody was all smiles at the end. Since I was born there - it was extra special for me.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 29 Aug 2011, 12:45 pm

I work during the day - which is night time in tropical Tallaght! It's 21:45 now.

It's been a spring-like day here today... 3 days of winter left but 23 degrees.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 29 Aug 2011, 12:48 pm

I have the feeling there's going to be big fires this spring/summer. So much rain has fuelled the growth. Most of northern Sydney is jungle like! They can't burn off as much as they would like during winter so it's like a bomb waiting to go off. Grass fires already in the west... over the mountains.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Mon 29 Aug 2011, 1:14 pm

Afternoon all, lovely time back home then at the Gower....think we left our mark on the campsite seeing as everyone seemed to know who we were when we left!! Time for some zzz's now.
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Mon 29 Aug 2011, 1:20 pm

Hi all. I've just sent a bill to the IRFU to pay for my therapist bills. Think Ireland v England at weekend has sent me into state of near depression.

I've never been as angry after an Ireland game. I include our RWC 2007 and our last minute defeat v France on that.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Mon 29 Aug 2011, 1:23 pm

red_stag wrote:Hi all. I've just sent a bill to the IRFU to pay for my therapist bills. Think Ireland v England at weekend has sent me into state of near depression.

I've never been as angry after an Ireland game. I include our RWC 2007 and our last minute defeat v France on that.

I was so pished off after the match that I went and bought cake.
I had about 5 pints on me and was fuming, but had literally no idea what to do with myself. so I got 2 slices of fudge cake. It didn’t help…

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Mon 29 Aug 2011, 1:37 pm

I used to think that the Ireland v England game in March was a sign that we had turned a cormer and showed a level of playing that we can comfortably play at.

The more I think about it the more I'm convinced it was just a perfect storm where all the conditions suited us.

Since Summer 2010 (roughly 12 months) we have lost to France, England, Scotland, Wales, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand and the Barbarians.

We have only beaten Scotland, Italy, Samoa, Argentina and England. Being honest both Scotland and Italy were capable of beating us too.

It baffles me why we continue to not contest the lineout - I think we have upper hand against Australia and Italy in this regard. We have stopped using first phase attacks and resorted to an aimless side to side encounter. And discipline is STILL an issue.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Mon 29 Aug 2011, 1:43 pm

Nothing wrong with comfort eating Mickado...safer than taking up boxing. Smile

How are you now Staggy? cuppa

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Mon 29 Aug 2011, 1:49 pm

Mark my words. Now we are real underdogs again and fully know it... we will get better, using that hurt. Believe. guinness
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Mon 29 Aug 2011, 1:54 pm

I'm good Cari. Had smashing night out drinking in Temple Bar and Balbriggan with Hughie on Friday. Saturday was great despite the result.

Gibbo - sorry I snapped at you after the match. I've no problem with Jennings on tour just got really angry at the implied tone that Wallaces injury was a good thing. He's a local guy that I've met a number of times as we have had same club and school.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Mon 29 Aug 2011, 1:56 pm

Glad you had a good weekend Staggy. I was absolutely gutted for Wally. I really hope it's not the end of his career at all.

Howya Gibbo. What are you up to today? Smile

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Mon 29 Aug 2011, 1:57 pm

I’ve just remembered. I was meant to meet Hughie before the Dubs match!
Bhugga!

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Mon 29 Aug 2011, 1:58 pm

Mickado wrote:I’ve just remembered. I was meant to meet Hughie before the Dubs match!
Bhugga!

oops! laughing

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Mon 29 Aug 2011, 2:00 pm

I reckon it could very well be Cari. He's 35 years old now. He's been playing top level rugby for since 1997. The body can only take so much.

I feel so sorry for guys like him, Stringer, Hayes etc. They were the first batch of truly professional players and have little to fall back on. Guys before them were used to idea of amatuer rugby. Young players now are almost forced to have third level qualifications as well as playing.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Mon 29 Aug 2011, 2:04 pm

What a crap way to end it though, if that's the case.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Mon 29 Aug 2011, 2:05 pm

Oh God Stag, I was angry too and I NEVER EVER said anything like that about Wally.Not even to imply it. ( I was a bit pished as well as being peed-off) Its a disaster and I feel for him. You should know me by now.
The truth is, he was our main go-to man until that injury. He is an incredible athlete at 35. I pray he comes back for a season or two.

Another truth, I dont think Deccie will play Jenno v Oz. I reckon it will be Ferris SOB, Heaslip. With Leamy on the bench. Sooo.

What really upset me is that England destroyed us at the breakdown. An area we are normally so strong at. Leamy is getting better though and 1F will get another game under his belt v USA. Little rays of hope.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Mon 29 Aug 2011, 2:06 pm

How is Heaslip? I haven't read anything about him. I assume he's all right?

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Mon 29 Aug 2011, 2:07 pm

Is this real? A bit nuts.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-14689055

Was also incredibly annoyed with the Ireland result. Leave it at that. It's not good enough from this group of players.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Mon 29 Aug 2011, 2:10 pm

Looks like it Notch. Apparently there's one going around somewhere in Kent as well....a bit extreme...

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Mon 29 Aug 2011, 2:11 pm

Heaslips grand. He was a bit dazed and with Wallace injured Kidney couldn't risk another backrow injury.

Gibbo - no probs I was pretty pished myself (free bar at the work do I was at) Smile
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Mon 29 Aug 2011, 2:15 pm

How is the new job going Staggy? Do they give you freebies for matches and things?

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Mon 29 Aug 2011, 2:16 pm

Cari wrote:Glad you had a good weekend Staggy. I was absolutely gutted for Wally. I really hope it's not the end of his career at all.

Howya Gibbo. What are you up to today? Smile

Have some relos over cari. Been busy with them. They go home in de mornin. Then the train down to Rotterdam and Erasmus Uni, to see my son collect his Masters. Well proud. He leaves on a one-way ticeaid to Oz on the 11 Oct. Crying or Very sad
Just glad he is doing what he wants to do. Son No.1 is going to Oz next year too. Soo, MrsG and I will definately make a trip down. Barrier Reef here I come! One of the top dreams/things to do in my life since I was a kid.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 21 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next