The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

11 overrated test cricketers who are playing Test Cricket at the moment

+15
ShankyCricket
Demon Racer
Mad for Chelsea
Galted
Luke
indianfan
rich1uk
sirfredperry
LondonTiger
skyeman
JDizzle
GG
Gregers
Mike Selig
Fists of Fury
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

11 overrated test cricketers who are playing Test Cricket at the moment - Page 2 Empty 11 overrated test cricketers who are playing Test Cricket at the moment

Post by Guest Sat 3 Dec 2011 - 22:03

First topic message reminder :

Done underrated, now overrtaed test side, this is mine, let me know what you think, and/or make your own

HAS TO BE PLAYERS THAT ARE PLAYING IN TEST CRICKET AT THE MOMENT

1.Lendl Simmons
2.Jacuqes Rudolph
3.Jesse Ryder
4.Usman Khawaja
5.Asad Shafiq
6.Marlon Samuels
7.M.S.Dhoni (ONLY IN TEST CRICKET, HE IS AWESOME IN ODI'S BUT IN TESTS, HE IS UNBELIEAVABLY INCONSISNET)
8.Suraj Randiv
9.Mitchell Johnson
10.Chris Martin
11.Keamr Roach

Back to top Go down

11 overrated test cricketers who are playing Test Cricket at the moment - Page 2 Empty Re: 11 overrated test cricketers who are playing Test Cricket at the moment

Post by ShankyCricket Wed 21 Dec 2011 - 10:24

hampo171 wrote:How anyone can say Tendulkar is overrated is beyond me. The guy oozes classa and has been one of the best batsmen in the world for well over a decade. His record speaks for itself, and shows what a superb player he is.

Yes he had a poor series in England but he should be judged on his career, not a series.

thumbsup

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

11 overrated test cricketers who are playing Test Cricket at the moment - Page 2 Empty Re: 11 overrated test cricketers who are playing Test Cricket at the moment

Post by Fists of Fury Wed 21 Dec 2011 - 10:26

Have to agree, Sachin Tendulkar is the second greatest batsman of all time, without a doubt.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Wed 21 Dec 2011 - 10:30

hampo
I think the suggestion re Tendulkar was simply that some of the Indian fans have put him on such a high pedestal that no-one could possibly be THAT good.

I don't think anyone in their right minds on here think he's anything other than one of the best 2 or 3 batsmen ever to play the game, and that he has had in many ways the statistically finest international career of anyone (based on runs scored in both forms of the game), and that these records (as with Bradman's record for average) are likely to remain untouched for a very long time. His form in England wasn't as bad as made out - he looked to be in pretty good nick for a lot of the time but got out to good cricket by England before he could convert a start to a big score. Other than that, his form over the last couple of years has been about as good as at any other point in his very long career (recovering from a bit of a blip for a year or so in his mid 30s).

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by ReallyReal Wed 21 Dec 2011 - 13:59

Fists of Fury wrote:Have to agree, Sachin Tendulkar is the second greatest batsman of all time, without a doubt.
This is where I'd also agree that Tendulkar is overrated, he's clearly a great batsman, but I just don't hold with this opinion.
Bradman is in a league of his own and I'd expect just about everyone to agree with that, but I think that there are quite a few contenders for second place and on my own list he'd struggle to make the top 5 of all time.
I honestly don't see him as being much, if any better than the other top batsmen of the last 20 years (Lara, Waugh, Dravid, Kallis and Ponting), I certainly wouldn't put him at the top of that list and I doubt than many, even of his most ardent fans, would class him as being massively better than those mentioned, so him being "without a doubt", "the second greatest batsman of all time" seems like overrating to me.

ReallyReal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2