The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ECW One Night Stand 2006.

5 posters

Go down

ECW One Night Stand 2006. Empty ECW One Night Stand 2006.

Post by UpsideDownFace Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:52 pm

Discuss this event. I haven't seen it but I have just bought the DVD. You can include spoilers.

UpsideDownFace

Back to top Go down

ECW One Night Stand 2006. Empty Re: ECW One Night Stand 2006.

Post by Aaronb33 Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:00 pm

Preferred 2005 just because it was all ECW talent but 2006 was pretty good as I recall. The crowd was electric in RVD vs Cena, and Cena, to his credit, played them beautifully.

Aaronb33

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:04 pm

Decent event, but, depending on your viewpoint, not as good as 05. 05 was pure ECW, and 06 was the birth of WWECW.

Edge, Foley and Lita vs Funk, Dreamer and Buella was a decent match with plenty of sick spots. Hats of to Foley and Funk, those 2 guys tore each other apart (literally).

Mysterio vs Sabu for the World Title is an oft forgotten gem, with a finish that looked brutal.

The match of the night was undoubtably RVD vs John Cena. Worth the buy alone just to see the ECW crowd tear Cena in pieces. Plus RVD winning the big one was a good moment for me, big RVD fan.

The undercard is pretty forgetable though. Balls Mahoney vs Tanaka was decent, but Angle vs Orton was boring, as was the FBI vs Tajiri and Super Crazy.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:11 pm

The Edge, Foley & Lita v Funk, Dreamer and Beulah match is brutal. Some of the spots are absolutely insane. Terry Funk and Foley literally tore each apart plus the ending played perfectly into the heel Edge character at the time.

But like said before, RVD v Cena was immense purely for the crowd. They completely tore Cena to shreds and I am pretty sure he was close to crying Laugh

The rest of the card however is pretty disappointing, bar the insane bump at the end of Mysterio v Sabu match.

All in all it isn't a terrible show but definitely wasn't anywhere near the older ECW stuff.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:13 pm

You can see the RVD Cena match on youtube the crowd is great.

I wouldnt say the ppv itself is better than Money in the bank or Survivor Series 2011 though

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down