The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wales Squad for the Six Nations

+12
gowales
Gatts
Turkster
Seagultaf
gavstar
Smirnoffpriest
RuckingFlanker86
munkian
wales606
maestegmafia
bedfordwelsh
TycroesOsprey
16 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Wales Squad for the Six Nations - Page 3 Empty Wales Squad for the Six Nations

Post by TycroesOsprey Fri 09 Dec 2011, 12:13 am

First topic message reminder :

With the xmas derbies around the corner for the regions, there are a few players who may still put their hands up for selection like Webb or are coming back from injury like Stoddart. However I think the squad for the six nations is starting to look pretty easy to select barring injuries. Some of the exiles will be back but there will be no room for Powell, Byrne or Wellies.

Props

Adam Jones, Mitchell, Gethin, Paul James,

Hookers,

Smiler, Hibbard, Burns

Second Row

I Evans, Bradley, Ryan

Back Row

Faletau Warburton, Lydiate, Tipuric, Lewis Evans,

Scrum Halfs

Phillips, L Williams, Webb

OUtside Half

Priestland, Hook, Biggar(should be Tovey)

Centres,

Roberts, JD, Scott williams, Henson

Wings,

North, Brew, Cuthbert,

FullBack

Halfpenny and Byrne

Last edited by TycroesOsprey on Wed 11 Jan 2012, 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : changes due to injury and form since first published)

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Wales Squad for the Six Nations - Page 3 Empty Re: Wales Squad for the Six Nations

Post by Smirnoffpriest Wed 11 Jan 2012, 9:58 am

I agree about that Bedford - I doubt Hook and Jones will both get picked - just would be a big risk going in with Hook as back up 10 (as opposed to the utility back he was before) but then again I suppose it could pay off hugely (but I'm not convinced).

I've only seen a few highlights of Byrne's games, so am in no position to comments personally, but the commentators in one game were quite complementary about his form and a few posters on here say the same which is good.

Hopefully we'll actually manage to have strength in depth and interesting options in most positions.

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Wales Squad for the Six Nations - Page 3 Empty Re: Wales Squad for the Six Nations

Post by bedfordwelsh Wed 11 Jan 2012, 10:02 am

Actually Priest when you look at it like that whilst we have options at No10 and some coming through none of our back ups fill me with confidence.

For me it would be Tovey but he is untried and in-experienced at this level.

Biggar whilst having some experience has dipped in form of late nad still doesn't do it for me.

Hook, well as you said who knows.

S Jones, this might well be the 'safe' bet as back up but just can't see him and Hook getting picked and think Gatland will go with Hook.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Jan 2012, 10:28 am

Smirnoffpriest wrote:I agree about that Bedford - I doubt Hook and Jones will both get picked - just would be a big risk going in with Hook as back up 10 (as opposed to the utility back he was before) but then again I suppose it could pay off hugely (but I'm not convinced).

I've only seen a few highlights of Byrne's games, so am in no position to comments personally, but the commentators in one game were quite complementary about his form and a few posters on here say the same which is good.

Hopefully we'll actually manage to have strength in depth and interesting options in most positions.

Byrne did play well against the Tigers, he was solid under the high ball and good in defense, but cant remember what he was like in attack.

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Wed 11 Jan 2012, 10:32 am

Yup I agree - and think it's Gats fault for Tovey being so inexperienced (I know he's had injuries as well). Biggar doesn't do it for me either but the way he's been messed around is shocking.

We're so lucky that Priestland took to international rugby like the proverbial duck or we'd have been royally up the creek with out a paddle! ;p

I suppose the only likelihood of Gatts picking Jones is if Henson plays amazingly well for the Blues before the squad is chosen, then Gats will be bound to take him regardless and I doubt he'll want 2 utility backs (Hook & Henson) in the squad, so will pick Jones instead.

Either way I hope Tovey (or Biggar) get game time this 6Nations, even if it's just off the bench

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3