The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grosjean Confirmed as Second Lotus Renault Driver

+4
Fernando
Demon Racer
beninho
Mr Bounce
8 posters

Go down

Grosjean Confirmed as Second Lotus Renault Driver Empty Grosjean Confirmed as Second Lotus Renault Driver

Post by Mr Bounce Fri 09 Dec 2011, 8:53 am

As per the BBC Sports website. No place for Senna or Petrov. I guess Petrov had his outburst because he knew he was going...

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Grosjean Confirmed as Second Lotus Renault Driver Empty Re: Grosjean Confirmed as Second Lotus Renault Driver

Post by Guest Fri 09 Dec 2011, 11:31 am

I don't know what it is about Grosjean but I just can't stand him, especially that stupid grin he's been showcasing the last couple of weeks. When he was in F1 before, I personally thought he was shocking and got completely destroyed by Alonso and we all know what happened in Singapore. I don't see how taking a couple of years out has made him a faster and less error prone driver, add in the fact he's up against Kimi just doesn't bode well for Romain. Holding the GP2 title and the GP2 Asian Series is an achievement but it guarantees nothing in F1 which is a considerable step up in class. It appears Petrov will return in 2014 for Sochi GP in Mother Russia

Back to top Go down

Grosjean Confirmed as Second Lotus Renault Driver Empty Re: Grosjean Confirmed as Second Lotus Renault Driver

Post by beninho Fri 09 Dec 2011, 12:55 pm

Has a Russian company brought into a F1 team, maybe Virgin, im sure this will come with Vitaly as part of the deal.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Demon Racer Fri 09 Dec 2011, 7:01 pm

If Robert is fit, say mid way through the season, what will Lotus do? I'm only asking as I read rumours that Scuderia have signed Robert for 2013!

Demon Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 09 Dec 2011, 7:03 pm

Demon Racer wrote:If Robert is fit, say mid way through the season, what will Lotus do? I'm only asking as I read rumours that Scuderia have signed Robert for 2013!

Despite what people say Kubica's Lotus contract runs out at the end of the month. So if he's fit someone point during the season he can go where he wants.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Demon Racer Fri 09 Dec 2011, 7:06 pm

fernando wrote:
Demon Racer wrote:If Robert is fit, say mid way through the season, what will Lotus do? I'm only asking as I read rumours that Scuderia have signed Robert for 2013!

Despite what people say Kubica's Lotus contract runs out at the end of the month. So if he's fit someone point during the season he can go where he wants.
So Scuderia could jettison Massa whenever Robert is fully fit....

Demon Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 09 Dec 2011, 7:06 pm

Pretty much say he gets fit around British GP time put Robert in til end of season to get back up to fitness for 2013

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Fri 09 Dec 2011, 8:51 pm

I bet Kubica doesnt come back to F1 in any form before 2013.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Bentyf1 Fri 09 Dec 2011, 8:57 pm

as the days and the months tick on, something tells me that we won't be seeing Kubica back in a Formula one car. The lack of information, Renault's clear frustration and no real progress heard of, its just concerning.

Fair play to Grosjean, in my opinion he deserves another crack of the whip. He has obviously matured, GP2 Champion and Asian Champion and has improved vastly. Its unlikely he will give Kimi any massive headaches, but we shall see. We know who is number uno in that team.

Bentyf1

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Fri 09 Dec 2011, 9:01 pm

I think Senna should have been allowed a little more time, at least give him a season to see how he performs over all.

So where is Petrov going?

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 09 Dec 2011, 9:16 pm

Critical_mass wrote:So where is Petrov going?

Mother Russia! No I fully expect Petrov to have a year out and then rejoin F1 in 2013 probably with Marussia. With the Russian GP at Sochi confirmed for 2014 this would be a positive move for both parties.

Back to top Go down

Post by Demon Racer Fri 09 Dec 2011, 10:20 pm

Kentyf1 wrote:as the days and the months tick on, something tells me that we won't be seeing Kubica back in a Formula one car. The lack of information, Renault's clear frustration and no real progress heard of, its just concerning.

The lack of any progression news on Robert could be because Robert's team don't want to raise expectations too high. With what Fernando said, about Robert being out of contract, its not really Lotus' place to release ant developments on Robert.

Demon Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Sat 10 Dec 2011, 12:48 pm

I think he's quite good, but not great. He came in midway through 2009 in a rubbish car barely capable of points of merit. With a full winter testing and input on the car he should do well. Petrov and Senna are average, not race winners anyway..

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Wed 21 Dec 2011, 3:12 pm

Personally I rated Petrov higher than Grosjean. Still if its a clash of personalities, or a matter of money, then driving ability tends not to come into the equation.

I would think Kimi will be sleeping very soundly.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Wed 21 Dec 2011, 4:51 pm

I agree, Petrov definately better than Grosjean, i dont see the logic here to be honest. Why replace Petrov with Grosjean?

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down