The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Soderling out of AO with Mono

+7
lags72
noleisthebest
invisiblecoolers
laverfan
Manojchandra
bogbrush
Simple_Analyst
11 posters

Go down

Soderling out of AO with Mono Empty Soderling out of AO with Mono

Post by Simple_Analyst Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:01 pm

Robin Soderling will miss the Australian Open in January due to illness. The Swede who has been suffering from mono since July this year has not recovered and will not be abvailable for the tournament. Not particularly a threat to the top guys in this slam but will be miss nevertheless. Shows again the devastating effects of a genuine mononucleosis. Memories of Mario Ancic, Henin amongst a few to suffer from this disease and were forced to take long time out of the game. Well i can only say the doctor who told Federer he had mono must have his Medical Certificate banned for gross misconduct and diagnosis crimes - deceiving a client. Or maybe Federer just happens to have a talent for quicker and speedy recoveries than any mortal. A modern day Swiss Gladiator.

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Soderling out of AO with Mono Empty Re: Soderling out of AO with Mono

Post by bogbrush Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:35 pm

Or perhaps you just don't know much about the disease?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infectious_mononucleosis

Careful though, there are some big words in there.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:43 pm

Or Dr Bogbrush, you can enlighten us on it. After all, you did an extensive study of 'mono' on wikipeadia.

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:04 pm

Tumbleweed
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Manojchandra Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:01 am

Sigh! Welcome.

Manojchandra

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:56 am

SA... is this a get-well-soon for Soderling or a dig at Federer (your favourite subject).

It may be both given your penchant for bashing any player named Federer. Laugh

BTW... You must have read this - http://bleacherreport.com/articles/609550-roger-federer-and-the-mono-myth-of-2008 (perhaps you are Michael Lanich looking for conspiracy theories and asterisks). Laugh

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:40 am

SA you need to understand the same disease or illness will have different impact on different body. Federer is something special, whether you accept it or not its the case.
The guy's talent is above imagination, there will be just one Federer in life time and we are lucky to be in his generation to see him play.

Saying all that, I did find your article funny and not irritating nor aggressive, and to say Soderling not a threat to top guys in slam is ridiculous, this is the same guy who has beaten Federer in FO, this is the only guy to beat Rafa in FO, Federer would love to have that thingy on his cv.

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:20 am

Laverfan. Are you accusing me of bias? This article is nothing but a heart-felt best wishes to a 'genuine' mono affected player.

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Manojchandra Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:44 am

Agree with you invisiblecoolers. I know a young kickboxing enthusiast who had (confirmed) mono and felt pretty well within months.

Manojchandra

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:51 pm

Simple_Analyst wrote:Are you accusing me of bias? This article is nothing but a heart-felt best wishes to a 'genuine' mono affected player.

How can you be biased, when you are wishing Soderling well, but another mono afflicted player is somehow not genuine. Laugh

Do you have access to Soderling's medical records to know with certainty that it is genuine? Erm

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:34 pm

Oh come on LF he is just a simple analyst not a serious analyst, so to expect logic beyond minimum level is not correct , hope you understand Very Happy

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:49 pm

invisiblecoolers wrote:Oh come on LF he is just a simple analyst not a serious analyst, so to expect logic beyond minimum level is not correct , hope you understand Very Happy

.... but as Aladdin (Robin Williams) would say.... "He can be taught...".

But I do see your point iC. OK Hug

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:03 pm

The real question is that Federer used the mono excuse for against NolestAO 2008.
The worst bit was talking down to Novak during the 2009 AO when Nole retired and the squeaky clean Federer remarked that you shouldn't play if you are not fit...

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by lags72 Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:40 pm

Unbiased Educator/SA being accused of bias....? Heaven forbid.

Although could there be perhaps just a hint of bias in as much as his contributions rarely fail to include a mention of his beloved Roger, regardless of the title of the alleged subject matter

And now endowing him with the qualities of a "Swiss Gladiator" ! Praise indeed.

As the song goes ....... It must be love heart

lags72

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:12 pm

Like any viral infection people can have different viral loads, Federer obviously must have had a very mild infection as blood tests showed 3 weeks after saying he had it there was no virus. For others like Soderling and Ancic the infection can be chronic and hard to clear. Very rarely, it can continually relapse.
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:26 pm

laverfan wrote:
Simple_Analyst wrote:Are you accusing me of bias? This article is nothing but a heart-felt best wishes to a 'genuine' mono affected player.

How can you be biased, when you are wishing Soderling well, but another mono afflicted player is somehow not genuine. Laugh

Do you have access to Soderling's medical records to know with certainty that it is genuine? Erm

I don't have access to Soderlings records but neither do you to Federer's but as an impartial tennis fan, it's clear to see Soderling has "Genuine Mono" which has kept him out of the game since July. This is a sharp contrast to the diagnosis by Dr Zeus that Federer had any mono. Anyway, as we know, some people shake of viral infections quickly. Federer should volunteer to be injected with the HIV virus. I'm sure after 2 days of research, he can shake it off and embrace the courts again. Afterall, i'm sure with the mono recovery talent, there has to be an HIV-talent in there too.

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:19 pm

Simple_Analyst wrote:
laverfan wrote:

I don't have access to Soderlings records but neither do you to Federer's but as an impartial tennis fan, it's clear to see Soderling has "Genuine Mono" which has kept him out of the game since July. This is a sharp contrast to the diagnosis by Dr Zeus that Federer had any mono. Anyway, as we know, some people shake of viral infections quickly. Federer should volunteer to be injected with the HIV virus. I'm sure after 2 days of research, he can shake it off and embrace the courts again. Afterall, i'm sure with the mono recovery talent, there has to be an HIV-talent in there too.

If you are a Dr., you can provide your credentials. Your comment to LK is rather naive. Sad. HIV should not be taken lightly, but WUMming can take any form. OK

Did you know Roddick had Mono? Erm

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tennis/news/story?id=5464023

... and here is his playing activity....

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Tennis/Players/Top-Players/Andy-Roddick.aspx?t=pa

Please re-read Lydian's comment, if you missed it the first time. Laugh

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:33 pm

Guess LK's comments were considered too passionate. Sad

Wonderful.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:59 pm

LF - clearly Roddick didn't have "Genuine Mono" - I think that's the accurate medical term! Laugh

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:10 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:LF - clearly Roddick didn't have "Genuine Mono" - I think that's the accurate medical term! Laugh

Agreed JHM. There are two different diseases - Mononucleosis and 'Genuine' Mononucleosis.

Everyone, other than Federer, had 'Genuine' Mononucleosis, so says Dr. SA.

We should now call it Federer's Mono variant. Laugh Perhaps other Federer variants have not been discovered yet, the but Dr SA is on the path to such glorious discoveries (as well as on the road to perdition).

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:37 pm

laverfan wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:LF - clearly Roddick didn't have "Genuine Mono" - I think that's the accurate medical term! Laugh

Agreed JHM. There are two different diseases - Mononucleosis and 'Genuine' Mononucleosis.

Everyone, other than Federer, had 'Genuine' Mononucleosis, so says Dr. SA.

We should now call it Federer's Mono variant. Laugh Perhaps other Federer variants have not been discovered yet, the but Dr SA is on the path to such glorious discoveries (as well as on the road to perdition).

Well LF , we should be proud to have born in the age of Dr.SA, who knows more discoveries would lead to bias and error free world. Yahoo

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by lags72 Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:05 pm

The world of medicine is currently buzzing with the news that in his unceasing quest for further glorious discoveries, Dr SA/UE is soon to embark on a long-term programme of research into a very rare and hitherto little-known condition which he first brought to public attention following his skilful piece of self-diagnosis : tosh-nucleosis

Commonly defined in layman's terms as the ability to embarrass oneself on sports forums by writing consistently nonsensical waffle, it is considered in medical circles as a form of addiction which - on the evidence of Dr SA's past and ongoing contributions - has no proven cure.

Sadly, no financial funding has yet been secured for this vital research and so any monetary donations will be welcome.

lags72

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:48 pm

Laver Fan, you are just rising to the WUM bait here. Leave him to it?...

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:52 pm

Henman Bill wrote:Laver Fan, you are just rising to the WUM bait here. Leave him to it?...
Agreed HB. Hug

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:00 am

@ Lags laughing Laugh thats very funny OK

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:42 am

lags72 wrote:The world of medicine is currently buzzing with the news that in his unceasing quest for further glorious discoveries, Dr SA/UE is soon to embark on a long-term programme of research into a very rare and hitherto little-known condition which he first brought to public attention following his skilful piece of self-diagnosis : tosh-nucleosis

Commonly defined in layman's terms as the ability to embarrass oneself on sports forums by writing consistently nonsensical waffle, it is considered in medical circles as a form of addiction which - on the evidence of Dr SA's past and ongoing contributions - has no proven cure.

Sadly, no financial funding has yet been secured for this vital research and so any monetary donations will be welcome.

He got off light. I've seen Dr_Sincere get Premature Speculation on 606, not a pretty sight I can tell you.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by sirfredperry Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:47 pm

Don't know that much about mono except it's a posh way of saying glandular fever (GF) wot I got in 1974.
They said at the time that it really takes two years to completely get over GF. I certainly felt tired for a number of months afterwards, although I was playing cricket during that period.
Like many things, you can get it bad or not so bad. If Fed had got it really bad he would not have played at all. Sadly for Sod, he appears to have got it really bad.

sirfredperry

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:25 pm

sirfredperry wrote:Don't know that much about mono except it's a posh way of saying glandular fever (GF) wot I got in 1974.
They said at the time that it really takes two years to completely get over GF. I certainly felt tired for a number of months afterwards, although I was playing cricket during that period.
Like many things, you can get it bad or not so bad. If Fed had got it really bad he would not have played at all. Sadly for Sod, he appears to have got it really bad.

In other words, "Genuine Mono" diagnosed by a genuine doctor, not one pending charges against "diagnostic crimes".

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:33 pm

Simple_Analyst wrote:In other words, "Genuine Mono" diagnosed by a genuine doctor, not one pending charges against "diagnostic crimes".

By 'pending charges' do you mean the ones you completely made up in libellous fashion, or do they have some vague connection to the real world which the rest of us live in? Smile

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:18 pm

The tragedy of Simplistic is that this didn't start out as a wum thread, it began because he didn't understand the nature of the disease but as that's become more and more evident he's had to try to make it ironic.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:18 pm

Julius, it's a mystery the doctor actually said it was mono. May be "mono" came into his thoughts first and he stuck to it. For us In-knowledge tennis fans who saw Federer on court hanging onto his dear life against Djokovic, he looked perfectly healthy.

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:22 pm

Simple_Analyst wrote:
laverfan wrote:

Did you mean to be really funny and refer to Dr Seuss, the well-known author of wacky childrens books such as "Green Eggs and Ham", and not Dr Zeus, who without the medical title was the father of the Greek Pantheon of Gods?

I know you'd never make such an elementary mistake. I mean, you're not an idiot are you? I'm sure you'll enlighten me on who Dr Zeus really is.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:29 pm

Simple_Analyst wrote:In other words, "Genuine Mono" diagnosed by a genuine doctor, not one pending charges against "diagnostic crimes".

'Genuine Mono' vs. 'Mono'! + 'Genuine Doctors'. vs. 'Doctors'! == 'Genuine Tennis Players' vs. 'Tennis Players'!

Erm All this to bash a specific player. Sad

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:34 pm

Simple_Analyst wrote:Julius, it's a mystery the doctor actually said it was mono. May be "mono" came into his thoughts first and he stuck to it.

I had the same doctor. I went in with sore shoulder, his first thought was 'haemorroids' and he stuck to it. Now I walk in a peculiar fashion.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:00 pm

Of course the intelligent and not-idiot Bogbrush demands every Dr character with an "e' and "u" in their name must be named Dr Seuss.

Now to important matters. Laverfan, where did i bash a player?

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:24 pm

Oh ok, that's a relief. The thought was starting to occur that maybe you really did mean Dr Seuss and had just not realised that he had a different name from the father of the Greek Gods.

So was it a hilarious pun that passed me by? If so, what was the joke?
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:32 pm

Oh it passed you by since reference to Dr Seuss might have really left you in clutches from laughter. How any one will find that funny, i have no idea but then it's Boggo we talking about here so you never know.

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:36 pm

Uh, so who is Dr. Zeus, as referred to above as diagnosing Fed?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:46 pm

I have no idea what you meant, Simplistic, and despite having numerous opportunities to clarify that you've so far failed so to do.

Was is Seuss? Was it Zeus? If either, what on Earth were you trying to achieve? Will anyone ever know? Do you?
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:46 pm

Julius, off course you wouldn't have heard of the highly incompetent fictional Dr Zeus, the travellers. Infact, any reference to Dr Seuss here deserves mockery. Incompetence was never a word you'll associate with Dr Zeus or his characters.

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:53 pm

Good to see you've been busy on Wiki desperately trying to salvage some credibility.

You shouldn't have bothered.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:01 pm

Simple_Analyst wrote:Julius, off course you wouldn't have heard of the highly incompetent fictional Dr Zeus, the travellers.

I still haven't. Why would I?
Dr Zeus was a fictional group (?) of incompetent travellers, is that right? What sort of travellers and in what way incompetent?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:07 pm

Laugh Can see Boggo went to learn something new for a change. So now you know the difference between Dr Zeus and Dr Seuss.

Well Julius, the secret is getting a read on the stories of Dr Zeus. Shouldn't be hard, together with Boggo, you can add it to Santa's wish list for christmas.

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:13 pm

Simple_Analyst wrote: Well Julius, the secret is getting a read on the stories of Dr Zeus.

Or I could just ask someone who already knows and hope to get a reply Smile

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:15 pm

So was it Dr Zeus you were trying to reference, and if so can you explain to the forum what on Earth you were trying to achieve by equating Dr Zeus/Seuss to Federers doctor?

Even by your standards this is thin stuff indeed.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:32 pm

Lol, the incompetence of Federer's Dr used as a theme here has passed you by yet again. You see ignorance on a subject makes it thin stuff indeed. How were you supposed to understand when you never heard of the character Dr Zeus before?! I keep thinking, don't i have anything better to do? Yes, i got dust to clean under my fridge.

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:41 pm

Simple_Analyst wrote:i got dust to clean under my fridge.

That's nothing. I've got a Cat in a Hat causing havoc downstairs!

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:07 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Simple_Analyst wrote:i got dust to clean under my fridge.

That's nothing. I've got a Cat in a Hat causing havoc downstairs!

Are you trying to suggest he meant Dr Seuss??! Shocking, he obviously meant the hugely famous Dr Zeus.

Do you think Simplistic is some kind of idiot??
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:22 pm

Simple_Analyst wrote:where did i bash a player?

Shows again the devastating effects of a genuine mononucleosis.

Implying disingenuousness.

Lol, the incompetence of Federer's Dr used as a theme here has passed you by yet again.

Implying incompetence of both the doctor and consequently the patient.

Uncivilised attempts, I say. Laugh

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down