The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Raw anonymous GM

+2
Marky
BigPhil
6 posters

Go down

The Raw anonymous GM Empty The Raw anonymous GM

Post by Guest Mon 12 Dec 2011, 12:44 pm

What happened to this idea?

Was it just written out as if fans wouldn't remember the whole concept?

I was quite intrigued to see who it was.....

Back to top Go down

The Raw anonymous GM Empty Re: The Raw anonymous GM

Post by BigPhil Mon 12 Dec 2011, 2:25 pm

It was just phased out. There was never anything to it, and just a way to justify the making of matches and it seemed to work because people got a bit caught up in the mystery of 'who it was'.

BigPhil

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon 12 Dec 2011, 4:09 pm

It was Bull Buchanan originally, until he nixed the idea due to contracting rabies.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 12 Dec 2011, 4:57 pm

I think they had somebody in mind at first, and it would probably have something to do with the Nexus angle. However, once they booked the Nexus angle horribly and essentially buried what could have been an amazing storyline they booked themselves into knots with the Anonymous GM and so quietly phased it out, which is probably the best option as trying to bring somebody in after all the months would have ultimately been an anti-climax and also would reveal several plot holes.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 12 Dec 2011, 8:36 pm

Its a shame that angle all went wrong. As said above it could of turned into a fantastic storyline but was booked awfully. I think HHH would of been perfect as the Raw GM and the man behind the nexus

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by rumfish mcallister Mon 12 Dec 2011, 9:54 pm

it was hornswoggle.. its quite obvious really, had to communicate by email due to his inability to speak.

now he has the ability to talk he will unveil himself as the anonymous gm and enter himself into the royal rumble at number 30 and goes on to win eliminating sheamus in a similar way the battle royal win. He then wins the title at wrestlemania and defends it against the rock the following year

great work by the wwe, bamboozled all of us

rumfish mcallister

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Caboose Tue 13 Dec 2011, 12:12 pm

The interesting thing about the Annonymous RAW GM was that he/she/it was somewhat neutral towards competitors. Yes there was some harassment of faces, but a lot of heels were punished for misbehaviour too.

I think Cole was the obvious choice, classic hide the truth right in front of your face plotting. However the harder he got pushed, it became obvious people hated Cole in a "go away" manner.

It did occur to me that while the "Michael Cole is a s**t" angle was originally building, Vince viewed the whole thing as an allegory to his own character development from;

1) bullied commentator/interviewer (Jesse and Lawler used to mock Vince on air)
2) commentator backing his favourite guys (Vince practically gushed over HBK between 1995 and 1997).
3) Commentator often jokingly referred to having stroke (I remember Cena and Punk a couple of times talking about Cole influencing things).
Stage 4 would have been the full on GM role heel mode, but as I said Cole got "go away" heat, and that was that.

Laurinitus was probably the best alternate, and he has essentially filled the role of the anonymous GM. He also at times seems to maintain a neutrality, like how he doesn't like Del Rio that much, just thinks he has a better look than Punk. And notice how he doesn't particularly like or dislike Cena. Just likes to make him squirm a little as did the Anonymous GM.

Don Caboose

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down