The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EXCLUSIVE - Isinbayeva returns to her original coach

2 posters

Go down

EXCLUSIVE - Isinbayeva returns to her original coach Empty EXCLUSIVE - Isinbayeva returns to her original coach

Post by Guest Sun 13 Mar - 10:29

Isinbayeva has returned to her original coach, Evgeniy Trofimov, according to the management of the two-time and reigning Olympic champion and world record holder of women's pole vault on a "Forgiveness Sunday", as aptly put by the latter:

http://www.iaaf.org/news/kind=100/newsid=59502.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is clear that the best athlete does not always make the best coach, I have lost count of the times i have seen this happen in this country especially were poaching is the cause. I believe Philips Idowo would have been well over 18 m now had he stayed with his coach.

Back to top Go down

EXCLUSIVE - Isinbayeva returns to her original coach Empty Re: EXCLUSIVE - Isinbayeva returns to her original coach

Post by lsabre Sun 13 Mar - 14:03

I think that most people within the athletics quarters felt at the time that Yelena Isinbayeva might have made a wrong move when she decided to leave long-time coach Trofimov for the glamour of Monaco, as it turned out in the end.

She gradually lost her overwhelming competitive edge and became a 'mortal' to suffer defeats on the big stage that even forced her to a temporary year-long retirement from the sport, only to opt for the way back this winter.

But, despite an arguable successful return, she hasn't quite looked like the Isinbayeva of the old and that might have dictated a late pull-out from the European Indoor Champs in Paris, though the Russian asserted illness as the grounds behind her decision.

That doesn't necessarily mean that her recent coach was bad or was doing something wrong with her but so many times what may work for a certain athlete, great as one may have been, doesn't necessarily work for another. Following that, by turn, the new training regime didn't quite work for Isinbayeva. So, I guess, it was about time she returned to the drawing board and took things from the top to regain the authority she used to enjoy a few seasons ago.

I'm not falling in line as concerns Phillips Idowu's case, though, because his development and transformation as a very top competitor since he joined Aston Moore up in Birmingham is unquestionable and has fully vindicated his move.

Under John Herbert, Idowu always looked to be struggling with injuries and kept failing to make his early form count when it came to the crunch through the outdoor season.

Moore was able to identify those weak links in his performance and work out a regime that has enabled the reigning world champion to enjoy long healthy spells, polished up his jumping technique and speed on the runway and helped turn into a fierce big time competitor. His contribution and influence is crystal clear.

That said, I do consider Herbert an excellent coach but I think he took Phillips as far as he could, winning a World and European indoor as well as a Commonwealth title in three straight seasons. From there on, the athlete had to move on to enhance his chances of fulfilling his potential, as he's been doing since 2008. There are different kind of coaches around and others are experts in bringing an athlete up to international standard from scratch whereas others have the expertise to put those final touches and turn a quality international into a big time competitor.

Last edited by lsabre on Sun 13 Mar - 19:11; edited 1 time in total

lsabre

Back to top Go down

EXCLUSIVE - Isinbayeva returns to her original coach Empty Re: EXCLUSIVE - Isinbayeva returns to her original coach

Post by lsabre Sun 13 Mar - 14:15

On the side, I'm sorry I've had to edit your original post, Flash, but posting full stories from other websites can also be subject to copyright pretty much as images. Please, try to write a short intro or account of the story and place the respective link underneath. Thanks.

lsabre

Back to top Go down

Post by camerajuan Sun 13 Mar - 17:17

Don't apologise, he needs to learn how to reveal his sources.

camerajuan

https://www.youtube.com/user/pondguard22?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 13 Mar - 17:19

You need to mind your own business sunshine....no probs Lsabre!

Back to top Go down

Post by camerajuan Mon 14 Mar - 1:17

Public forum = my business.

Don't even try to pretend you don't know what I'm on about.

camerajuan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Mar - 10:18

like I said mind your own business lsabre was commenting to me not you

Back to top Go down

Post by camerajuan Mon 14 Mar - 10:43

Like I said, public forum.

You want privacy? PM someone. These boards are open to discussion to any registered member. You don't make the rules and you don't get to tell people what is and isn't their business.

camerajuan

Back to top Go down

Post by lsabre Mon 14 Mar - 11:07

Guys, let's get back to the topic here. ;-)

lsabre

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down