The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sonny bill Williams to fight for title

+8
azania
paperbag_puncher
ONETWOFOREVER
TopHat24/7
Mind the windows Tino.
bellchees
AlexHuckerby
Waingro
12 posters

Go down

Sonny bill Williams to fight for title Empty Sonny bill Williams to fight for title

Post by Waingro Wed 14 Dec 2011, 2:30 pm

Many of you who follow rugby will know Sonny Bill Williams he is a quality player for New Zealand. This guy is an unbelievable athlete who has a big passion for boxing he does rugby mainly but also does boxing as part of his training and the off season. He is unbeaten in all his pro fights. Next Feb in 2012 he will be fighting for the New Zealand heavyweight title. This is not a big title but has been won by guys like Tua in the past who was a quality heavyweight.

This would be a big acheivement for Williams who has also won the world cup and shows how good he is. How do people think he would do if he turned to boxing full time imo he has alot of potential and could be a massive star he is already huge in New Zealand and well known around the world. He is only 26 and has been doing boxing for since he was a kid. I would love to see him become a full time boxer if he wins the heavyweight title for new zealand that could be a start! David Tua has said he would like to fight him if Williams can win the New Zealand title this would be a match that would have big interest in New Zealand where both guys are big stars.

What do people think this guy has lots of potential but maybe he will stay with rugby but if not could we see him as a future world champion?

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Sonny bill Williams to fight for title Empty Re: Sonny bill Williams to fight for title

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 14 Dec 2011, 2:36 pm

Seems like a nice enoguh guy he's in great shape, but he's so ridiculously good looking and must get a fair amount playing Rugby why on earth does he want to do boxing?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Sonny bill Williams to fight for title Empty Re: Sonny bill Williams to fight for title

Post by bellchees Wed 14 Dec 2011, 2:49 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:Seems like a nice enoguh guy he's in great shape, but he's so ridiculously good looking and must get a fair amount playing Rugby why on earth does he want to do boxing?

He is dreamy.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 14 Dec 2011, 3:11 pm

bellchees wrote:
AlexHuckerby wrote:Seems like a nice enoguh guy he's in great shape, but he's so ridiculously good looking and must get a fair amount playing Rugby why on earth does he want to do boxing?

He is dreamy.

A real dish.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 14 Dec 2011, 4:17 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
bellchees wrote:

He is dreamy.

A real dish.

A 'spunk', as our antipodean cousins would say...

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 14 Dec 2011, 4:18 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5d_xWbvNAYM

He's rubbish take a look.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 14 Dec 2011, 4:20 pm

LOL

If he cant beat David Tua's big toe what hope does he have.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Thu 15 Dec 2011, 12:13 am

I'd fear for him if he fought Tua. Its a huge step up from the guys hes fought and he mightn't be so pretty afterwards..

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 15 Dec 2011, 12:28 am

If it was in black and white they'd be ATGs. Yahoo

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Thu 15 Dec 2011, 12:32 am

Tumbleweed

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Thu 15 Dec 2011, 9:57 am

He's a terrific athlete in amazing condition but from what I've seen of his boxing, he won't get beyond domestic level.
I doubt it will bother him much as he's a rugby player first and does boxing as more a side novelty.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Thu 15 Dec 2011, 11:51 am

azania wrote:If it was in black and white they'd be ATGs. Yahoo

Wearing a bit thin now, az.

Most folks here have a very balanced view of the old timers. Few claim that they were routinely better than moderns but, rather, accept that a great fighter is a great fighter regardless of his vintage. I don't recall a single occasion here at v2 when a history enthusiast has trashed Mayweather, Manny, SRL, etc., etc.

You are the one who draws a line on a calendar to separate the great from the good.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by rapidringsroad Thu 15 Dec 2011, 7:46 pm

I agree with you OneTwo, his last opponent was a part time Taxi driver who was on a sickness benefit and he went the distance. I think I would even pick Tua to beat him. I must admit though he does look the part.

rapidringsroad

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 15 Dec 2011, 7:51 pm

He should stick to rugby

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Thu 15 Dec 2011, 8:58 pm

Tua is old and past it now so I reckon Williams might have a chance against him he is in far better shape.

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 15 Dec 2011, 9:00 pm

Why would a man of his rugby talent even wanna do boxing anyway

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Thu 15 Dec 2011, 9:02 pm

Steffan wrote:Why would a man of his rugby talent even wanna do boxing anyway

I think he just has a big passion for it mate he is not in it for the money anyway

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 15 Dec 2011, 9:08 pm

Waingro wrote:

I think he just has a big passion for it mate he is not in it for the money anyway

Thats what I mean. The guy could earn a fortune in rugby (already has) yet if he took this up after rugby then fair enough but why now aged 26. Just kinda like for example Carl Froch leaving the Super 6 to play football or something. Weird

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Thu 15 Dec 2011, 9:12 pm

Steffan wrote:
Waingro wrote:

Thats what I mean. The guy could earn a fortune in rugby (already has) yet if he took this up after rugby then fair enough but why now aged 26. Just kinda like for example Carl Froch leaving the Super 6 to play football or something. Weird

He is not giving up rugby he is just doing boxing during his off season and as part of his rugby training but he will go back to rugby when the season starts up again he just wants to do this in his spare time.

Shows how talented he is tbh that he can do it part time and still be good at it I would say the other teams in rugby are hoping he will stick to boxing lol!

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 15 Dec 2011, 9:16 pm

Waingro wrote:Shows how talented he is tbh that he can do it part time and still be good at it I would say the other teams in rugby are hoping he will stick to boxing lol!

The money he was on at Toulon was nuts. Not sure how much he is on a the Crusaders now. I think he will come and play in France again as thats where the money is. If he became heavyweight champion of the world though that could change things a bit Laugh

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 15 Dec 2011, 9:47 pm

Waingro wrote:Tua is old and past it now so I reckon Williams might have a chance against him he is in far better shape.

Williams has as much chance against Tua as I have in saying Rocky is a top 20 ATG. In short: no chance.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Thu 15 Dec 2011, 10:09 pm

azania wrote:
Waingro wrote:Tua is old and past it now so I reckon Williams might have a chance against him he is in far better shape.

Williams has as much chance against Tua as I have in saying Rocky is a top 20 ATG. In short: no chance.

This.

Tua may be old and past it but he still has the power in that left hand to decapitate Sonny. Tua has KO'd 10 times more opponents than Sonny has fought and has only lost 4 times. As it stands its a total mismatch.

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down