The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WBC orders Chavez Jr vs Martinez - Watch Chavez Jr give his belt up.

+7
Valero's Conscience
KingMonkey
The Galveston Giant
AlexHuckerby
Gameshow Heist
Knowsit17
School Project
11 posters

Go down

WBC orders Chavez Jr vs Martinez - Watch Chavez Jr give his belt up. Empty WBC orders Chavez Jr vs Martinez - Watch Chavez Jr give his belt up.

Post by School Project Fri 16 Dec 2011, 1:55 am

Hi guys, first post on here for a while...

WBC have finally decided to sacrifice Daddies little soldier (Chavez Jr) to Martinez. They have put forth notion that Chavez's mandatory is Martinez (ironic as Martinez is the actual champion?).

Lou Dibella has been quoted: "Chavez can't take an interim fight. He has to fight Martinez next, unless we reach an agreement, Sergio and myself, with [Top Rank Inc. CEO] Bob Arum, or Chavez gets stripped. I'll be talking with Arum and HBO. They've ordered Chavez against Martnez next, but I don't believe that's going to happen."

School Project personal thoughts:

Personally I am glad that a "champion" has been force to actually fight the number 1 and not hide from it. It's nice to see a governing body finally take charge and it makes perfect sense for this to happen. However, I can see Arum doing everything in his power to stop this fight from happening as "Martinez is not a PPV fighter" (as he has previously quoted).

School Project

Back to top Go down

WBC orders Chavez Jr vs Martinez - Watch Chavez Jr give his belt up. Empty Re: WBC orders Chavez Jr vs Martinez - Watch Chavez Jr give his belt up.

Post by Knowsit17 Fri 16 Dec 2011, 2:42 am

As it should be. I wouldn't hold my breathe though, as you say there's still time for Chavez to relinquish the title or possibly feign injury leading up to the fight.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

WBC orders Chavez Jr vs Martinez - Watch Chavez Jr give his belt up. Empty Re: WBC orders Chavez Jr vs Martinez - Watch Chavez Jr give his belt up.

Post by Gameshow Heist Fri 16 Dec 2011, 8:29 am

Chavez Jr is not a patch on his old man. Martinez would smash him.

Gameshow Heist

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 16 Dec 2011, 8:57 am

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHA! What a Christmas present!!! This is great news, now let's see if Chavez really is a ducker, because there's no excuse now!!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Fri 16 Dec 2011, 9:00 am

Suprised the WBC have done this.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Fri 16 Dec 2011, 9:41 am

Yep, I used to regard the WBC as 'THE' world title but they've been knocking out super and diamond belts to diminish everything. Good move.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 16 Dec 2011, 9:42 am

We complain about the governing bodies an awful lot, but this is a move in the right direction, so fair play to them, will be awesome to see what move Chavez makes as for once there is a real threat of losing!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Fri 16 Dec 2011, 9:48 am

The Galveston Giant wrote:Suprised the WBC have done this.

Same here, this doesn't excuse what the WBC previously did to Martinez in favour of Chavez Jr but at least it will either lead to either:

1- Martinez being able to spank him and shove Roach's comments about him being a bum down his face.

2- Chavez gives up belt to fight Alvarez exposing him as a fake champ, not that anyone thinks otherwise anyway!

Either way i'm happy!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 16 Dec 2011, 9:58 am

Chavez Jr. is still a tad underrated (Not saying he's particularly good mind you) but he isn't actually that bad either. Martinez stilll spanks him with a lot of time to spare however.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Fri 16 Dec 2011, 10:10 am

AlexHuckerby wrote:Chavez Jr. is still a tad underrated (Not saying he's particularly good mind you) but he isn't actually that bad either. Martinez stilll spanks him with a lot of time to spare however.

I know what you're saying but his 'at present' lack of desire to fight anyone decent leads him into the criticism.

2 years ago I saw him and he looked awful and when I saw his last fight he had vastly improved but still looked nothing special. Still hope Martinez spanks him though!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 16 Dec 2011, 10:38 am

Yeah same, saw him up against a bit of a journeyman ages ago, (Think it was on the Pac/Cotto undercard actually) and he was awful in that, seems to have improved drastically under Freddie Roach though, still no genuine world beater though.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Fri 16 Dec 2011, 11:00 am

Problem is Chavez has knowhere to turn really, i mean who can he now fight? He's world champ, he has to fight the guys knocking on the door. And those include Cotto, Canelo, Martinez, Pirog and co. And he loses to them all.

Will be funny to see Arum try and worm out of this one. I might even send a strongly worded email. Meow.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Fri 16 Dec 2011, 12:29 pm

Arum has now been quoted on the ring website (I can't add the link as I'm on my phone). But he says "no one is ordering anyone to do anything... the can order until they're blue in the face".

Nice to see Arum be as concise as ever.

Personally I would love to see governing bodies have the power to not work with certain promoters, but that'll never happen Sad

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 16 Dec 2011, 1:00 pm

Arum is adament that this fight doesn't happen Laugh facts are they are the governing body of the belt, so it's up to them, either they fight or he gets stripped, if they are forced to fight it would be interesting to see if he relinquishes his belt.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Fri 16 Dec 2011, 1:30 pm

Arum's a joke, problem is he is more powerful than the organisations and the WBC probably wouldn't take much to do something dodgy so I wouldn't be surprised if the WBC make a u-turn, however it will destroy their already shot credibility if they do so.

It appears Arum albeit old is not blind and knows Chavez would lose and he'll most likely vacate and fight someone less challenging, how inspirational!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Fri 16 Dec 2011, 1:34 pm

In simple terms - Chavez will relinquish the belt, Arum will get him a few bum fights where he will probably pick up a title. Chavez will then step up in weight and fight some old bum or an inactive fighter and then claim to be multi-weight world champ without beating anyone of note. Mexican fans will probably nut hug him for decades. We will all sit here pi"$ed off that this has been allowed to happen. Then he will retire as a "living legend" after having fough a bunch of journey men, or having been fed titles by Arum.

Hopefully Arum will retire after that, and then everybody can enjoy boxing again, because at the moment, i do not.........purely because of him.

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sat 17 Dec 2011, 12:44 pm

Chavez is fighting his mandatory, Rubio, then he has to fight Martinez before June.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Sat 17 Dec 2011, 5:28 pm

It is good that a champion has to fight the number one contender, I like mandatories. However, mandatories are not forced on champions on a consistant basis. I wonder if the WBC would force Mayweather into a mandatory or threaten to strip him if he didn't comply?

The WBO to the best of my knowledge has never told Pacquiao to make a mandatory defense.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down