The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coventry City sack manager Aidy Boothroyd

+2
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
David Tails
6 posters

Go down

Coventry City sack manager Aidy Boothroyd  Empty Coventry City sack manager Aidy Boothroyd

Post by David Tails Mon 14 Mar 2011, 11:00 am

Coventry City have sacked manager Aidy Boothroyd following a run of only one victory in 16 league games.

Boothroyd, 40, was appointed Sky Blues boss in May 2010 following the departure of Chris Coleman.

Assistant boss Martin Pert has also left while first-team coach Steve Harrison and chief scout Andy Thorn have been put in temporary charge.

Coventry are now looking for their 10th manager in 10 years since Gordon Strachan left in September 2001.

Boothroyd left Colchester United, where he had been manager for nine and a half months, to take charge at the Ricoh Arena.

He had previously been in charge at Watford and led the Hornets to the Premier League in 2006, his first full campaign in management, before they were relegated the following season. He left Vicarage Road in November 2008.

A statement on the club website read: "We would like to place on record our thanks to Aidy and Martin for their efforts.

"We will not be holding a media conference today as the team is preparing for the match at Burnley."

Full Story : BBC Sport - Click Here

David Tails

http://officerrahl.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Coventry City sack manager Aidy Boothroyd  Empty Re: Coventry City sack manager Aidy Boothroyd

Post by Guest Mon 14 Mar 2011, 11:24 am

Absolutely ridiculous decision in my eyes, regardless of the run, Boothroyd's a top manager, and deserves better than that!

Back to top Go down

Coventry City sack manager Aidy Boothroyd  Empty Re: Coventry City sack manager Aidy Boothroyd

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Mon 14 Mar 2011, 12:37 pm

Idiots.

I don't think he'll be out of work long.

MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Mar 2011, 12:45 pm

I understand football is a results business, but he inherited a rubbish team, and the rebuilding process can be a long one!

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Mon 14 Mar 2011, 3:37 pm

I can't stand teams like Coventry who are no where near a huge club yet can just sack managers here and there. What were they realistically expecting Aidy to do? Shocking treatment and I hope that they don't get a decent manager in charge to replace him!

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 14 Mar 2011, 3:39 pm

i hope they end up in league 1

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by jamesedwardcox Mon 14 Mar 2011, 6:36 pm

cov fans aren't exactly happy about this either

can't see the point in sacking another manager

jamesedwardcox

Back to top Go down

Post by davidl1061 Mon 14 Mar 2011, 7:24 pm

When sacking a manager you have to surely think that if we sack him can another manager do any better. I dont think any other manager could do any more than he was doing!

davidl1061

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down