The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malky Mackay is the new manager of Cardiff City

+3
AberdeenSteve
sodhat
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
7 posters

Go down

Malky Mackay is the new manager of Cardiff City Empty Malky Mackay is the new manager of Cardiff City

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Fri 17 Jun 2011, 4:02 pm

Malky Mackay has been confirmed as Cardiff City's new manager according to Watford FC's official website.

http://www.watfordfc.com/page/NewsDetail/0,,10400~2378202,00.html

As a Watford fan I would like to thank Malky for a doing a superb job under difficult circumstances these past two years, and wish him and Cardiff City all the best for the coming season. I think Cardiff have got themselves a fantastic manager.

If Wales end up with two teams in the Premiership, they know which club to thank Smile

Back to top Go down

Malky Mackay is the new manager of Cardiff City Empty Re: Malky Mackay is the new manager of Cardiff City

Post by sodhat Fri 17 Jun 2011, 4:05 pm

Will there be much anger from Watford fans for him leaving, or is it accepted that he has to move on to progress?

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Malky Mackay is the new manager of Cardiff City Empty Re: Malky Mackay is the new manager of Cardiff City

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Fri 17 Jun 2011, 4:08 pm

I don't think there will be sodhat . And there shouldn't be.

Cardiff is a step-up from Watford in my opinion. Bigger club, better stadium, bigger ambitions. And I'm sure the pay is better.

He's been nothing but a gentleman during this process, and given the shambles Brendan Rogers made of handling his resignation two years ago, he looks a saint in comparison Smile

And as I said, he's done a fantastic job and laid some good foundations for someone else to take over.

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Fri 17 Jun 2011, 4:13 pm

The man now has the colossal task to fining a team for Cardiff to field on the opening day of the season Laugh

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Fri 17 Jun 2011, 4:21 pm

I hope he fails Steve...at least for one game. I'd love a forefeit win!

Fair enough Demon, it's a very noble stance you have. So many fans hold grudges for managers moving on (although in McLeish's case it may be understandable!).

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Fri 17 Jun 2011, 4:21 pm

To be fair Steve, he was facing that task whatever his decision was Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Fri 17 Jun 2011, 4:24 pm

Are there a lot of guys leaving at Watford too?

Do you think that when he returns to Vicarage Road he'll get a warm reception from your lot mate?

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 17 Jun 2011, 4:25 pm

the only people i see leaving watford are cowie and sordell but that's about it tbh.

i have a dislike of cardiff city trying to buy promotion when they can't afford it.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Fri 17 Jun 2011, 4:34 pm

AberdeenSteve wrote:Are there a lot of guys leaving at Watford too?

Do you think that when he returns to Vicarage Road he'll get a warm reception from your lot mate?

Yeah. I hope so. He's thought of highly and that shouldn't change IMO.

fernando wrote: the only people i see leaving watford are cowie and sordell but that's about it tbh

Cowie will leave. He's too good, and we've obviously set our stall as a cash-in club this summer. I don't think Sordell will. He finished the season poorly, plus he's playing with a hell of a lot of the players he came up through the youth system with now, which I think he'll enjoy.

Eustace will also go somewhere for a final swansong.

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Fri 17 Jun 2011, 4:39 pm

Malky's press conference has just begun on SSN!

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Fri 17 Jun 2011, 4:39 pm

good luck to malky (norwich legend). But i think he will struggle in getting in any players he iis looking at getting

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Fri 17 Jun 2011, 4:41 pm

AberdeenSteve wrote:Malky's press conference has just begun on SSN!

Ah Balls,

I'm still in work.

Let me know the key points Steve - especially any mention of Watford thumbsup

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Fri 17 Jun 2011, 4:45 pm

3 year contract for him and he has been given money to spend so the Chief Executive says.

He is currently talking about the reason he left Watford; and they were pretty much exactly what you said Demon. Cardiff are a bigger club and he wants to manage at the top level.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Fri 17 Jun 2011, 4:46 pm

fernando wrote:the only people i see leaving watford are cowie and sordell but that's about it tbh.

i have a dislike of cardiff city trying to buy promotion when they can't afford it.

Could it be more that they can't afford not to? One season in the Prem is worth plenty in the Championship...

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Fri 17 Jun 2011, 5:27 pm

Thanks Steve.

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Fri 17 Jun 2011, 7:13 pm

Nando, how did we try to buy promotion? We have made more in transfer fees than we have spent over the last five or so years.

And why can't we afford it? Our only main creditor is a former owner, not due for another few years and may not even be legal.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 17 Jun 2011, 7:27 pm

to be fair last time i checked you were being hit with a winding up order so unless ive missed your lot getting new owners i don't get how you could afford craig bellamy's wages let alone all these loan players uve brought in.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Fri 17 Jun 2011, 8:18 pm

A winding order that was dismissed after we paid our tax bill? If we didn't we'd have been wound up.

We could have gone into administration, paid our creditors 10p in the pound like Palace, Portsmouth, Swansea and others and noone would have cared. As we took a bit longer and paid our debts in full people seem to have a problem.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 18 Jun 2011, 1:55 pm

No doubts Cardiff have got themselves a top up and coming Manager, I like big Malky, he also deserves credit for the manor in which he got players playing, I'm not sure Cardiff are the right club at the moment, there seems to be big expectation and a massive rebuilding job, still I like both team and manager so I hope it works out

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down