The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malky Mackay to hold talks with Cardiff City

3 posters

Go down

Malky Mackay to hold talks with Cardiff City Empty Malky Mackay to hold talks with Cardiff City

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:11 am

Watford have "reluctantly accepted" an approach from Cardiff City to speak to manager Malky Makay.

It's reported that Mackay requested permission to speak to the Bluebirds.

This is looking like a done deal dependant on a compensation agreement, rumoured to be worth £300k.

MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch

Back to top Go down

Malky Mackay to hold talks with Cardiff City Empty Re: Malky Mackay to hold talks with Cardiff City

Post by sodhat Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:19 am

Surprised really, as Cardiff only have 12 first team players signed to them at present (or so says my paper).

I guess that Danny Graham leaving could have made him wish for more ambition and Cardiff are certainly ambitious.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Malky Mackay to hold talks with Cardiff City Empty Re: Malky Mackay to hold talks with Cardiff City

Post by Enforcer Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:32 am

The rumours on the ITV Twitter earlier was that Mackay had offered his resignation. Not sure if it was true, but would have played a part in forcing Watford's hands if it was.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:37 am

Yeah, wouldn't be suprised.

This is a really bad period for Watford. In the space of two weeks this will be;

Danny Graham (best striker)
Will Buckley (one of the best midfielders)
Julian Winter (Chief Executive)
Malky Mackay (Manager)

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:45 am

Do you think you could be looking at more leaving as well Demon? If things are going that way, it is going to be hard to attract a decent manager.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:51 am

New manager would be Shaun Dyche I reckon - Malky's assistant. (Unless he takes him). Attracting anyone else would be difficult. Personally I'd try Aidy Boothroyd again - as he's a free agent it would be cheap in temrs of no compo, and the regime that fired him have gone.

Who are your centre midfielders E? If you need one, I could see John Eustace being poached, and certainly Don Cowie.

Don Cowie will leave for sure.
Martin Taylor will leave - he's a Premiership standard centre back, and I think he's only at Watford because of the confidence knock he suffered from breaking Eduardo's leg. He's over that now.

I don't think there's anyone else at the club who could do better than Watford. Most are academy players.

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:03 am

Confirmed - Malky Mackay is the new manager of Cardiff.

I set up a separate thread with the link

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:07 am

Sorry Demon missed your post yesterday, central midfield for us is Steve McPhail at the moment. Whittingham has played there but he is a winger and possibly on his way anyway!

Glad to hear there are some decent midfielders Malky should be aware of, it's been our weak point for four or five years now!

Hopefully we'll be singing "Smart old Cowie took the Malky way!" next season.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down