The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ward v Hopkins won't happen..

+9
Rowley
coxy0001
Herman Jaeger
azania
joeyjojo618
AlexHuckerby
Super D Boon
OasisBFC
Commander
13 posters

Go down

Ward v Hopkins won't happen.. Empty Ward v Hopkins won't happen..

Post by Commander Mon 19 Dec 2011, 12:06 pm

According to BoxingScene, this is what went on backstage after the fight:

Ward: I appreciate you coming. They said David Haye was coming for him, and I said Bhop was coming for me.

Hopkins: That was a masterful performance.

Ward: This is your hometown.

Hopkins: It's yours now, we can share it. It's big enough for both of us.

Ward: BHop, we ain't fighting. I respect what you're doing and I wouldn't.

Cringe! boxing

Commander

Back to top Go down

Ward v Hopkins won't happen.. Empty Re: Ward v Hopkins won't happen..

Post by OasisBFC Mon 19 Dec 2011, 12:55 pm

well he's an idiot.
regardless of what happened, hopkins is the number one fighter in LHW.

and he'd make double if not triple against him than he would against bute.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Mon 19 Dec 2011, 1:01 pm

OasisBFC wrote:
And he'd make double if not triple against him than he would against bute.

Not sure about that. Bute is mega massive in Canada, far bigger than Ward is in America and of course Hopkins stinks the place out and is not that popular anymore.

They will both however not fight as Bute will insist he's the bigger draw so it must be held in Canada and Ward will insist on America because he's the divisional number 1. Ward already has few options if his divisional number 2 and IBF champ won't fight him and the top fighter at LHW won't fight him either.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Mon 19 Dec 2011, 1:07 pm

Super D Boon wrote:They will both however not fight as Bute will insist he's the bigger draw so it must be held in Canada and Ward will insist on America because he's the divisional number 1. Ward already has few options if his divisional number 2 and IBF champ won't fight him and the top fighter at LHW won't fight him either.

Bute has already stated he will fight Ward in NYC, however, Ward has stated that he will not give him the shot at 2 belts given he did not participate in the S6.

Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Mon 19 Dec 2011, 2:05 pm

Commander wrote:
Super D Boon wrote:They will both however not fight as Bute will insist he's the bigger draw so it must be held in Canada and Ward will insist on America because he's the divisional number 1. Ward already has few options if his divisional number 2 and IBF champ won't fight him and the top fighter at LHW won't fight him either.

Bute has already stated he will fight Ward in NYC, however, Ward has stated that he will not give him the shot at 2 belts given he did not participate in the S6.

ive read he's up for fighting bute as he wants all the belts.
if he doesnt fight bute he's just lost all the momentum he's gained in the S6. he's simply not a popular fighter, especially considering how good he is.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 19 Dec 2011, 2:21 pm

Would think at this stage in there careers, that Ward would be too much for Hopkins. Hopkins stamina isn't great anymore and Ward would make him work very hard, think Hopkins could be stopped late on mainly due to exhaustion unless he could make his way through his ridiculous bag of tricks and hustle his way to the line but even so would be suprised to see if he could win.

ANywho I don't know how many people were creaming over the prospect of quite possibly the two most boring fighters in there division facing off!!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyjojo618 Mon 19 Dec 2011, 2:30 pm

So he wont fight Hopkins because theres some kind of bromance developing, likewise either of the Dirrells. Someone should tell him hes in the fight game and he should be fighting whoever gets put in front of him.

joeyjojo618

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 19 Dec 2011, 2:36 pm

Hopefully it will never happen. Can you imagine how boring that fight would be?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Mon 19 Dec 2011, 2:37 pm

joeyjojo618 wrote:So he wont fight Hopkins because theres some kind of bromance developing, likewise either of the Dirrells. Someone should tell him hes in the fight game and he should be fighting whoever gets put in front of him.

Amen to that. laughing

Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Mon 19 Dec 2011, 2:42 pm

Amen as above.

I think Ward is blameless in this instance. It's all Hopkins who's aginst this one so far. Maybe that's just Hopkn's style. Maybe it's a ruse. Thigh potentially boring, one of the most interesting technical matchups in the sport today.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Mon 19 Dec 2011, 2:43 pm

Christ, don't mention bromance or we'll have the insane Davidemore returning.

Is probably because Ward knows BHop counters his left hand with his favoured right down the shute.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Mon 19 Dec 2011, 2:49 pm

Does seem a bit worrying that two of the most interesting tests for Ward are already being discounted. Of course Dirrell brings nothing to the table, so that one could happen down the line, if Dirrell doesn't get brutally stopped beforehand.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 19 Dec 2011, 2:55 pm

Don't care about their reasons but for me whatever the rationale behind it am just pleased they will not be fighting because try as I might I am struggling to think of a fight with more potential to stink the place out than these two.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyjojo618 Mon 19 Dec 2011, 2:57 pm

coxy0001 wrote:Christ, don't mention bromance or we'll have the insane Davidemore returning.

Maybe hes already here coxy rose

I see Andre has overcome his neurological issues and is due to resume fighting straight after the super six finished...

Disclaimer: I am not davidemore

joeyjojo618

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Mon 19 Dec 2011, 3:00 pm

Righ behind Ward in refusing Bute a shot though. Bute needs two belts to make that one viable.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Mon 19 Dec 2011, 3:04 pm

joeyjojo618 wrote:
coxy0001 wrote:Christ, don't mention bromance or we'll have the insane Davidemore returning.

Maybe hes already here coxy rose

I see Andre has overcome his neurological issues and is due to resume fighting straight after the super six finished...

Disclaimer: I am not davidemore

Christ, you just sent a cold chill down my spine. I do wonder if he ever actually did kill himself...

And i guess Dirrell's surgeon "Dr, er, Shaw, erm Shaw High" has cleared him to fight... Not that Dirrell wants to fight as after he gets tagged he'll start rowling around on the floor again.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by kevchadders Mon 19 Dec 2011, 3:07 pm

Herman Jaggery wrote:Does seem a bit worrying that two of the most interesting tests for Ward are already being discounted. Of course Dirrell brings nothing to the table, so that one could happen down the line, if Dirrell doesn't get brutally stopped beforehand.

Speaking of Dirrell am i the only one who thinks he's rubbish? May prove me wrong in the long run but when ever i've seen him fight i've not been impressed.

kevchadders

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Mon 19 Dec 2011, 3:11 pm

OasisBFC wrote:
Commander wrote:

ive read he's up for fighting bute as he wants all the belts.
if he doesnt fight bute he's just lost all the momentum he's gained in the S6. he's simply not a popular fighter, especially considering how good he is.

I haven't read anywhere that either Ward or Bute want the fight.............??

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 19 Dec 2011, 4:13 pm

Saw him on anoher forum coxy a couple months back

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sweet Science UK Mon 19 Dec 2011, 4:17 pm

Definitely one of the most cringe worthy things I've ever seen.

Either way I think Ward beats B-Hop. Him and Dawson would be a better fight but I think Dawson would beat him in a close decision, assuming Dawson comes in with the right mindset.

If he fights Bute, he wins that too.

I'd like to see him fight Dirrell & I think that fight will happen as I believe Dirrell is the mandatory challenger.
The Sweet Science UK
The Sweet Science UK

http://thesweetscienceuk.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Mon 19 Dec 2011, 5:09 pm

The Sweet Science UK wrote:Definitely one of the most cringe worthy things I've ever seen.

Either way I think Ward beats B-Hop. Him and Dawson would be a better fight but I think Dawson would beat him in a close decision, assuming Dawson comes in with the right mindset.

I'd like to see him fight Dirrell & I think that fight will happen as I believe Dirrell is the mandatory challenger.

Anthony Dirrell is the mandatory challenger I believe. I bet you were thinking of Andre Dirrell weren't you?

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sweet Science UK Mon 19 Dec 2011, 5:48 pm

Super D Boon wrote:
The Sweet Science UK wrote:Definitely one of the most cringe worthy things I've ever seen.

Anthony Dirrell is the mandatory challenger I believe. I bet you were thinking of Andre Dirrell weren't you?

Must have mate. Saw the name Dirrell and automatically assumed. Cheers for the correction though.
The Sweet Science UK
The Sweet Science UK

http://thesweetscienceuk.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Mon 19 Dec 2011, 6:08 pm

Would love to see Ward fight Hokins, primarily because I can't see Ward allowing Hopkins to get inside his head.

Hopkins is already off with the master/pupil bit, trying to convince Ward he is the pupil to Hopkins master. But this is a fight in which the pupil might outdo the master for me. Maybe Hopkins genuinely doesn't fancy the fight though.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Mon 19 Dec 2011, 6:51 pm

Hopkins would have a great chance against Ward. Ward looked shattered against Froch, even though he was allowed to fight at his own pace. Hopkins wouldnt need to worry too much about pacing himself against Ward, and Ward loves to fight inside on the ropes, where Hopkins could outsmart him

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down