The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

US Title *TLC Spoiler*

4 posters

Go down

US Title *TLC Spoiler* Empty US Title *TLC Spoiler*

Post by TwisT Mon 19 Dec 2011, 4:51 pm

So where do you guys see the two men that contested the battle for the US Title at TLC?

Ryder won, which is fair enough given that his popularity has sky rocketed over the last 6 months. I can see this to be his best chance in the company and I expect him to hold onto the belt for a while yet.

But what of Ziggler? I would like to think that the WWE are pushing him on for greater things and I don't think they will drag a Ryder v Ziggler series of matches for very long - if at all. I can see him and Vickki at odds as she turns against him for losing the belt - with a possible face turn (although this might be too early).

Then what next?

Jericho v Punk could happen at Mania, although I have already said I would rather it be Ziggler and Punk. Or he could contest for the WHC. That belt is up for grabs as I don't see Bryan holding on to it for long. Possible match against Orton at Mania in that case?

He lost the belt, but I feel 2012 will prove very eventful for Dolph.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

US Title *TLC Spoiler* Empty Re: US Title *TLC Spoiler*

Post by Stonee21 Mon 19 Dec 2011, 5:11 pm

No way should Dolph be put in for either the WWE or WHC at Wrestlemania, he simply is not big enough yet. He will get his rematch though most likely at the Rumble so I expect he will be having 2 matches again at that ppv.

I would like to see him get a spot in one of the Elimination chamber matches and break away from Vickie with him turning face. I would love to see him enter a feud with someone like ADR, a guy who is not to far ahead of him but is a Rumble winner and 2 time WWE champion with it culminating in a match at Wrestlemania and Ziggler going over.

Too often the WWE just pushes someone straight into the big time without giving them time to truly get over and when they don't draw they are dropped quicker than a prom night dumpster baby. I hope they let him grow and build after the face turn for 6 months, being involved in the odd title match but mainly feuding with guys like Truth, Miz, Adr etc. If Punk is to have an extended run as champ. This way he will of had time to really build on the mic, get over with the fans who aren't part of the IWC so when he does eventually win the big one he will completely over and firmly cementing his place as the best in the business right now. He is already the best seller and one of the best in ring and he has the fitness and ability to compete twice in 1 night (which should be played on/brought up more) which is very rare.

Slowly building will see him become one of wrestlings biggest stars, I just don't want to see him thrust up without getting properly over like ADR, Miz (to an extent), Swagger and many more before have.

Stonee21

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzzman Mon 19 Dec 2011, 6:40 pm

Stonee21 wrote:No way should Dolph be put in for either the WWE or WHC at Wrestlemania, he simply is not big enough yet. He will get his rematch though most likely at the Rumble so I expect he will be having 2 matches again at that ppv.

I would like to see him get a spot in one of the Elimination chamber matches and break away from Vickie with him turning face. I would love to see him enter a feud with someone like ADR, a guy who is not to far ahead of him but is a Rumble winner and 2 time WWE champion with it culminating in a match at Wrestlemania and Ziggler going over.

Too often the WWE just pushes someone straight into the big time without giving them time to truly get over and when they don't draw they are dropped quicker than a prom night dumpster baby. I hope they let him grow and build after the face turn for 6 months, being involved in the odd title match but mainly feuding with guys like Truth, Miz, Adr etc. If Punk is to have an extended run as champ. This way he will of had time to really build on the mic, get over with the fans who aren't part of the IWC so when he does eventually win the big one he will completely over and firmly cementing his place as the best in the business right now. He is already the best seller and one of the best in ring and he has the fitness and ability to compete twice in 1 night (which should be played on/brought up more) which is very rare.

Slowly building will see him become one of wrestlings biggest stars, I just don't want to see him thrust up without getting properly over like ADR, Miz (to an extent), Swagger and many more before have.

totally agree word for word. We all know how good Dolph is, but there is no need to ruin it by rushing him to the top, when it would be beneficial in the long term to really get him over before he is pushed right to the top.

Buzzman

Back to top Go down

Post by DDT Mon 19 Dec 2011, 6:49 pm

I can understand where Stone21 is coming from, but I don't see why Ziggler has to reach the top as a face. He is already well over as a heel, so why couldn't they have him face Orton or Punk at Mania as a heel with the Gold on the line.

I do agree though that he should turn face eventually, and that he wouldn't have enough time to build up a fan base, between now and Mania to be used as a face in the main event.

DDT

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonee21 Mon 19 Dec 2011, 7:06 pm

DDT the only reason we expect him and want him to turn face is to get away from Vickie and when they do split them up the only likely face would be Ziggler as I just don't think a face turn from her would be believable and I don't think the fans would go along with it and breaking away from her whilst remaining heel wouldn't really work as the fans would be cheering for it.

As I said before I think being in the main event at mania just wouldn't be credible, you just couldn't see him winning and he isn't a big enough draw right now. They need to slowly build him going over the occasional main event players and starting to feature more and more in number 1 contender matches/title matches so when he does win it will be believable and the fans will love it. Just look at HBK, Hart, HHH, SCSA etc. they were all built up slowly so when they finally did win it was huge and believable.

As the saying goes "Sometimes you need to look back in order to mover forward" and I think this is true for the WWE when it comes to building stars.

Stonee21

Back to top Go down

Post by DDT Mon 19 Dec 2011, 8:41 pm

Well Stone I agree with you that they can't go to WM this year, as a face. But why does he need to turn face, and why does he need to leave Vickie to get to the top. Edge went to WM as a heel with Vickie as his wife/girlfriend. The crowd already hate the guy, so he is well over as a heel.

A good heel usually needs someone in there corner, interfering in there matches, giving them an unfair advantage, so I don't see a problem with him and Vickie staying together, if he remains a heel.

DDT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down