The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

****TLC Spoliers**** Bryan pulls a....

+10
Danny Balboa 316
MtotheC
ADMIN
uberkiwi
Kay Fabe
DDT
Fernando
The Awesome Giz
Bull
Brady12
14 posters

Go down

Who would you want to win the title on Tuesday?

****TLC Spoliers**** Bryan pulls a.... Vote_lcap5%****TLC Spoliers**** Bryan pulls a.... Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
****TLC Spoliers**** Bryan pulls a.... Vote_lcap10%****TLC Spoliers**** Bryan pulls a.... Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 2 ]
****TLC Spoliers**** Bryan pulls a.... Vote_lcap35%****TLC Spoliers**** Bryan pulls a.... Vote_rcap 35% 
[ 7 ]
****TLC Spoliers**** Bryan pulls a.... Vote_lcap50%****TLC Spoliers**** Bryan pulls a.... Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 10 ]

Total Votes : 20

****TLC Spoliers**** Bryan pulls a.... Empty ****TLC Spoliers**** Bryan pulls a....

Post by Brady12 Mon 19 Dec 2011, 10:44 pm

Christian

Who would you have going over him on Smackdown this week?

Brady12

Back to top Go down

****TLC Spoliers**** Bryan pulls a.... Empty Re: ****TLC Spoliers**** Bryan pulls a....

Post by Bull Mon 19 Dec 2011, 10:45 pm

he wont lose this Early

Bull

Back to top Go down

****TLC Spoliers**** Bryan pulls a.... Empty Re: ****TLC Spoliers**** Bryan pulls a....

Post by Brady12 Mon 19 Dec 2011, 11:06 pm

TheBrahmaBull wrote:he wont lose this Early

I'm pretty sure he will

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by The Awesome Giz Mon 19 Dec 2011, 11:34 pm

I hope he does, I don't rate him as a top level talent superstar. I'm sure Bryan is a talented wrestler but not a top superstar as WWE put it. He'll most likely be a Rey style underdog for this reign. If his mic work massively improves I might change my mind.

Apparently the title change only happened last night because Henrys injury is worse than thought. And I'de like to see him drop the strap to Sheamus, who is on a roll and appears to be way more popular than Bryan.

I can't see Vince wanting to ex ROH stars as the top champs for too long.

The Awesome Giz

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Mon 19 Dec 2011, 11:41 pm

The Awesome Giz wrote:I hope he does, I don't rate him as a top level talent superstar. I'm sure Bryan is a talented wrestler but not a top superstar as WWE put it. He'll most likely be a Rey style underdog for this reign. If his mic work massively improves I might change my mind.

Apparently the title change only happened last night because Henrys injury is worse than thought. And I'de like to see him drop the strap to Sheamus, who is on a roll and appears to be way more popular than Bryan.

I can't see Vince wanting to ex ROH stars as the top champs for too long.

I thought it was a bit wierd, as soon as Show mentioned his '9 year title drought' in his pre match promo I thought 'Jesus he's going over here!'

Bryan has all the credibility of James Buster Douglas as heavyweight champion. He's been presented as a fluke champion, he'll drop it immediately & slip back into the mid card shuffle

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 19 Dec 2011, 11:53 pm

Former WWE creative team member Seth Mates says if history is any indication - we shouldn't expect a long title reign from new World Heavyweight champion Daniel Bryan. Mates tweeted on Monday afternoon @SethMates:

"To borrow a holiday metaphor, this is the time of year (between Survivor Series and the Royal Rumble) when Vince (McMahon) 'tries on' his new clothes or new main eventers."

"Foley (99), Jericho (01), Evolution (03), Edge (06), Sheamus (09), Miz (10), Bryan (11) among those elevated during this stretch of (the year). And to continue with the bad holiday metaphor, Vince has (until) Royal Rumble undercard to return them if they don't fit just right. Also, Jeff Hardy in '08 - almost forgot him."

"So don't be surprised if Bryan loses the title at (Royal Rumble). Not a dealbreaker...just Vince's history with change."

As previously reported, original plans called for Mark Henry to remain champion for several more months. However, Henry suffered a groin injury during his match with John Cena on RAW last week and the call was made for Henry to drop the title at TLC.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by DDT Tue 20 Dec 2011, 12:59 am

I remember when Kane won the title in 98, having got a flukey win over Stone Cold in a first blood match at King Of The Ring, I think Undertaker(who was coming to get Kane) accidentally hit Stone Cold with a chair, busting him
open. The following night on Raw Austin won it back.

Having said that the title actually ment something back then, as there was only one, not 2 as it us nowadays, so the wwe can afford to sacrifice one of the titles on a guy who isn't quite big enough to deserve the belt. Interestingly it took Kane 12 years to get a title run again. Though I do think he deserved another one earlier, as he has been one of wwe's top guys since 2000 onwards.

I think it's unlikely that Bryan will lose it on Tuesday, the likelihood is he will lose at the Royal Rumble, as the world title match isn't the main event, the Rumble is. You quite often get 2nd rate title matches at the Rumble, as they want the top guys in the Rumble.

DDT

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 20 Dec 2011, 3:01 am

I still don't kniow why they didn't just have Kane come out and anihilate Mark Henry, get Big Show DQ'd then have Bryan cash in

Having said that, the WHC hasn't meant much since the Jeff/Punk feud in 09

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by DDT Tue 20 Dec 2011, 4:33 am

I agree gaffer, Henry needs time off to recover from his injury, so what better way than to have Kane come down and beat the hell out of him, they could then say Henry is going to be out for a while, thanks to the injurys sustained by Kane.

DDT

Back to top Go down

Post by uberkiwi Tue 20 Dec 2011, 8:35 am

Knowing the WWE its probably time for Orton to take up the strap again...

Rolling Eyes

uberkiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Tue 20 Dec 2011, 8:49 am

What I wonder is how much clout do guys like Cena, Punk & Michaels have with Vince? Cena has in public at least been very high on Danielson, Punk obviously goes way back and HBK was involved in the training of him. 3 very influential guys might then have some sway on him not getting such a rough ride as title holder?

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Tue 20 Dec 2011, 10:15 am

Daniel Bryan doesn't need to 'massively improve' Bryan is exactly where he needs to be as a performer, he is a ture pro wrestling professional in every sense of the word. This WHC is the culmination of a career dedicated to wrestling, IMO this is just the beginning for him, with a little bit of luck, patience and good booking Bryan should go on to establish himself as a top star. I for one have banged on about seeing newer talent (if ready) pushed, put over and given opportunities and I see this as a good thing regardless of the title run length, personally I would like to see him hold on to the title till at least the rumble with him chasing the strap to mania.

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Tue 20 Dec 2011, 10:22 am

Macclads (formerly Hero) wrote:What I wonder is how much clout do guys like Cena, Punk & Michaels have with Vince? Cena has in public at least been very high on Danielson, Punk obviously goes way back and HBK was involved in the training of him. 3 very influential guys might then have some sway on him not getting such a rough ride as title holder?

Not much I'd say.... Michaels has very little say I reckon as he 'left the WWE family'.... Punk? Again I doubt very much my guess is he keeps his nose clean backstage at the moment especially following his punishment during his last run... Cena? Again don't think he'll have a say on the booking didn't he endorse Bourne a bit ago & he got like a two minute push...
Vince ultimately has the last decision on the outcome of all things

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Balboa 316 Tue 20 Dec 2011, 10:39 am

I dont see much sense in him cashing in at this stage if hes just gonna drop the belt at the next available oppurtunity, it makes the MITB briefcase just look like a bit of a joke IMO.

If its true that Henry is injured, and they didnt want Bryan to hold the title, then they should have just had Big Show win it from Henry and then drop it to someone like sheamus or Rhodes on Smackdown... why get Bryan involved?

If that is a bit predictable and boring, then they shouldnt be making matches like Henry vs Big Show in the first place!!

Danny Balboa 316

Back to top Go down

Post by The Awesome Giz Tue 20 Dec 2011, 11:19 am

I think Show just won the strap to set the landmark of being the first guy to win the WWE, WCW, ECW and World Heavyweight titles. Which in many way is a decent record to have.

As for who has most power backstage, Punk will have very little after he was rude to Taker or whatever he did during his second title run. Barring Vince, Trips, Taker and probably Nash have the most influence. Cena from what I've read is not a very political guy backstage, hes just the company cash cow who everyone loves, but could have alot of influence. Orton strikes me as someone who will run things backstage in the future.

The Awesome Giz

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 20 Dec 2011, 11:27 am

I doubt Kevin Nash has any influence at all backstage these days.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue 20 Dec 2011, 11:29 am

i hear Kane has influence backstage and is one of the smartest guys in the business

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 20 Dec 2011, 1:10 pm

Cena will have more sway than anyone, he might not use it but as the biggest star then he'll always get what he wants, Orton is a huge voice in the locker room and is seen as the leader of the SD locker room now Taker isn't around

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue 20 Dec 2011, 5:31 pm

I know im going to be the only person voting for him but i would love to see Big Show win it. Simply because he is my favrioute out of the 4 and this could be his last chance to have any sort of run with the belt in my view

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by DDT Wed 21 Dec 2011, 1:35 am

Kane is incredibly smart. I dont know if any of you remember when they had a special WWE weakest link. Kane won the thing easily, and barely got a question wrong, he is a very inteligent guy.

I'm a big fan of Kane. I feel he has been one of the most underused characters in wrestling history, IMO back in the day he was a far better wrestler than the Undertaker, and could deliver by far the best choke slam, much better than Taker, or Show for that matter.

Let's be honest his title reighn in 98 was a joke, he held the belt for less than 24 hours, and he had to wait another 12 years to get a proper run. In the mean time guys like the Great Khali get World title runs. What a disgrace and an absolute insult to Kanes ability.

Back during the attitude ara, and even up til he removed the mask, Kane was well over with the crowd as a monster, and he more than warranted a long run with the title. Even without the mask he was brilliant, and should have had a run sooner than he did.

I remember that 2001 Royal Rumble, when Kane eliminated 11 men, and he was made to look unstoppable, and should have won that Royal Rumble. But oh no the John Cena of the attitude era Stone Cold had to beat him, in typical superman fashion. I don't know which superstar I detest more Austin or Cena. Even the Rock a far more talented wrestler, was never allowed to go over Stone Cold. I don't think I ever remember that bold headed Muppet lose a match cleanly for over 4 years.

The only time he lost cleanly, was when they gave the Rock a sympathy victory, which wasn't even for the title at WM 19, when both wrestlers were part timers. The Rock because of his movies, and Srone Cold because he was to old.

DDT

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 21 Dec 2011, 2:00 am

Laugh

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Wed 21 Dec 2011, 10:34 am

What?

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by TopoftheChops Wed 21 Dec 2011, 10:59 am

A lot of comments on this board seem to go off topic. Bryan will not hold the title till wrestlemania, he still is not a big enough draw to become a main eventer. I think they will do a Ziggler and see how he does in a main event before pushing him at a later time.

TopoftheChops

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down