The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Raw Discussion Thread (Spoliers)

+4
MetalMotty
Crimey
JamesLincs
Dr Gregory House MD
8 posters

Go down

Raw Discussion Thread (Spoliers) Empty Raw Discussion Thread (Spoliers)

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue 13 Aug 2013, 1:38 am

Got to say I'm really enjoying Raw so far, despite the convoluted finishes, both Bryan v Barrett and Orton v Sandow were enjoyable while they lasted.

Nice to see the Shield getting promo time as well.

Looking forward to the rest of the night.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Raw Discussion Thread (Spoliers) Empty Re: Raw Discussion Thread (Spoliers)

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue 13 Aug 2013, 1:41 am

Not intending to give my opinion on every segment, but that was a phenomenal promo package with Lesnar

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue 13 Aug 2013, 1:54 am

Ignoring the bizzare finish (botched?), WTF are WWE doing putting Khali and Natalya over Big E and AJ on the go home show?

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Aug 2013, 10:06 am

Assuming thats big show and henry v the shield for tag titles?

I cant help hut think theres going to be some screwy finish to the title match. Theres too much involvement from trips and mcmahon

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Tue 13 Aug 2013, 11:44 am

how long has cena been using sick children to get over??

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 13 Aug 2013, 1:58 pm

Highlight of the show was the Lesnar promo which proved that he can actually be a good promoer.

The main issue I have with the inclusion of a special referee is that it stinks of WWE not thinking Bryan is good enough to main event Summerslam, they're throwing in Triple H because they don't have faith in Bryan as the headliner.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue 13 Aug 2013, 2:26 pm

Thought that was an excellent go home Raw from a storyline/promo perspective, matches were in short supply but what we had was ok.

Brocks always been a good promo but his voice really doesn't match his physical aura 'Shamrock Syndrome' I call it.

When Cena was putting over HHH as ref, does he not remember Summerslam 11 where he wrongly counted Cena's feet under the ropes and all the chaos that ensued from there on? Or is 2 years ago before WWE's memory span starts.

I agree that all the bells and whistles are making the Cena vs Bryan issue look overly convoluted, which is a shame as I'm really looking forward to it, this probably more than the Punk v Cena match, was the match I never dreamed I'd see when I first got into ROH 5-6 years ago, I hope WWE let the match have its drama even if they feel compelled to bring in all the bells and whistles towards the end.

With all that said the Miz TV segment was excellent, do feel sorry for the Miz though, how far has he fallen since WM27, couple of obnoxious comments, cut of by Bryan then had mysteriously scuttled out of the ring for all the big boys to have their pose of, he's literally back where he started as the host of Smackdown in 06/07.

As I said before, great to see The Shield getting some mic time, Ambrose vs RVD should be a decent match, and at least Rollins and Reigns will be on the card I would think.

Loved Christian's promo package, really crystallised the story of his return, before I was just pleased that he's get a decent match out of Del Rio, but now I'm really pulling for him, even if I don't see him winning.

The Lesnar/Heyman/Punk segment was great as well, saw the surprise coming a mile off but it worked well, this has to be feud of the year this far, interesting that their almost certainly setting up for a Lesnar PPV win, not that I'm complaining (Lesnar needs the wins) but hopefully WWE are mindful to pick the feud up again and don't just leave Punk hanging with the loss.

Really can't think of much else to say, at least Natalya is in the Divas match, hopefully she can hold it together, though I'm still bemused by her match with AJ & Big E, what purpose did it serve to do that to AJ & E, that's almost burial type treatment.

Overall 9/10 Raw for storylines, 4-5/10 for wrestling, hyped for Summerslam, can't remember the last time I looked forward to a PPV so much.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalMotty Tue 13 Aug 2013, 2:44 pm

havent seen all of it but quite impressed with Raw this week. Good show before PPV and has added alot more depth to storylines.

Im really unsure whats gonna happen in the Daniel Bryan v John Cena match now but rumour mill is Cena is taking time off so could we see a D Bry win?

Also the word that the biggest reaction at last night's RAW may have been for The Ultimate Warrior when they aired a WWE 2K14 video during a commercial break.

MetalMotty

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue 13 Aug 2013, 3:41 pm

If Orton is going to cash in on the winner of the match, I'd rather it was Bryan. Bryan beats Cena clean in over 20 minutes, then manages to hold out another 20 vs Orton. He's proven in the past he can handle length like that, especially after his gauntlet on RAW a few weeks ago. Atleast that way he gets seriously over even if he loses. Theres nothing more damaging (IMO) than losing the title in a 2 minute cash in squash.

However, with Triple H being inserted in and alot of emphasis on him being unbiased, I cant help but think he'll turn on Bryan and turn heel. We don't need another fan favourite feuding with Triple H, as it didnt do Punk any favours.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue 13 Aug 2013, 4:01 pm

If Bryan loses, I'd rather he lost clean, than won screwy, this should be his match, win or lose.

I'd rather any other factors came after the match.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by TheCultOfPersonality Tue 13 Aug 2013, 6:31 pm

That Christian promo was pretty sweet, I'd like to see him win at Summerslam.

Despite Bryan holding his own against Cena last night, I still think Cena was superior to Bryan on the mic and showed why he is one of the best in the business. The two of the them both look strong going into the bout however I can only see Orton coming out on top which I don't really mind.

It's sad that the RVD/Ambrose match has been relegated to the pre show as thats bound to be a cracking match and deserves a spot on the main card.

TheCultOfPersonality

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 13 Aug 2013, 7:22 pm

The origin of "one more match" was a heel thing right?

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebird_ccfc Tue 13 Aug 2013, 8:51 pm

Won't this be the first 'wrestling' match that lesnar will have been involved in since his return? All the others have been street fights or no holds barred etc haven't they?
Bluebird_ccfc
Bluebird_ccfc

Back to top Go down

Post by TheCultOfPersonality Tue 13 Aug 2013, 9:12 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:The origin of "one more match" was a heel thing right?
Yep, when it was somewhat over with the crowd. Now know one really cares for it.

TheCultOfPersonality

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down