The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Analyzing Nole's Serve

5 posters

Go down

Analyzing Nole's Serve Empty Analyzing Nole's Serve

Post by novak143 Tue 15 Mar 2011, 5:51 am

I thought it would be a good time to analyze Nole's Serve.

The one shot which has parted him from the second half of 2009 to first half of 2010. Now that it has returned to him to become a potential threat to his opponents, let's see how it works for him.
To analyze his action:
1.He taps the ball too many times. In a recent interview, he admitted it to be around well over 20 times. But I have observed that he has cut it down to around 10-12 times of late. As he also told in the interview, it is a WIP (Work in Progress), and it should come down to tolerable levels.
2.He has a high ball toss. I used to think that it induces an element of error. But Djokovic says it gives him extra time to hit the serve with more power. When boss says, we have to agree 'Smile'.
3.I used the words 'potential threat for his opponents' because, we don't see him serving typical Aces like Roddick/Raonic in matches. However, when the first serve lands, either it is returned wide or it is a weak return which Nole puts away for a winner. I have seen this new phenomenon developing as a trend against most players not in the top10. This means though he is not able get cheap points with Aces, he is able to finish off his service game typically with a 40 love or 40-15 score. That is putting pressure on his opponents. Recent game against Andrey Golubev is one such example.
3. His second serve is again very effective against single-handed back handers. Also he does try to dominate even in a second serve more by placement than pace, like serving it wide or high serve down the 'T'.

Lets hope Serve continues to be his weapon in the coming months, as it has been so far this year.

novak143

Back to top Go down

Analyzing Nole's Serve Empty Re: Analyzing Nole's Serve

Post by Solerina Fri 18 Mar 2011, 1:20 pm

That's very interesting, novak : )

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue 12 Apr 2011, 3:06 pm

Nole's serve: 8/10, if he can get it to 9/10 his number 1 ranking will come soon and last long!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri 15 Apr 2011, 3:00 pm

It will be interesting to see how NOle's game fares on clay, with the serve not being that crucial.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Fri 15 Apr 2011, 6:12 pm

NITB, I think his kick serve will play really well on clay he has an excellent second serve delivery. He just isn't the kind of server that gets a lot of aces. He just needs to serve at a high percentage and hit his spots.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Fri 15 Apr 2011, 6:26 pm

Hello guys.

Just thought I'd tell you that we were tipped off this morning that Novak was coming to practice at the Monte Carlo club this afternoon, which he did.

Sadly for us, it was a closed session, so we didn't get to see him or how he was training or practising. I asked the security guard if we could go in, but he wouldn't let us. They did say "perhaps tomorrow", but who knows?? So I can't offer up anything, sadly.
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Fri 15 Apr 2011, 6:29 pm

Wooffie, have fun out there it looked horribly windy. It looks like the injury isn't too severe thankfully. I can't wait to see what happens when Rafa and Nole square off again, probably in Madrid.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri 15 Apr 2011, 8:55 pm

Woffie, you are in Monte Carlo!!!!!!!!!
I don't know what to do first: cry or roar, I'll do both (inwardly, of course)

You lucky, ucky, LUCKY thing....please tell all AAALLLL!!!!!!!!!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Wooffie Fri 15 Apr 2011, 9:01 pm

NITB ... I've been doing a report from MC on our Rafateers On Tour thread.

Steel yourself ... and dive in for a read. Wink
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat 16 Apr 2011, 12:32 am

Wooffie wrote:NITB ... I've been doing a report from MC on our Rafateers On Tour thread.

Steel yourself ... and dive in for a read. Wink

I will....Hey, just realised THIS 606 (v2) is open ALL HOURS..YIPEEEEEE (feel like a 5 year old kid allowed to stay up late Wink )
Confession time:

For the first time EVER I actually enjoyed watching Rafa today. Him and clay truly ARE one....look forward to tomorrow (oops it IS tomorrow) better get some sleep!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down