The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Santino - the booking committee returns!

+5
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
Gregers
sodhat
Bull
Adam D
9 posters

Go down

Santino - the booking committee returns! Empty Santino - the booking committee returns!

Post by Adam D Wed 21 Dec 2011, 10:33 am

Okay, most of us like a bit of Morella. A guilty pleasure if you will.

But since his return, he has been sent to Jobbersville, population 1.

He gets plenty of airtime and I am sure he is up there in the merchandise stakes, so isnt getting future endeavoured anytime soon. However, how long can they keep him in the Chavo role of jobbing to everyone.

Upon his return he made big claims to start winning again only to lose every match since.

so what next for Santino? How can they repackage him into a credible opponent again? Dont forget it was only 11 months since he nearly won the Rumble!

For me, put him back in a tag team again and challenge for the belts. No one minds comedy tag champs - this is where Zach should have been used - 2 comedy faces lifting the tag team before Zach goes on to bigger and better things.

So, lets hear your thoughts on what WWE should but wont do.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Santino - the booking committee returns! Empty Re: Santino - the booking committee returns!

Post by Bull Wed 21 Dec 2011, 10:35 am

let him have short feud with Ryder? or let him help Ryder when he is facing the person he will feud with?

Bull

Back to top Go down

Santino - the booking committee returns! Empty Re: Santino - the booking committee returns!

Post by sodhat Wed 21 Dec 2011, 10:42 am

I think it's difficult to get Santino over and consistently winning matches purely because his character is of the lovable goon, and it fits to have him hapless in the ring.

To get him looking strong I would say they could have him cut some of the ridiculous stuff and say that he is refocusing and taking wrestling seriously...but that then takes away one of the WWE's go to characters.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 21 Dec 2011, 10:43 am

sodhat wrote:I think it's difficult to get Santino over and consistently winning matches purely because his character is of the lovable goon, and it fits to have him hapless in the ring.

To get him looking strong I would say they could have him cut some of the ridiculous stuff and say that he is refocusing and taking wrestling seriously...but that then takes away one of the WWE's go to characters.

Hence why I suggested the tag route - Tag champs are there to be cheered for there goofyness - E&C, Bushwackers, Dudleys, DX even.....

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed 21 Dec 2011, 10:45 am

I agree, because then he has someone else to rely on to be the enforcer and dominate opponents. Someone who can't talk would be best, like Zeke.

He worked well with Kozlov after all.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 21 Dec 2011, 10:46 am

I thought that the Kozlov/ Morella team was very good (although I know it got slated).

I honestly think that Ryder should have been in a tag team with Santino and had a face Swagger take the US title from Mr Ziggles.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Wed 21 Dec 2011, 10:46 am

Santino and Heath Slater...

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Wed 21 Dec 2011, 10:47 am

His segment with Cody Rhodes this week, where he bought him the present, was my favourite part of the show

GREGERS - BEAST OF AN IDEA!

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 21 Dec 2011, 10:48 am

the one man rock band with the trombone playing Italian?

#winning

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Wed 21 Dec 2011, 10:51 am

No! Santino > Slater

Santino and Gabriel

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Wed 21 Dec 2011, 10:52 am

It would get Slater over thats for sure.

His segment with Cody ED, don't you mean Coby? Laughed so much at that segment.

Santino for World Champ!

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Wed 21 Dec 2011, 10:53 am

I think it was the way he said cologne that got me Laugh

I wouldn't change him

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Wed 21 Dec 2011, 11:03 am

From Santino's point of view, or should I say Anthony Carelli, I don't think he cares.

Where he differs from Chavo is that he is over with the fans by and large. So there is no reason why he should be FE'd. And, as already said, his goofiness is what sets him apart - going serious will make him lose the appeal.

He will continue to be jobbed out and he probably doesn't mind. Compare him to Mahal, another jobber. That is a guy that has FE'd written all over it. Santino's role is pretty stable and he is getting paid to do it.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed 21 Dec 2011, 11:07 am

I think Mahal is safe from FE at the moment, just because he's Indian and a bit of a niche!

I liked Kozlov/Santino too, it works very well to have him with a straight and serious man, and he could actually elevate someone who maybe lacks the natural charisma. His ideal partner = Steve Blackman...

I wouldn't have Ryder with him, I think Zack is moving well past that stage and he's being taken seriously!

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Wed 21 Dec 2011, 11:08 am

How funny was Cole and Lawler's commentary in the Mahal match?

Michael Cole : I want to ride an elephant

Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Wed 21 Dec 2011, 11:12 am

Mahal is awful, no other words for it. And gets no reaction whatsoever from the crowds.

In fact they don't even give a micro**** about him!

At least Khali garnered some sort of reaction!

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Wed 21 Dec 2011, 11:27 am

agree Mahal is Boring and Awful and should been Fired with the great Giant

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Wed 21 Dec 2011, 11:34 am

Problem is he "appeals" to the huge Indian market... does Mahal actually do this?

Mahal makes Ted Dibiase Jnr look like the Rock on the mic. Not once has Mahal said anything the crowd cared about, he's even more of a toilet break than the divas atm. At least he's getting squashed by Sheamus atm

----

Booking task for today: Santino the next US Champion

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Wed 21 Dec 2011, 11:41 am

Go down the Eddie/Batista route (or how it would have played out if he hadn't of died)

Couple of skits together. Then Santino hanging around during Ryder's matches and congratulating him when he wins. Then Ryder giving his "friend" a match for the title at a PPV. Match starts off very friendly - Santino holding the ropes up for Ryder to get through, breaking without retaliation at the referee's count, lots of technical ground moves etc). Then have Santino swerve right at the end with a ref bump, when Ryder hesitates to give him the Rough Ryder. Maybe whacks him with a chair, while the referee is down. Pins him - new US champion and heel run.

Sorry for the length - am snowed under at work. I am sure others can come up with a better one than that.

Last edited by TwisT on Wed 21 Dec 2011, 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Wed 21 Dec 2011, 11:45 am

Santino Marella is in the ring doing a skit about tromboning
Zack Ryder comes out and says "Woo Woo Woo - You know it!"
John Lauinaitis comes out and huskily declares that he's a creative executive vice-president of talent relations and interim general manager of Raw and his creative and dynamic idea is to have Zack Ryder defend his US Title tonight against Santino Marella.
They have a bit of a match and Marella hits the cobra, and wins the title.

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed 21 Dec 2011, 11:48 am

Electric Demon wrote:Santino Marella is in the ring doing a skit about tromboning
Zack Ryder comes out and says "Woo Woo Woo - You know it!"
John Lauinaitis comes out and huskily declares that he's a creative executive vice-president of talent relations and interim general manager of Raw and his creative and dynamic idea is to have Zack Ryder defend his US Title tonight against Santino Marella.
They have a bit of a match and Marella hits the cobra, and wins the title.

Bit too 'out there' for me.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho-gooner Wed 21 Dec 2011, 1:36 pm

Am i the only one that thinks Santino is where he should be? There's plenty of other I'd rather see in the mid-card instead of Santino

psycho-gooner

Back to top Go down

Post by DDT Wed 21 Dec 2011, 5:39 pm

First of all i think they should turn him back heel again, he was much more ammusing, I think WWE should then wait for the next big guy to come along, someone like a Great Khali or a Kozlov. Basically a guy who looks unstoppable. 

Santino should come down to the ring and brag, that he has a mystery tag team partner lined up, and that he wants a shot at the tag champs whoever they are at the time.

They could have it going on for a few weeks if they wanted to, with Santino cutting weekly promo's were he runs down the tag champs, to goad them into accepting his challenge. 

They could maybe have the match, as an opener at a ppv billing it as Santino and his mystery partner v the tag champs. A little like what happened when Cody Rhodes and Hardcore Holly were tag champs, and Ted Dibiase had a mystery partner to take them on with. 

During the match, the big guy cleans house, destroying the tag champs, whilst Santino barely does a thing. The big guy hits his finisher, and then Santino orders him to tag him in, and then he picks up the victory for his team. 

You could then have Santino boasting on Raw how he picked up the victory for his team, and how he and his partner are the greatest tag champs of all time. He could run down popular tag teams from the past,  like DX to realy get the fans backs up.

They could then continue defending there titles for a while, with the big guy, doing all the work, but Santino always ordering the big guy to tag him in so as he can pick up the victory. 

After a few months of being champions, they could have them lose them, with Santino being the guy who gets pinned. Santino could then start a row with his partner, pushing him in the chest, blaming him for the defeat, and then the big guy snaps, and kicks his arse. Ending the tag team. 

DDT

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 21 Dec 2011, 5:57 pm

Santino Marella has the potential to be a modern day Bobby Heenan, take him out the ring and make him a manager who takes big bumps, he could talk people into buildings if he was the manager of a big beast of a guy

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down