The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Club/Region Attendances

5 posters

Go down

Club/Region Attendances Empty Club/Region Attendances

Post by wrfc1980 Sat 24 Dec 2011, 5:52 am

With all the talk of attendances on this board, particulary the bad news storeis of plumiting attendances in the welsh game. I though it would be good to highlight that the Quins for their clash v Wasps on 27th December have already sold over 75,000 tickets! It may well break the world record for the biggest rugby domestic attendance EVER! Well done Quins, to put tha into perspectve thats 20,000 MORE tickrts sold than Wales managed in their game against Australia a month or so ago.

wrfc1980

Back to top Go down

Club/Region Attendances Empty Re: Club/Region Attendances

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Sat 24 Dec 2011, 7:11 am

Quins v Sarries

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sat 24 Dec 2011, 9:09 am

First off research is a wonderful tool, they are playing Sarries not Wasps!!!!!

Secondly why the need for the dig about attendances at the Wales Australia game, as for the 20,000 more tickets again research is wonderful. There were just shy of 70,000 at the Australia game so how come the 75,000 tickets sold was 20,000 more, especially as the MS only has capacity of 75,000.

As for the game itself well done to Quins and the English clubs for their marketing but I have mentioned this before, however many fans would the English teams get if Regionalism was thrust on them in such a hap hazard way it was with us.

Would a joint Gloucester/Bath Regional side still draw the same grounds.

How about a Tigers/Saints combo.

I very much doubt die hard Tigers fans would go to Franklyn Gardens to support a supposedly 'Midlans' Region that played there in predominently Saints colours etc etc
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 24 Dec 2011, 12:02 pm

That's a fantastic achievement for the Quins v Saracens game. Should be a cracking atmosphere! Good mix of styles on show.

beford, hopefully regionalism will never, ever take place in English rugby.

Back to top Go down

Post by Impossible Standards Sat 24 Dec 2011, 12:09 pm

As a Welshman I'm flattered you feel the need to measure your success against what we do. Maybe a better comparison and more relevant would be to compare it to the current record premiership attendance. Just a thought...
Impossible Standards
Impossible Standards

Back to top Go down

Post by Feckless Rogue Sat 24 Dec 2011, 1:55 pm

The World record is for a club/provincial rugby game is 82,208, set when Munster played Leinster in the '09 HEC semi final. I hope they don't break the record set by the Irish sides. But well done, if they do.
Feckless Rogue
Feckless Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sat 24 Dec 2011, 3:23 pm

SafeAsMilk wrote:That's a fantastic achievement for the Quins v Saracens game. Should be a cracking atmosphere! Good mix of styles on show.

beford, hopefully regionalism will never, ever take place in English rugby.

Safe,

As someone who has been lucky enough to trafevl to all the big grounds in England and have a soft spot for the Shed and Glawster I hope you are right, BUT if it did I would love then to see what crowds they get.

I imagine like a lot of people in Wales they wouldn't go down so well, I can't for example ever imagine a Gloucester fan going to the Rec to support a West Country Region that plays at the Rec in predominently Bath colours with Bath still in the name but thats basically what the WRU asked of us fans in Wales.

Regions are finally now getting their act together (Dragons certainly are) but there is still a long way to go both on and off field.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Sat 24 Dec 2011, 8:29 pm

Impossible Standards wrote:As a Welshman I'm flattered you feel the need to measure your success against what we do. Maybe a better comparison and more relevant would be to compare it to the current record premiership attendance. Just a thought...

This is a premiership fixture. Is that what you meant?

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down