The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transfer window - Who do you need?

+12
Clunge4life
Gregers
westisbest
super_realist
Crimey
d260005p
monty junior
Mat
Good Golly I'm Olly
ncfc_Tooze
Fernando
LivinginItaly
16 posters

Go down

Transfer window - Who do you need? Empty Transfer window - Who do you need?

Post by LivinginItaly Tue 27 Dec 2011, 2:23 pm

With the start of the transfer window nearly upon us will it be a busy period for your team?

Who do you think your team needs / should buy to boost their performances for the second half of the season? Who should be got rid of? Which areas of the team need to be addressed asap?

On a more general note who do you think will be the biggest spenders in this transfer window? Who will be the biggest transfer deal in/out? Who do you think will be the best value for money transfer?

As my team is Liverpool, I will start the ball rolling with them. In my opinion we are creating many many chances, but failing to take them. Our defence is the best in the country (statistically), but we are drawing far to many games given to our lack of goals. Therefore I think that Liverpool need to bring in a goalscorer asap, especially if Suarez serves his ban. However, here lies the problem, without spending huge sums of money where can we bring in a proven goalscorer? What I would give now to have a young Fowler like poacher getting on the end of all the chances we are creating. Apart from a goalscorer I think it will be a quiet transfer window for Liverpool, more quiet than last year anyway Wink

Over to you...

LivinginItaly

Back to top Go down

Transfer window - Who do you need? Empty Re: Transfer window - Who do you need?

Post by Fernando Tue 27 Dec 2011, 2:25 pm

Arsenal would have to Arshavin and a few spare players leaving . Need a LB on loan with Santos and Gibbs out injured will need a DM and a striker to replace Song and Chamakh when their at the ACON

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Tue 27 Dec 2011, 2:28 pm

defence should be ok, with ayala and ward back fit
Midfield prehaps is where the money will lie for us, with a defensive midfielder or 2 coming in, prehaps a winger of some sort

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by LivinginItaly Tue 27 Dec 2011, 2:31 pm

fernando wrote:Arsenal would have to Arshavin and a few spare players leaving . Need a LB on loan with Santos and Gibbs out injured will need a DM and a striker to replace Song and Chamakh when their at the ACON

Sounds like it could be quite a busy window for Arsenal then. You don't have any good young strikers you could sell Liverpool do you?

LivinginItaly

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 27 Dec 2011, 2:33 pm

LivinginItaly wrote:
fernando wrote:Arsenal would have to Arshavin and a few spare players leaving . Need a LB on loan with Santos and Gibbs out injured will need a DM and a striker to replace Song and Chamakh when their at the ACON

Sounds like it could be quite a busy window for Arsenal then. You don't have any good young strikers you could sell Liverpool do you?

You can have Chamakh if you want he's rubbish but still better then Carroll :P , it'll most likely be Almunia,Squillaci, Coquelin, Miyachi or Frimpong out on loan

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by LivinginItaly Tue 27 Dec 2011, 2:52 pm

The thing is Carroll might be ok if they play to his strengths, i.e. get down the wings and whip the ball into the box in the air. However, it seems the rest of the team want to play an interchangeable style of passing and movement, which really isn't Carrolls forte.

We will let you keep Chamakh... it being the season of goodwill and all that... Very Happy

LivinginItaly

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 27 Dec 2011, 2:58 pm

Id rather you didn't lol Ill carry him to Anfield if needed Smile

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Dec 2011, 2:59 pm

You could see at the end of the Liverpool/Blackburn game they got desperate and forced to change to a long ball/crosses style to suit Carroll because the interchangeable style of passing wasnt working in beating a poor blackburn. Carroll is going to have to have a big few months seeing as Suarez is out for 8 games so I fully expect Liverpool to change to suit Carroll with Gerrard supplying much of the delivery because Downing has been embarrasing.

I'm a Newcastle fan & seeing as Ba & Tiote will be leaving us, leaves us extremely short. We need a striker (probably french, however i wouldnt mind a £2m bid for Jordan Rhodes, worth the risk in my opinion especially as Best/Ameobi n Lovenkrands are the opposite of prolific. We need a CB possibly Bassong on loan or a move for Ridgwell.

I think it might be time for Everton to cash in as their situation is getting worse. £20m for Rodwell I would accept every day of the week. Donovan is returning but a creative midfielder to replace Arteta is a must and another striker is needed as Saha is useless.

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 27 Dec 2011, 3:05 pm

ncfc_Tooze wrote:defence should be ok, with ayala and ward back fit
Midfield prehaps is where the money will lie for us, with a defensive midfielder or 2 coming in, prehaps a winger of some sort
I agree here but I'd have another younger attacking midfielder coming in as cover/competition for Hoolahan.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Tue 27 Dec 2011, 4:23 pm

I'm a West Brom fan,I'd like us to sign:

Ridgewell
Onuoha
Nicky Maynard

Getting rid of fringe players such as Bednar and Mattock. And to hopefully beat Rangers and Celtic to sign Scott Allan.

Mat
6CW Creative

http://twitter.com/#!/DiMattEvansWBA

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Tue 27 Dec 2011, 4:28 pm

Newcastle fan

Rhodes for 4-5 million? i think that would be enough for Huddersfield to say go
Linked with Van Der Wiel for 10 million would be a great signing.

Tiote out for 15-20 million Sad
I think however BA will stay, if not it's lower half of the table.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Tue 27 Dec 2011, 4:35 pm

Also

Rangers

Templeton in
Materazzi to the summer?
Scott Allen

Out
Jelavic will be gone if 10 million is offered Crying or Very sad

Inter Milan

Milito out to Genoa for 6 million
Sneijder possible for 30 million

Tevez in 22 million
Vertonghen 12 million
And in serious need of a creative midfielder, Gotze? Cool

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by LivinginItaly Wed 28 Dec 2011, 2:05 pm

Phil Mcnulty on the bbc seems to share my opinion that Liverpool need to solve their problem of converting chances. However, he does not give any possible solutions. Do you know of any young strikers with potential that Liverpool could buy? I think the last thing we need now is another big value transfer increasing the pressure on the team, hence the idea of young players with potential.

LivinginItaly

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Wed 28 Dec 2011, 2:09 pm

I think Steven Fletcher would be perfect, would probably cost about 9 million and is a proven finisher. He's scored scored 10 already this season despite being injured for over a month.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Wed 28 Dec 2011, 2:14 pm

Stoke Fan:

Kenwynne Jones Out for around 4-6 million

HAVE to bring in a creative midfielder and a winger!

Maybe an extra left back to cover Wilson with Higgy being prone to injury as of late.

ideal signings for thos positions would be :

For left back id like to see Wayne Bridge

Replace Jones with a striker with an eye for goal to cover our main 2 (Crouch and Walters) - My choice would be Kevin Doyle

Midfielder would ideally be someone like Ireland (if he is alive somewhere) or Brunt. Someone who can have a bit of flair and pass a bit. Whithead does not give us that.

And maybe throw in a winger/forward like JR Hoilett. He looks class.

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Wed 28 Dec 2011, 2:15 pm

But if we had no activity in or out during Jan i wont feel that bad to be fair. We are doing well so far, so just hope we dont pick up injuries with the Europa League

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by LivinginItaly Wed 28 Dec 2011, 2:17 pm

d260005p wrote:Stoke Fan:

Kenwynne Jones Out for around 4-6 million

HAVE to bring in a creative midfielder and a winger!

Maybe an extra left back to cover Wilson with Higgy being prone to injury as of late.

ideal signings for thos positions would be :

For left back id like to see Wayne Bridge

Replace Jones with a striker with an eye for goal to cover our main 2 (Crouch and Walters) - My choice would be Kevin Doyle

Midfielder would ideally be someone like Ireland (if he is alive somewhere) or Brunt. Someone who can have a bit of flair and pass a bit. Whithead does not give us that.

And maybe throw in a winger/forward like JR Hoilett. He looks class.

So you are anticipating a quiet transfer window then at stoke Very Happy

LivinginItaly

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 28 Dec 2011, 2:57 pm

Liverpool:

I think we need to bring in another striker, Bellamy and Kuyt are, probably correctly, preferred as wingers and even without Suarez's ban I would want to see us bring in a striker to convert the bags of chances we are creating. Not sure who, thought of Podolski but that might be too big of a risk. I think Steven Fletcher isn't a bad shout.

Maybe bring in a defensive midfielder, although that would really only need to be a loan until the end of the season as it's only through a bad injury that we need that covered. No idea who to bring in to be honest.

I'd like to see players like Danny Wilson, John Flanagan, Suso and Jack Robinson go on loan for a bit to give them some playing time.

I've heard that we're looking at centre midfielders and left backs which is stupid in my opinion, we're pretty strong in those positions. No matter what, a new finishing striker is crucial.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LivinginItaly Wed 28 Dec 2011, 3:16 pm

Totally agree invincibleILeak, just need somebody to bag the chances we are creating. Do we have any youngsters in the reserves or youth who might be able to step up to the plate?

LivinginItaly

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Wed 28 Dec 2011, 3:44 pm

Indeed LivingItaly, i am anticipating a quiet window at Stoke, but we all know that it will probably end up being last minute.com deals in order to get the best price!

On a separate note, i think Liverpool will be the biggest spenders, or possibly Man Utd. I also see QPR being up there in terms of spending come the end of January.

Liverpool have what looks like a gem of a youth team with a specific player looking like a future talent in Jordon Ibe. He could step up possibly?

Failing that id imaging Kenny would dig out around 5-7 million for a GOALSCORER (as opposed to an all rounder, younger, fresher player). Someone like Raul/Nistelrooy maybe could fit the bill for short term cover.

Who knows. ROLL ON JAN!

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 28 Dec 2011, 4:55 pm

I don't think we'll be the biggest spenders, we only really need one player who shouldn't cost more than £10 million. I'd be disappointed if we went out and spent big money again this January, after two windows of lots of money being thrown about I don't think a third in a row sends a particularly good message.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 28 Dec 2011, 4:59 pm

all you need is a forward to finish chances. Why not go spend money on Darren Bent he's clearly not happy at Villa.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by LivinginItaly Wed 28 Dec 2011, 5:11 pm

Two problems with Darren Bent:

1) The size of the fee necessary to buy him, especially given British players are always massively inflated in price.

2) Following on from the first point, a big fee would put huge pressure on Bent to be an instant success (see Carroll situation). However, I am not sure that Bent would be a huge success, he has yet to prove that he can do it at the highest level on a regular basis. Low fee it would be worth the risk, as soon as the fee gets above 15m (which it will be) the risk is too great.

Also agree with the comment above re: three consecutive big spending windows not sending a good message of confidence to the team.

LivinginItaly

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 28 Dec 2011, 5:23 pm

monty junior wrote:Also

Rangers

Templeton in
Materazzi to the summer?
Scott Allen

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh

Why would anyone with an ounce of ambition join a team in the SPL, let alone one on it's financial backside?
Houston seems to do a good job of talking players out of joining the ugly sisters anyway. Allan is pretty much a done deal for WBA.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Dec 2011, 6:18 pm

LivinginItaly wrote:Two problems with Darren Bent:

1) The size of the fee necessary to buy him, especially given British players are always massively inflated in price.

2) Following on from the first point, a big fee would put huge pressure on Bent to be an instant success (see Carroll situation). However, I am not sure that Bent would be a huge success, he has yet to prove that he can do it at the highest level on a regular basis. Low fee it would be worth the risk, as soon as the fee gets above 15m (which it will be) the risk is too great.

Also agree with the comment above re: three consecutive big spending windows not sending a good message of confidence to the team.

I'd say Bent has proved himself to be more than capable at a high level. If, and I don't think he will, he did move to Liverpool he'd benefit from having a couple of good players around him to feed him the chances.

As for Newcastle, I think a central defender is key, as is a fullback and winger. Pardew has said a striker is unlikely since the Maiga deal collapsed, so I'm not too pleased about the prospect of Shola/Best supported by HBA, but I think it will manage a few goals. The biggest task in January is getting Simpson and Coloccini to sign new deals (I can't remember if Colo has already signed) and keeping those two, Tiote, Krul and Ba.

Back to top Go down

Post by LivinginItaly Thu 29 Dec 2011, 8:18 am

Churchill, if as you say bent has already proven himself at the highest level and indeed he is unappy at villa then no doubt we will see a bidding war for him involving some major clubs. If this is not the case it would suggest that the top clubs still have doubts about his ability at the highest level. He is certainly a good domestic level player, but we should be looking at international class players.

LivinginItaly

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Thu 29 Dec 2011, 9:44 am

Considering Bent has scored 95 goals in 216 games, id say he is pretty prolofic. Thats a 43% ratio, and in the top flight, is pretty decent. Especially considering Andy Carroll has scored only 35 in 103 games in the top flight and he was brought for double the price plus more.

I personally think that Bent would do a great job at Liverpool, as would someone like Defoe.

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by LivinginItaly Thu 29 Dec 2011, 10:52 am

He has got a good scoring record, my worry is that after a big transfer fee (which would be necessary to buy him) if he doesn't score for a few games the media pressure upon him and Kenny would be massive, and would probably affect him and the team. Plus in all honesty I don't see Kenny spending big this window. I agree bent or defoe could be a huge success, but with a high transfer fee is the risk worth it. Once bitten twice shy as the saying goes after the carroll situation.

LivinginItaly

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Thu 29 Dec 2011, 11:15 am

Villa.

Need another centre back, midfielder probably another forward.

Bent will be fine if he gets the service.

If he played on monday night, like to think he would scored at least one.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by LivinginItaly Thu 29 Dec 2011, 1:00 pm

westisbest wrote:Villa.

Is bent happy at Villa? Do you think they might lose him in this window? If so who would you like to see them replace him with?

LivinginItaly

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Thu 29 Dec 2011, 1:25 pm

Chelsea

A right back and a centre back (if not two)

And a back up keeper who will eventually be better than Cech

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 29 Dec 2011, 1:58 pm

LivinginItaly wrote:
westisbest wrote:Villa.

Is bent happy at Villa? Do you think they might lose him in this window? If so who would you like to see them replace him with?

I think he's unhappy because, quite rightly, the club he joined looked really promising, it had players like Young and Downing who would have given him a lot of service, he lost both of them and is left with Emile Heskey playing on the wings and a defensive manager.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Clunge4life Thu 29 Dec 2011, 2:00 pm

Tottenham Fan :

I would like to see another Striker come in to replace Pavluychenko once he leaves - also another centre back to cover the injury prone King & Gallas and to replace the god awful Bassong

Clunge4life

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Thu 29 Dec 2011, 2:13 pm

Obviously he would have been annoyed/upset when Young & Downing left.
Remember reading how he was pleading with Young to stay.

He's not getting the service he was when they were here.
We're not doing well, dont think he'll leave in January, maybe the summer.
Albrighton has only started playing, and has done well since McLeish started playing him.

N'Zogbia hasnt performed this season, thought he did ok monday.

Bent needs service from these guys.
Gabby up front with him.
Who knows how he gets on with the manager?
Playing him up on his own would have been frustrating for him to.

If he is to go, who would replace him, god knows.

Shane Long- wouldnt leave the Baggies so soon.

Hope to god he does stay

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by LivinginItaly Thu 29 Dec 2011, 2:28 pm

I wonder if the bad results from the torres transfer of last year might just make a few teams more circumspect with their dealings this time round, thus leading to a relatively quiet window.

LivinginItaly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Dec 2011, 3:04 pm

Gregers wrote:Chelsea

Another keeper? Surely Courtois and Delac have promising futures that another wouldn't be needed?

Would you be happy with Cahill as one of the CBs?

Back to top Go down

Post by TechInept Fri 30 Dec 2011, 5:09 pm

Churchill wrote:
Gregers wrote:Chelsea

Another keeper? Surely Courtois and Delac have promising futures that another wouldn't be needed?

Would you be happy with Cahill as one of the CBs?

I read the Cahill deal is done apart from personal terms, I think it's someone who will fit in quickly and competently. He hasn't had a great season, but with the players around him he was always going to struggle. I'm not sure what price they've agreed, I'm just guessing but it can't be anymore than 10m can it?

Will he go straight into the team ahead of David Lolz?

TechInept

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Fri 30 Dec 2011, 5:15 pm

He'll be about 7 million, which considering he only has 6 months left on his contract seems like a lot. If there's any Bolton fans here.. is he really that good? he's barely missed a game all season yet Bolton are one of the worst defensive sides in the EPL. If he wasn't English would anyone bother with him? genuine question

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Dec 2011, 5:41 pm

He's looked alright when asked to play in the centre of defence for England, but I think a team like Chelsea should be aiming for someone better.

Tech, I'd guess until Terry is banned then that'll be the case. Maybe gives AVB a chance to test Luiz in midfield or at fullback.

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Sat 31 Dec 2011, 8:23 pm

Lambert has confirmed he wants to sign Naughton on a permanent deal

Paul Lambert wants to sign Tottenham loanee Kyle Naughton on a permanent deal.

Lambert revealed Naughton’s signing is part of his January transfer window plans after the youngster produced an impressive display in a more unfamiliar left back role in this afternoon’s 1-1 Premier League draw against Fulham.

Lambert spoke with Spurs’ counterpart Harry Redknapp following the midweek 2-0 defeat at Carrow Road and the Canaries’ boss confirmed he is interested if Tottenham decide to cash in on Naughton.

“Yeah, obviously because of what happened and the way he has played,” said Lambert. “Hopefully it will be tied up. I spoke to Harry briefly the other night and I will probably speak to Harry again really soon. He is only a young lad learning he game and getting better every game. Kyle I thought was excellent.

“As I said yesterday, we aren’t going to have millions and millions of pounds to spend on players. With the wages and everything else. The lads need help. No doubt, but that is easier said than done. People might say there is money there. We’ll wait and see.”

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/norwich_city_boss_lambert_wants_naughton_permanent_deal_1_1166299

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Jan 2012, 11:15 am

Swansea have got Gylfi Sigurdsson on loan until the end of the eason. What a fantastic transfer for them; he should fit in well with their style of play and add that little bit of creativity that they have been missing through the middle.

Back to top Go down

Post by jro786 Tue 03 Jan 2012, 12:05 pm

bent but for 5 million
jro786
jro786

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Tue 24 Jan 2012, 1:23 pm

Not really who I would want as a Bristol City fan but this was closest to a transfer speculation thread i could see.

City have given Nicky Maynard permision to speak to Wigan with talks of a fee in an advanced stage (but believed to be £2m-£2.2m)

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Tue 24 Jan 2012, 7:14 pm

Is it just me or has it been a pretty quiet transfer window?

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 24 Jan 2012, 7:16 pm

Perhaps the Torres and Andy Carroll deals have put any big teams making major signings in January?

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 24 Jan 2012, 7:19 pm

You don't get as much value for money in the January window which is putting people off at the moment. It'll liven up the last day as usual

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down