The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your 2011 Rugby Union Highs and Lows

+36
LemonyVodka5
yappysnap
Poorfour
mckay1402
bsando
Gatts
HERSH
Biltong
OzT
aucklandlaurie
Full Credit
RDW
Glas a du
welshy824
B91212
manofgwent
Breadvan
EnglishReign
Rava
Hound_of_Harrow
Gibson
doctor_grey
rodders
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
dogtooth
westisbest
offload
flankertye
kiakahaaotearoa
Notch
SecretFly
Thomond
Feckless Rogue
PenfroPete
Suspicious lurker
Cari
40 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Your 2011 Rugby Union Highs and Lows - Page 2 Empty Your 2011 Rugby Union Highs and Lows

Post by Cari Tue 27 Dec 2011, 6:47 pm

First topic message reminder :

I know there's still four days to go until we say ta-ta to 2011 for good, but I thought it'd be great to do a little thread about your personal rugby highlights and some low ones. It can be absolutely anything rugby related - a favourite moment during a game, a particular try, something you heard in an interview or in the crowd...anything you like as long as it's rugby. So come on, let's have 'em...

The Very Happy

- Meeting Tommy Bowe in January. No further elaboration needed... king awesome!
- The Heineken Cup Final in Cardiff in May. Absolutely superb weekend, and the match didn't disappoint either. Epic. Brilliant atmosphere everywhere.
- The "wrong ball" try during the Wales v Ireland Six Nations match. Just cause it looked good from where I was sitting! laughing Good day out that was too.
- Ireland v England match in the Six Nations. The best game of the competition this year I reckon.
- Wales v South Africa in the World Cup. I did cry at the end though, but a much needed performance from the Welsh boys to set the tone for the rest of their tournament.
- Shirts - some tidy ones about including the ladies Wales home shirt (much better than the previous ones) and Ireland's red training top which looks Welsh Wink
- Tommy Bowe's run against Australia in the World Cup pool game. I think I had an organism. Laugh
- Watching the world cup semi final in the Millennium Stadium with all the other fans. It was just like a match day without the the squad on the pitch.
- The Ospreys winning start to the newly named Rabo season...shame it didn't last, but it was fun whilst it did.

The raspberry

- The closure of old 606 - just a bummer. Although I won't moan too much cause it did bring us this!
- Injuries - there's been a lot of them, most notably for me was poor David Wallace getting a serious knee injury in a warm up match just before what would have been his last RWC.
- Warbs red card - not disagreeing with the decision, I just think it was a fly in the ointment for our RWC. Over there and on here.
- My next door neighbour being a noisy git and spoiling some RWC viewing for me cause I couldn't get to sleep early enough to get up/stay up in time for one or two games.
- James Hook going to France - I know it's better for him in the long run, but I miss him at the O's Sorry
- Ospreys missing out on (what was then) the Magners League as well as the Heino.

I'll probably think of more as time goes on, but if I don't post this now, I never will...

Cari

Back to top Go down

Your 2011 Rugby Union Highs and Lows - Page 2 Empty Re: Your 2011 Rugby Union Highs and Lows

Post by LemonyVodka5 Wed 04 Jan 2012, 5:17 pm

Just a couple of quickies (ooh err Missus Your 2011 Rugby Union Highs and Lows - Page 2 1676414475_58a9425e07_o) as the Boss is right behind me but....

Low: Watching the Wales vs France semi in an Irish theme pub in Frankfurt and not with friends and family as no matter the result or which side you were shouting for it was an epic, nail biting match.

Highs: The little guy who was sat behind me in the pub and put up with my rather vociferous encouragement of the Welshies and the equally loud shouting in a tongue-in-cheek manner at the French to lose who came out after the match while I was smoking a commiseratory (it's a word!! Your 2011 Rugby Union Highs and Lows - Page 2 Furious) ciggie and said: *Puts on Allo Allo-esque rubbish French accent* "Allo, aye am Fronch an yoo shood ave won zat!" and then shook my hand before toddling off. Your 2011 Rugby Union Highs and Lows - Page 2 French

The phone call I got from my mid-septuagenarian mother who'd gone down to watch the match at the Millenium with her old school chums from back in the day in Pontypool and she came out with the immortal line "It was a great day but we're not taking Elsie out with us again. She got so drunk she fell over in front of the cameras, broke the heel of her shoes and peed her knickers in front of everyone!" Your 2011 Rugby Union Highs and Lows - Page 2 Peeing

LemonyVodka5

Back to top Go down

Your 2011 Rugby Union Highs and Lows - Page 2 Empty Re: Your 2011 Rugby Union Highs and Lows

Post by SecretFly Wed 04 Jan 2012, 5:26 pm

big boobies, a French man on a........... well, maybe his technique is all wrong (less teeth more lips should do it)............... and someone piddling.

Ahhh, the memories.....! Are you sure you stopped off at the right thread?

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Looseheaded Wed 04 Jan 2012, 8:48 pm

Highlights-
Wales' WC performance.
Shane Williams' last try, it was unbelievable.
Winning the league for the first time in 30 years with my college.
First game for Uni.
First game for my club's men's side.
Stepping a winger during training (Silly one I know, but it was a rare occasion for a prop to do that).

Low points.
Warburton's sending off.
Losing to France.
Losing to SA.
Losing to Australia.
Losing to England.
Shane retiring.

Looseheaded

Back to top Go down

Post by Knackeredknees Sat 07 Jan 2012, 7:54 am

Making a break from inside my 22 handing off the opposition center (breaking his nose in the process ), then out paceing the wing and fullback to score under the post Run not bad for a 37yr old second/back row forward. the only problem ws what happened after i scored vomit

England in the world cup (need an icon for steaming pile of doggydoo)

Knackeredknees

Back to top Go down

Post by LemonyVodka5 Mon 09 Jan 2012, 10:04 am

Here you go Knackered: Your 2011 Rugby Union Highs and Lows - Page 2 Poop-411

LemonyVodka5

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Wed 11 Jan 2012, 11:46 am

Highs - the year is over

Lows - most of the Scotland International performances

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Wed 11 Jan 2012, 4:20 pm

Knackeredknees wrote:Making a break from inside my 22 handing off the opposition center (breaking his nose in the process ), then out paceing the wing and fullback to score under the post Run not bad for a 37yr old second/back row forward. the only problem ws what happened after i scored vomit

wtf...why would anyone regard breaking someone's nose as a high? You're playing the wrong sport if you relish causing injury to a player, jesus who is playing rugby these days.

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Wed 11 Jan 2012, 6:56 pm

Gatts - I think KK was referring to the try he scored rather than breaking someone's nose...that was just bad luck by the sounds.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Knackeredknees Fri 13 Jan 2012, 7:15 pm

Gatts wrote:
Knackeredknees wrote:Making a break from inside my 22 handing off the opposition center (breaking his nose in the process ), then out paceing the wing and fullback to score under the post Run not bad for a 37yr old second/back row forward. the only problem ws what happened after i scored vomit

wtf...why would anyone regard breaking someone's nose as a high? You're playing the wrong sport if you relish causing injury to a player, jesus who is playing rugby these days.

Gatts i've been playing "these days" for 21 years in a senior side and thats only the second time i've broke someone's bones while playing, As Cari said i was unaware that it had happened, he came in high and i handed him off, just unlucky it hit the sweetspot. As soon as i realised what had happened i apoligised and he was fine as he knew it was not intentional.
Can you honestly say that in your playing career you have never unintentionaly hurt anyone while being tackled or tackling?

Knackeredknees

Back to top Go down

Post by rawa86 Mon 16 Jan 2012, 6:26 pm

High - Was at Thomond park for the London Irish game in Jan. (Last game i went to before moving to Canada). Was in the North terrace just in front of the big screen. The LI subs were warming up on the dead ball line but stopped and faced the crowd to watch a replay on the screen. There was silence except for one lad with a real limerick accent shouts 'What the f*** you looking at?'

Was in tears laughing.

rawa86

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2