The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Dawn for Bath Rugby

+7
Cumbrian
21st Century Schizoid Man
HongKongCherry
Bristolian
bathmad
Gibson
HERSH
11 posters

Go down

Would getting relegated help Bath in the long term?

New Dawn for Bath Rugby Vote_lcap12%New Dawn for Bath Rugby Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 3 ]
New Dawn for Bath Rugby Vote_lcap73%New Dawn for Bath Rugby Vote_rcap 73% 
[ 19 ]
New Dawn for Bath Rugby Vote_lcap15%New Dawn for Bath Rugby Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 26

New Dawn for Bath Rugby Empty New Dawn for Bath Rugby

Post by HERSH Wed 28 Dec 2011, 14:12

As the New Year approaches so does the prospect that Bath rugby will enter a new era, Craig has big ideas for this great club, ideas that will dwarf others ambitions not just within the Jeff but the rest of Europe, even supporters of other teams will look at Bath and think to themselves have they made the right choice by not supporting Bath, we will become most peoples 2nd team due the the fast, free flowing style of play.

But there is just one little problem.

Bath in its current form are rubbish in fact I've even asked myself do I want to keep supporting them, once I came to my senses I began to wonder how can Bath turn it around seeing as most of the squad just simple aren't good enough and I think I have the answer.

Bath need to get relgated, yes thats right to go forward Bath need a season to regroup and rebuild in the lower league, it didn't do Saints any harm, then and only then can Bath build a legacy that will dominate Europe for the next decade.

Here's to a bright future.
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

New Dawn for Bath Rugby Empty Re: New Dawn for Bath Rugby

Post by Gibson Wed 28 Dec 2011, 14:50

Don't agree Hersh. Bath must stay in the Jeff to see where they really are and what needs changing. Craig hasn't invested all those shekels to take the Drop. I think it would set the club back years.

Now is not the time for Bath fans to be fickle. Now is the time for ye to really get behind your club and its new mentor. And reap the benefits when the good times roll again...

You need to stabilise this year. Find mid-table mediocrity/safety and build on it next year. Ye need 3 or 4 key players to make the next step. Jeff playoffs and HC knockouts. I am sure Craig is busy with that now.

The key thing is that you now have the solid building-blocks in place for long-term success. A win at home next week would do wonders for confidence and halt the recent slide. Geech really needs to start earning his shekels.

Another good look at the coaching staff would be prudent. Craig must also be thinking along those lines. He is a massively successful businessman and wont put up with mediocrity too much longer. He is your key player. Along with the fans.

Believe.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by bathmad Wed 28 Dec 2011, 15:33

Get the ground and coaches sorted, and we should be good. I don't think my ticker could take relegation, so voted no!

bathmad

Back to top Go down

Post by Bristolian Wed 28 Dec 2011, 18:48

I voted no, even though I'd find it hilarious.

More seriously, the money pumped into infrastructure, training facilities, marketing etc. is definately money well spent and will pay dividends in the long run. The cash spent on expensive players I'm not too sure about. I said to a friend at the start of the season that Bath would win nothing (could still be proved wrong though) as I believe you can't really but success any more. I don't think it's a coincidence that some of the most successful English clubs in recent years, such as Wasps and Leicester have been those with a good academy or an eye for good young talent and just a couple of flashy imports. Look at Quins this season.They've spent big money in the past on players such as Zinzan Brooke and didn't really get much of a return, now they are top of the table with plenty of homegrown talent.

What you need is patience. Oh and I can assure you that being in the Championship certainly wont help your club.

Bristolian

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Thu 29 Dec 2011, 09:33

HERSH wrote:
Bath in its current form are rubbish in fact I've even asked myself do I want to keep supporting them,

HERSH you'd be more than welcome to come & support a team just up the M5 from you Hug

I was chatting to a Bath supporter the other day (well it is the season of goodwill!) and he was of the opinion that the facilities at FH are so good, that the players are just too comfortable and are finding it difficult to raise their intensity for game time. Do you think there is any scope in that?

Personally, I just want this run of form to keep going until after we've visited the Rec, 8 out of 9 wins would be very nice indeed! Very Happy

Last edited by HongKongCherry on Thu 29 Dec 2011, 17:46; edited 1 time in total
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Thu 29 Dec 2011, 14:20

I'll keep that in mind HKC, but I think I'd rather follow Bristol instead of Glaws.

8 out of 9 no chance. Whistle
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Fri 30 Dec 2011, 20:34

Would be funny to see the look on your face hersh if they were relegated. You are normally the first to put the boot in so a degree of schadenfreude - if only Yahoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Sat 31 Dec 2011, 13:24

Bristolian wrote:I voted no, even though I'd find it hilarious.

More seriously, the money pumped into infrastructure, training facilities, marketing etc. is definately money well spent and will pay dividends in the long run. The cash spent on expensive players I'm not too sure about. I said to a friend at the start of the season that Bath would win nothing (could still be proved wrong though) as I believe you can't really but success any more. I don't think it's a coincidence that some of the most successful English clubs in recent years, such as Wasps and Leicester have been those with a good academy or an eye for good young talent and just a couple of flashy imports. Look at Quins this season.They've spent big money in the past on players such as Zinzan Brooke and didn't really get much of a return, now they are top of the table with plenty of homegrown talent.

What you need is patience. Oh and I can assure you that being in the Championship certainly wont help your club.

You did indeed. I agree to a certain extent, I think a good core of home grown players is important, but Sarries have shown that good imports can be forged into a winning team, I assumed Bath would do the same. Mind you, Sarries have an excellent academy too, which proves your point! Look, you an I have seen enough of the dross that Bath United have served up on Monday nights to know that something has to change there, they're bottom of the A league without even a bonus point IIRC.
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by tigerleghorn Thu 05 Jan 2012, 18:58

What a difference a few days make eh Hersh?

A couple of threads later and they become "Mighty Bath" and a whole new spirit of confidence and expectation flows forth.

tigerleghorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Dubbelyew L Overate Thu 05 Jan 2012, 19:48

It's common knowledge/rumour/misconception that the PRL cartel's minimum entry criteria is arbitrarily set at the worst facilities in the Prem, currently those at Bath. You'd have to build a new stadium to be allowed back again.

On the bright side, there's no salary cap in the Championship.

Dubbelyew L Overate

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Fri 06 Jan 2012, 08:55

Dubbelyew L Overate wrote:It's common knowledge/rumour/misconception that the PRL cartel's minimum entry criteria is arbitrarily set at the worst facilities in the Prem, currently those at Bath.

Having read the document, and blooming hell it is long, I reckon it is definitely a misconception that the standards are arbitrary.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Fri 06 Jan 2012, 11:50

I don't know this article seams set up just to bash Bath.

So I'll join in Bath have had the double done over them by an Irish team for the last 3 years. He's hoping we get them in the H-cup group stage next year.

On a serious note, Bath are rebuilding and so are Sale, I think it's between them to see who does it better, and they need to stay in the Prem.

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down