The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWE Breaking News.....

+10
NickisBHAFC
Crimey
psycho-gooner
Buzzman
Shot 21 LCFC
Celtic Warrior
VDT
AberdeenSteve
Marky
djcc2004
14 posters

Go down

WWE Breaking News..... Empty WWE Breaking News.....

Post by djcc2004 Thu 29 Dec - 8:19

Money in the Bank Ladder Match Returning at WrestleMania .....

After a two-year absence from the Grandest Stage of Them All, the critically acclaimed Money in the Bank Ladder Match will finally make its return at WrestleMania 28.

As of this week, according to a report from Lordsofpain.net, it's been nearly confirmed that the Money in the Bank Ladder Match will be brought back this year.

Following WrestleMania 26, it was determined by backstage officials that the annual bout would be removed from it's usual spot on the 'Mania card in light of its own pay-per-view event of the same name that July.

Although the PPV was later well-received, numerous members of the IWC were enraged at the fact that we'd no longer be witnessing the electric Ladder match at the Show of Shows.

Personally, I felt as if the exclusion of the Money in the Bank Ladder Match from WrestleMania 27 took away from the event to an extent, in the sense that there felt like there was no excitement present on the card.

With that being said, WrestleMania 27 resulted in being one of the biggest disappointments of the year.

Additionally, the high-risk contest gives numerous credible mid-carders not only their well-deserved place on the WrestleMania card, but their respective opportunity to shine.

Superstars such as Edge, CM Punk, and Rob Van Dam were given their WrestleMania moments by emerging victorious in the Money in the Bank Ladder Match in years past as well.

In 2010, the Money in the Bank Ladder Match was still contested at WrestleMania 26 despite it being heavily rumored that it would be removed from the card permanently.

Shockingly, Jack Swagger captured the briefcase that year, cashing it in five days later on SmackDown to capture the World Heavyweight Championship.

If the match is indeed scheduled to make its anticipated comeback at this year's WrestleMania, I'd expect the winner to cash in shortly afterwards, or at least before the Money in the Bank PPV in July so the multiple victors don't coincide.

With the returning Money in the Bank Ladder Match just now being the latest addition to an already stacked WrestleMania 28 card, one can only hope that the one of the most anticipated shows ends up being as amazing

djcc2004

Back to top Go down

WWE Breaking News..... Empty Re: WWE Breaking News.....

Post by Marky Thu 29 Dec - 8:25

Yahoo

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Thu 29 Dec - 9:06

Huge news!

I always loved the fact that this match not only allowed the possibility of someone new to become World Champion but also allows a few more guys to participate in at Wrestlemania.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Thu 29 Dec - 9:44

Have i read that right, Money in the Bank at wrestlemania and its own PPV so you could have 3 briefcases being carried round at once?
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtic Warrior Thu 29 Dec - 10:45

VDT wrote:Have i read that right, Money in the Bank at wrestlemania and its own PPV so you could have 3 briefcases being carried round at once?

Yeah I'm not loving that idea. Will be good to have it back on Mania, but not a huge fan of it also having it's own PPV.

Celtic Warrior

http://officerrahl.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Thu 29 Dec - 10:53

Maybe they will do away with the Money In The Bank PPV. If thats the case than I expect either a Raw guy will win at Wrestlemania and shocking cash in on the World Heavyweight champion, or a Smackdown guy will win and cash in on the WWE champion.

Maybe we will see a cash in at Mania itself for the first time ever...

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzzman Thu 29 Dec - 11:02

I had said previously that a MITB would be good for wrestlemania as it would allow wrestlers like Barret, Ziggler, Bryan, Rhodes etc to all have a meaningful match up at WM. So great news!

Buzzman

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho-gooner Thu 29 Dec - 12:43

With the brand extension gone, why not have 1 case at Wrestlemania and 1 at MITB. If its the case where the wrestlemania winner cashes in before MITB, it'll just be another cheap useless title reign

psycho-gooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 29 Dec - 14:11

Good idea if they are getting rid of the Money in the Bank pay per view, bad idea if they are going to have possibly three briefcases.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Thu 29 Dec - 15:20

I love the money in the bank ppv and would be pretty peed of if it finished. Great ppv and without a doubt the best ppv of the year (mainly thanks to the CM Punk Cena match) However a money in the bank match at Mania is good for the midcarders at Mania. So im happy in that sense

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Thu 29 Dec - 15:21

I am so happy it is coming back to WrestleMania. I always felt it added something to the event and also the qualifying matches and specualtion about who is competing in it and the likely winner.

I have never warmed to the PPV event. I have felt that they have cheapened it and almost experimented with it to see who will be well received as a WWE champ and who can't.

A step in the right direction.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu 29 Dec - 15:24

I'd love to see someone win it at Mania then win they're respective shows one at MitB and carry 2 briefcases.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 29 Dec - 18:10

I think the main problem with two Money in the Bank matches is that they will run out of ideas quicker with two every year, I think you can see that in their current matches as there are less spots so they don't use up all their ideas at once.

Saying that, I'd like to see at one of the PPVs for one of the brand's Money in the Bank style matches be for the world title instead.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 29 Dec - 18:37

So it missed on Mania then

I'm undecided to this news

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM Fri 30 Dec - 21:44

Another big difference I'd imagine would be that the WM MitB can be cashed in on either world champion, whereas the briefcases from the MitB PPV can only be cashed in on the world champion of the brand to which it is linked.

BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down