The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scott Andrews and the Northampton Scrum

Go down

Scott Andrews and the Northampton Scrum Empty Scott Andrews and the Northampton Scrum

Post by Guest Thu 29 Dec 2011, 1:40 pm

I recorded the Wales v Aus game just gone, i watched it again last night and i must Admit Scott Andrews did really well in the scrum,
I don't really rate him at all he is very weak in the scrum, this of course doesn't mean he will always be rubbish he is young and like most props he won't be that good until he has a fair few seasons of top rugby under his belt so im not writing him off.
My point is how poor the Aussie scrum really is! they couldn't dominate Scott Andrews or Paul James " a loosey covering tight head" in the 3rd place play off game.

Yes Australia strike really well with running and the movement of the runners off the ball really exploits any defence but until they sort out the scrum they won't lift a worldcup again!

Now the Northampton scrum has been a real bug of mine for a couple of seasons, yes its good but i honestly still think the Ospreys full strength scrum would destroy it, not just dominate, destroy it.
The Scarlets for example held their own against the Saints scrum but the Ospreys destroyed the Scarlets scrum, in the loose the Saints props are far better ball carriers i will happily admit that but scrum time the Ospreys would win with ease!
but no one on the SKY team say boo about the Ospreys scrum during the HC.

Back to top Go down

Scott Andrews and the Northampton Scrum Empty Re: Scott Andrews and the Northampton Scrum

Post by Guest Thu 29 Dec 2011, 2:12 pm

Fair play, view you're always good for a laugh!

Nice line in comedy.

Back to top Go down

Scott Andrews and the Northampton Scrum Empty Re: Scott Andrews and the Northampton Scrum

Post by wales606 Thu 29 Dec 2011, 2:14 pm

Scrums change.

The Scarlets scrum is poor. Northamptom were just poor on the day, whereas Rhys Thomas has a stormer, so they held their own.

The Ospreys scrum hasnt been great this season, although it was very strong in parts last season.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Dec 2011, 2:18 pm

Adam,Huw,Paul, Gough,Ian Evans,Ryan Jones,Jon Thomas and Tupric

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down