The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Broken Boys are Back

Go down

The Broken Boys are Back Empty The Broken Boys are Back

Post by davidemore Sat 31 Dec 2011, 10:40 am

So, Happy New Year to you all!

Andre Dirrell and Jermain Taylor are back. Dirrell with a very impressive left in the second and Taylor with a win over 8. It's good to have them back, even if Andre's fight was one clumsy reffing affair. I mean the referee had no control over what was going on in the 2nd. First the towel comes in then it doesn't, and the time it took to get Andre to his corner, a joke really, and if a bigger fight it would have been a bigger joke for sure. Anyway, Andre is back and after some solid if not slightly rusty rounds Jermain Taylor is too.

But what next? The problem i have with both fighters is i don't know if they have the killer instinct. Although the way Andre put his fighter away last night would beg to differ. However, against the big guns i worry about whether these guys can keep their winning mentalities for 12 rounds. Andre has emotional problems, i mean look at him last night in the ring: apologizing when told not to push, jumpy, random words and shout outs after the fight, very odd. I think he struggles with the limelight, and is a nice guy, maybe too nice for the game. Shame, has all the talent. With Jermain it's will. Is he willing to do what he has to do to win, grind it out, eat up some pressure in the latter rounds when he tires and fighters come on. Fighters who are desperate fora big win, a belt. I'm not sure, it will be interesting to see what come of them.

I am a fan of both fighters, so let us hope 2012 brings them some big fights. And if they do, that we get the old Jermain and a new Andre that shuts up and puts up. Puts up all that talent that he possess and really produces. I mean isn't he, skill wise, the biggest threat to Ward in the division? Quicker, taller, a better jab. Just the mind, can his mind stay sharp? No wonder they call him the matrix. And with Jermain, we all want the old Jermain, the fast handed put some hurt on 'em Jermain.

Thoughts?

davidemore

Back to top Go down