The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problems with football

+6
super_realist
dancingweeman
cherriesfna
lorus59
Shot 21 LCFC
johnson2
10 posters

Go down

Problems with football Empty Problems with football

Post by johnson2 Mon 2 Jan 2012 - 23:14

Tonight, for me, shows me what is wrong with todays football.

At 1-0 the ref makes the baffling decision the send off Djourou (spelling?) for putting his hand on Zamora's shoulder. I dont know how Zamora is not embarressed by his clear dive. Modern footballers fall down at the slightest touch and it has gotten to a stage where it is so common that we accept these needless decisions.

The fact commentators have to justify why freekicks are given kind of demonstrates that they are not really freekicks.

What is needed to stop this shameful diving in foorball.

johnson2

Back to top Go down

Problems with football Empty Re: Problems with football

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Tue 3 Jan 2012 - 9:23

Proved divers should be given a £100,000 fine everytime they do it. Regardless of whether they are booked or not.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by lorus59 Tue 3 Jan 2012 - 9:53

Referees have never played football at any decent standard so they don't really know what a real foul is. They assume if a player went down, he must have been pulled down. Yet, they let every shirt pull in the penalty area go unpunished (unless an attacking player does it). They give yellow cards now for next to nothing.

lorus59

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Tue 3 Jan 2012 - 9:59

lorus59 wrote:Referees have never played football at any decent standard so they don't really know what a real foul is. They assume if a player went down, he must have been pulled down. Yet, they let every shirt pull in the penalty area go unpunished (unless an attacking player does it). They give yellow cards now for next to nothing.
..cough.....cough....
ref here.
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 3 Jan 2012 - 10:14

Shot 21 LCFC wrote:Proved divers should be given a £100,000 fine everytime they do it. Regardless of whether they are booked or not.

And you'd put this in at every level? Meaning a player found 'guilty' of diving once and doesn't play in the top tier could effectively have to play for a club for 2 year+ just to pay off this fine.

Not really a problem, rather something I'd like to see more of. Friday Night Football. I understand that it would isolate some people from going to games, but I really enjoyed watching a game on Friday night. Perhaps it should only be used several times a year and not on games where the opposition have to travel for hours to get to the stadium.

Back to top Go down

Post by dancingweeman Tue 3 Jan 2012 - 10:21

Funny how things work out isn't it. A few days ago it was Arsenal who were "making the most of things" against Wolves to get Milijas sent off. A tackle that was never a red card in a million years. And now they're on the receiving end.

I'm not condoning Zamoras playacting at all - i despise it and there does need to be bigger deterents in place for diving - but decisions like this do tend to even themselves out over a season.

dancingweeman

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 3 Jan 2012 - 10:25

You don't need to be a former player to spot a foul, you just have to have the benefit of technology, something the ref can't do. It's easy to blame the ref, but the problem lies with the players. I'd be appalled to take a dive or get away with a foul. If I were The hateful Cole or Lampard yesterday, I think I would have sent myself off.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Tue 3 Jan 2012 - 15:17

Imagine if we had technology........no body would be on here arguing, everything would be perfect, there would be no controversy (which makes our beloved game SOOOOO much more interesting on top of the class we have on show), games would become routine and eventually without any critiscm of refs, goal/not a goal moments, penalties etc.............dare i say it.....BORING!

F**k technology and stick with the good old game. Dives or not, its bloody interesting and thats what i like! The contraversy!

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by I Blame Coco Tue 3 Jan 2012 - 16:02

Churchill wrote:
And you'd put this in at every level? Meaning a player found 'guilty' of diving once and doesn't play in the top tier could effectively have to play for a club for 2 year+ just to pay off this fine.

Maybe a ban or percentage fine would be a fairer option.

Not really a problem, rather something I'd like to see more of. Friday Night Football. I understand that it would isolate some people from going to games, but I really enjoyed watching a game on Friday night. Perhaps it should only be used several times a year and not on games where the opposition have to travel for hours to get to the stadium.

This has been used in the Rabo Pro 12 / Celtic League as well as Heineken cup quite a lot and if anything has had a negative effect on crowds. Obviously this wouldn't effect teams like Man Utd (who could play all their games at midnight and still sell out) but may effect teams such as Wigan, Bolton, etc who already have poor crowds.

I Blame Coco

Back to top Go down

Post by I Blame Coco Tue 3 Jan 2012 - 16:04

d260005p wrote:Imagine if we had technology........no body would be on here arguing, everything would be perfect, there would be no controversy (which makes our beloved game SOOOOO much more interesting on top of the class we have on show), games would become routine and eventually without any critiscm of refs, goal/not a goal moments, penalties etc.............dare i say it.....BORING!

F**k technology and stick with the good old game. Dives or not, its bloody interesting and thats what i like! The contraversy!

This arguement is brought up quite often when discussing technology. All i'll say is look at rugby (both Union and League). Both use technology to aid the officials yet there is still plenty of healthy debate between fans and pundits alike.

If i hired an accountant to look at my taxes, he worked everything out in his head and at the end of the financial year, i owed thousands in tax due to his errors. I wouldn't see it as adding to the entertainment, i'd demand he use a computer!

Personally I dont find someone being inept at their job entertaining.

I Blame Coco

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue 3 Jan 2012 - 16:15

Johnson2 are you an Arsenal fan? If so then take the tinted glasses off, the sending off last night was the right decision in my opinion, I think you will find it was for persistant fouling, Djorou gave a foul away just after being booked and you can see Probert telling him it's his last warning, he was stupid to even put himself in the position by making any contact with Zamora.

We can all moan about diving in this thread, but the fact is that if any player from our teams did it then we wouldn't care.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by johnson2 Tue 3 Jan 2012 - 18:58

hampo171 wrote:Johnson2 are you an Arsenal fan? If so then take the tinted glasses off, the sending off last night was the right decision in my opinion, I think you will find it was for persistant fouling, Djorou gave a foul away just after being booked and you can see Probert telling him it's his last warning, he was stupid to even put himself in the position by making any contact with Zamora.

We can all moan about diving in this thread, but the fact is that if any player from our teams did it then we wouldn't care.

Nope, Newcastle fan.

Just like the Norwich player conned the ref, just like Jonas is a cheating scum bag who plays for Newcastle and he doesnt get my support when he cheats.

johnson2

Back to top Go down

Post by johnson2 Tue 3 Jan 2012 - 22:13

More shameful diving tonight, this time by Yaya Toure. Gary 'Carisma' Neville trying to justify the dive by pointing out some minimal contact.

Please..... my 4 year old cousin could stay on his feet after that.

johnson2

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 3 Jan 2012 - 22:16

I'm a Norwich fan and I admit we 'conned' the ref. But we have become savvy to this league as this was happening to us at the start of the season. In our first 4 or 5 games we had a penalty given against us in each match of at least 3 were extremely harsh. But we have grown up to what this league has become which is a league where minimal contact is enough to make a grown man fall to the floor in anguish.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by johnson2 Wed 4 Jan 2012 - 17:10

So the FA wont recind Bartons red card, laughable. Just as I think they are turning a corner with banning a racist in Suarez, they come out with a baffling decision to uphold the Barton decision.

johnson2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down